how to play Lux effectively?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nickicksu

01-22-2011

whenever I use lux (4 times so far, lost every game xD) I find that her damage output with E is nothing more then a scratch on even squishy opponents. I use Q, E behind them, autoattack blow up E and then just run away but by then (even early game, level 2-6) i haven't even taken out a good 1/5 of their HP. what gives? when I play other Lux(es?) they can zone me out so completely out of minion EXP range with their E and Q

Smellis

01-22-2011

You're probably trying to build too much CDR/mana regen too early. Early game AP is what makes lux stronger into mid-late game.

Shrew

01-22-2011

remember that your trick with E is to farm/slow enemies early its not much for damage. oh and also it can be used to reveal enemies in bushes... no facechecking
late game it can blow up then ult and reapply that passive for some nice damage

i main lux, shes a game changer...experienced with a lot of builds, but the main build i use now is
-Archangels staff, mana and AP?
-boots of swiftness or merc, i like running around much faster for position and if you get CC'd youre too close. she has lots of range
-deathcap
-lichbane, with this and your snare you are doing lots of damage. just throw your ult in for fun
-Deathfire Grasp, i usually go with this for an extra nuke on those pesky tanky teams
- or just finish up with AA's. its insane how much damage you do with lichbane snare,auto,aoe,auto,ULT

but i usually try to stay at range and try not to go out solo, but if you do you can snare and get away most of the time

i also usually try for mid/solo

your ult is on a low cooldown so you dont need to save it for that chance to kill everyone in that teamfight, i use it to clear waves of creeps/monsters, just pew pew lazor!

just keep at it, lux is a lot of fun and a good lux shows in games

Nickicksu

01-22-2011

thanks for the insight

Marine436

01-22-2011

hey shrew, im learning lux as my new main ((my other main is Anvia, im a level 23 player)) and i want to know more then one char before i get 30, due to rank games

what spells do you run? i can't choose two between teleport, flash, and calarity

what runes?

im doing the 9-0-21 masteries as well, and the thing i noticed on your item's is you have no CDR? do you find you dont need it?

Marine436

01-22-2011

harmless bump

SySerror

01-22-2011

Lux E should be maxed first. It rapes. SPell pen and AP

Constriction

01-22-2011

R>E>W>Q

Magic Pen Reds
MP5/Level Yellows
AP/level blues
Flat health quints

Core items:
Dorans ring
Sorc shoes
Deathcap

Beyond those 2 it gets into being based on the other team's comp.

Options include, Void Staff, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart, DFG, Archangel's (not a fan personally, but meh.), Zhonya's Hourglass (If getting focused by squishy carries like Yi/Ashe/Cait).

Some people like building a Lich Bane, personally I don't find it to be necessary, I prefer building straight AP carry type build, but that's just me.

PineapplePine

01-22-2011

I don't know how to build Lux but I can tell you what NOT to do as Lux

Do not randomly spam your Ulti for farming if your team of 4 or 5 seems to be pushing against enemy tower. Why? Because now you're 1 Ulti down, if they took this chance and engaged a fight then Lux wouldn't be able to do finishing blasts or deal a lot of damage to enemy. Well at least thats how I do it, go after I see enemy Lux farms from creep with her Ulti and try to "poke" us.

Always spam your bubble shield, it save lives and does more than you think.

Your slow bomb thing is good for throwing at brushes.

Narvuntien

01-23-2011

I use the summoner spell clarity which allows me to build pure AP/Mpen rather than needing mana.

The key is to keep your distance but whenever an opponent comes at you throw the snare then the slow...and then the laser if you have it in quick succession... it will kill squishies and tougher people will stop attacking you..

also use E to farm/harass when your opponents are being more passive.

I agree with what others have said you need to build less health and mana and more AP early.