Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

the elo hell effect.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valgaro

07-07-2014

elo hell is arguably real or not. i think that it is, but not in regaurds to how most would think. i would like to think that elo hell is more of the player base then the elo being low and getting bad players.

the problem is that most players dont know what they are doing in a game like League. they are thinking like the are playing Call od Duty, kill kill die respawn and do it again. as were a league player is more like i need items, i need gold, if i can kill him thats gold, i get tower thats gold, i kill minions thats gold. but wait i die they get gold they get minions, kills, and towers too, i cant let that happen.

its the job of the community to know how to play the game and how the game works and it honestly doesnt anymore, and those that do suffer for it. and in my opinion if people just knew how to play the game better rather then just playing the game the community in terms of anger or hostility in games would change

PonderousSeaLion

07-07-2014

Quote:
Valgaro:
elo hell is arguably real or not. i think that it is, but not in regaurds to how most would think. i would like to think that elo hell is more of the player base then the elo being low and getting bad players.

the problem is that most players dont know what they are doing in a game like League. they are thinking like the are playing Call od Duty, kill kill die respawn and do it again. as were a league player is more like i need items, i need gold, if i can kill him thats gold, i get tower thats gold, i kill minions thats gold. but wait i die they get gold they get minions, kills, and towers too, i cant let that happen.

its the job of the community to know how to play the game and how the game works and it honestly doesnt anymore, and those that do suffer for it. and in my opinion if people just knew how to play the game better rather then just playing the game the community in terms of anger or hostility in games would change

So it's the player base, and not the players at that elo.

That clears things right up.

BaronInHerNexus

07-08-2014

If you think that trolls, feeders, and people that don't understand the most basic principles of LoL disappear after Bronze, then you're in for a big surprise.

League of Legends is elo hell. It never ends. Just try your best and give advice to noobs so you can carry the game. Not much more you can do. If that's beyond your idea of fun, then stick to playing normals or wait for the new "Doom Bots" mode to come out.

Valgaro

07-08-2014

i think u guys are missing the point that im really trying to address here. im not trying to point out elo, bad players or trolls, but more the neglect of players attempting to learn and understand the game in depth that ruins most matches, ranked or unranked. and its always simple simple stuff like not warding, over extending, and then fighting (out numbered, out itemed, out lvled). ive had plenty of match were my team just throws and throws and throws trying to cause of fighting when they shouldnt and simply looking at items and player lvls u would see that u shouldnt fight them unless they engage on us.

the problem with league is true the player aspect. players refusing to learn the game or refusing to listen to ppl that do know the game. u tell some one stop overextending and ping them back they rage at you, u tell everyone to ward and and ping were ud like saome wards they rage at you. like im just trying to help us win the game and ur raging at me this is great.

CorruptedRogue

07-08-2014

I think I understand what you are saying. People who do not/refuse to understand the actual principals of the game. People chasing across the map because "They have to kill this guy", when it's time they could spend taking objectives. People getting camped, but refusing to ward because "They need gold to buy ___"/"I'm too mlg to ward". And when you try to give them advice, they just get mad at you, because they refuse to accept the fact that someone might know more than them.

Koi Nami Only

07-08-2014

I actually agree here. From what I gather, you're saying ignorance leads to frustration and thus, creates rage, correct?

In this case, it's true. Most of the rage comes from a person blaming someone else despite the rager being the one at fault. I suppose it's natural to force the blame on others. What sucks sometimes is that people aren't even open to improving at times. That's why I only offer advice if it seems wanted. Pretty much help who you can and don't say much to the ones that don't want it. It's unfortunate but aside from pointing out why something or someone is wrong and proving a better way which yields better results, there aren't too many ways to help people improve (unless they willingly seek it).

With that said, I'm glad that this sub section at least have people that are willing to help those who ask questions. It's a nice place to start learning as it's where I started learning things and I'm still learning pretty much (let's face it, gold 5 ain't nothing to brag about lol).

Valgaro

07-08-2014

thank you both Koi Nami Only and CorruptedRouge. you both convey my over all point in a better then i had originally.

i mean how hard is it to really lolking or something champion match ups in draft lobby insted of just instalocking who ever you want? or to type in ur lane has no summoners, or buff timers along with baron and dragon?

i mean i personally feel like i havent said anything people dont already know if they have played league to their account is lv30. and im really asking for is people to not go full ****** and actually think and not just do what ever they want to when if they would stop and think they could be doing so much better.

EQTacitus

07-09-2014

Quote:
Valgaro:
im really asking for is people to not go full ****** and actually think and not just do what ever they want to when if they would stop and think they could be doing so much better.

How I feel about life in general.

Teysa Karlovv

07-09-2014

I agree, there's not that many people out there to help rather they just insult you. Like I didn't knoe what a CS was til level 30, and until now my last hitting has been ****...