Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ping spikes & lagging out since 4.11 (Shaw Cable)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evoy

07-04-2014

Bump

Baszawez

07-04-2014

Same stuff shaw cable Vancouver...My normal ping is about 20-30 and now it is around 70 and I have a lag spikes that make me stand afk and watch people destroy me and then eat all that reports...and get banned...makes sense right?

Slinkywheel

07-05-2014

I spoke with shaw support (on the phone) and he said Vancouver Island is having issues at the moment, and they are working on fixing it.

So if you are on the island, expect lag until they fix it. Could be tomorrow, could be a little longer. Not sure.

witchangel

07-05-2014

not only Vancouver, its happened in Winnipeg either. My ping was 56-59. But after the patch it became 70~100 and keep bouncing up and down while in game. Sometimes it suddenly explodes to 130+ and my champ lose control. I hv just played a game and its getting worse. my ping starts with a very stable 180.......after 15mins its bouncing between 90to130 sometimes it goes up 150+....
Can anyone tell me this kind of issues is riot or Shaw problem?

rasclatt

07-05-2014

So is this a shaw problem or a riot problem

I have a friend who lives in vancouver and is with telus. he said he still gets his same ping as always.

Extremely frustrating when +50ms lag, means 200% higher then you are used to playing on for well over a year

Laoking

07-05-2014

riot pls wtf m8

Evoy

07-05-2014

Quote:
rasclatt:
So is this a shaw problem or a riot problem

I have a friend who lives in vancouver and is with telus. he said he still gets his same ping as always.

Extremely frustrating when +50ms lag, means 200% higher then you are used to playing on for well over a year

Its both Shaw and Riot's problem, my friend has telus and his ping is still fine not affected. So Shaw must have changed their routing and same with Riot.

Please fix this riot I'm also getting instant 500 ping and unable to move my character standing still for seconds and people killing me. It's definitely Shaw and Riot.

Evoy

07-05-2014

Extremely frustrating from playing with 40 ping to 100+
And on top of that the random character disconnects makes ranked a living hell.

If there's a Riot Tech Support reading this please fix these routing issues.

Nemesis

Recruiter

07-05-2014

Same! My ping is usually 30-40, now it's 90+ with constant ping spikes!

Danuruk

07-05-2014

Southern California here with ATT. Post patch I've been at 90+ with -constant- spikes going almost to 400. Game has become unplayable, but my internet is perfectly fine everywhere else.