Cleanse + Malz ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hazza91

01-22-2011

Just had a game with Singed, was solo lane against a Malz. I had cleanse, but it didn't seem to work with Malz's ult. Has this always been the case? Since I'm sure I've cleansed out of it before..

Accerso

01-22-2011

You can cleanse or QSS out of his suppression but the ult will still be going and doing damage until he is interrupted

Faedlar

Recruiter

01-22-2011

QSS works
cleanse doesnt
/thread

Downvotes

01-22-2011

Malz's ult was turned into suppression a long time ago. Suppression blocks every kind of escape thing except QSS.

IS14176a9591ed17

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accerso View Post
You can cleanse or QSS out of his suppression but the ult will still be going and doing damage until he is interrupted
lol you cant cleanse out of ww ult

Hypernova

01-22-2011

Its been like that for awhile. Why would a free spell every champ can get be superior to a character sup special signature ultimate technique.

Drekthal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

since Malzahar's ult applies suppression, you can't cleanse out of it. but you can use QSS

Edit: oh yeah, and GP's remove scurvy makes Malz sad

Dapopa

01-22-2011

Cleanse won't work. It's a suppression, not a stun. I think some champ spells still work (e.g. Alistar's ult). Your only way out is for him to be disrupted or for you to buy Quick Silver Sash.

Kamuie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Malzahar's ult is covered by Cleanse as it is considered a Supression(sp?), not a stun.

Same goes for Warwick. Only thing that "cleanses" their ults respectively is a Quicksilver Sash as far as I'm aware.

TRAPCARD

01-22-2011

Malz and Warwicks ult uses a mechanic called suppression which basically stuns you and removes your ability to use summoner spells. Without it, both characters had an extremely hard time contributing anything to team fights.