Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best malphite build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveYuRi

01-22-2011

Soo im wonder whats a good malphitebuild?

I seen really good Ap and Tank builds but i dont know what to build cuz i 4got ><
And what are a good skill order for malp too

thanks
-loveYuri

LoveYuRi

01-22-2011

anyone???

LoveYuRi

01-22-2011

no one

Rawrbagels

01-22-2011

This guide seems pretty "solid", but me personally I might build a hp/armor item earlier than he does. Regardless it seems like a great place to start.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/866-malphite-the-immovable-monolith.xhtml

Zenthous

01-22-2011

question like this worry me, bc i know this guy will be on my team next game and u have to explain to him how a tank builds.

Rawrbagels

01-22-2011

Well if you don't try and help people that have no idea what to do they will then proceed to do something like a straight AP malphite in ranked with no idea how to fit that playstyle. I'm hoping that the advice I give to people in situations like this will take this information and then play a few normals with it before doing well in ranked with a new role.

St Viers

01-22-2011

Love Yuri: Tanks have to buy to the situation.

If you are the main tank, getting Aegis of Legion is probably always a safe bet.

Against magic heavy teams, get MR items. If they are super bursty, prioritize Banshee's Veil. Otherwise, Force of nature (or just negatron cloak) is very useful, as it builds into situational items.

Against Physical Heavy teams, get armor. If they have crazy burst, zhonya's hourglass is okay, but generally just popping your w works. If they have high autoattackers, get frozen heart or Randuin's Omen.

Against a balanced team, figure out who is dealing the most damage, and prioritize countering them first.

Mitch Connor

01-22-2011

I like getting Sorc shoes on him. I usually always end up with a Banshees and a Glacial Shroud. But yeah, tanks always build super situational.

Samuraiofchaos

01-22-2011

Max q asap with e. I dont personally play jungle and i run with ignite/ghost, it works great early game and should net you a few extra kills during that phase and mid game. You can solo mid effectivly or side lane, which contrary to popular beleif malph is a great solo for the mid lane and dominates most other champions there with a few exceptions. I go 21/10/0.

First item health portion of philo stone with healing pot... last hit and harras with with q, but only use it near max mana to start(since level 3,5, 7 will do more damage) and or net an early kill.

-finish philo stone
-boots
-1-2 hearts of gold(if you get a vibe that your farming isnt going to go so well get 2 otherwise 1)
-upgraded boots(dodge if 2-3+ physical otherwise MR if going against alot of stuns/disables/casters).
- In most situations BV
- Sunfire cloak
- upgrade one heart of gold into the slow item
- 1 warmogs
- last item dependent on their team comp and however the game is progressing

If my score isnt 14-3 or something crazy like that then I typically have at least a 2:1 kill death ratio... btw your main role is to ult 3-5 of them and kill their squishies and protect yours.