League of Legends debug launcher has crashed "time" is undefined error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blamskie

01-22-2011

After installing the new patch on wednesday LoL has become unplayable. I was able to play the game just fine before the latest patch. I can log in but when the LoL homepage tries to load I get an error message saying that the League of Legends debug launcher has crashed and then the "time" is undefined error line 486 pops up. I have tried basically everything, my firewall/antivirus software is disabled,

I used Jesse Perrings advice in the above thread, I have tried replacing the new files with old ones, I have reinstalled four times (using a registry cleaner each time), I have unplugged my internet connection/router for more than 30 seconds, I've disabled everything with msconfig, I've used older versions of adobe air,..the list of things I've tried goes on and on. After trying all of this I am still having the same problem. Not sure what else to try so I need help from someone else, thanks.

Here are my logfiles (I don't have the _r3dlog, _netlog, or maestro-game_client.log)

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Links are broken, it's easier to list what you've done. Okay, so follow these steps to go into a 'diagnostic' mode (sounds like you've done this already):

To perform a diagnostic boot, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard
- In the run box, type 'msconfig' and press enter
- In the 'services' tab, tick "Hide All Microsoft Services"
- Click 'Disable All'
- Go to the 'General' Tab
- There should be a dot in selective startup. Also uncheck 'Load Startup Items'
- Apply, then OK
- Reboot, and try again.
- Upon startup, ensure that no programs are running in the background. Also disable any antivirus and firewall software that may have opened, as they can force themselves on.

Once you're in the diagnostic boot, please run a test against these ports:

http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...-network-ports

On this site:

www.firebind.com

Thanks! :-)

Blamskie

01-22-2011

Hiya, thanks for your quick reply, after rebooting in diagnostic mode, the game still crashed. Here are the results from firebind

thanks for your help

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Awesome, looks good. Can you try this for me:

- Navigate to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Air
- Find LolClient.swf, and rename it to "LolClient.old.swf"
- Right click this, save, and replace your version: http://wrench-box.com/League%20of%20.../LolClient.swf

Try a custom game after that.

Blamskie

01-22-2011

Hmm, replaced the file but now I'm getting a different problem. After clicking play on the launcher, lolclient.exe runs idle for a few minutes (I saw it was active in task manager) and then I get the same "time is undefined" error. No login screen or anything appeared.

Eambo

01-22-2011

And you're still in the diagnostic boot, correct?

Blamskie

01-22-2011

Yep, didn't change anything else

Eambo

01-22-2011

Alrighty. Is your firewall or antivirus still active? I know mine forces itself on when I boot up. It sounds to me like it doesn't like files being changed, and is why you're getting problems. Try replacing my copy with the one you backed up above, does it then let you log in again?

Blamskie

01-22-2011

It says that my antivirus/firewall is stopped in msconfig, so I'm assuming that its not running. I replaced the file with the backup and I'm getting the same problem as before (I can log-in but once the homepage tries to load I get the 486 error) I tried reinstalling with everything disabled and was still getting the same issue.

Eambo

01-22-2011

To rule out the possibility of corrupt files (which I honestly doubt it is) you could try downloading this:

http://wrench-box.com/League%20of%20Legends.rar

This is a fully prepatched version of League of Legends with tested working files. Basically rename your League of Legends folder to League of Legends Backup, and copy this one in it's place :-)