Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Tenacity Item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

John Skye

07-02-2014

We need another tenacity item. I used to get Golem for the tenacity and Mobility Boots for speed on Hecarim. I know there is Zephyr, but we need a tank tenacity item that isn't boots. Just wanted to throw some input, because Golem had tenacity removed.

67chrome

07-02-2014

Tanks already have tenacity in masteries, and a 2 second stun when it takes an opponent 10 seconds to kill you means an entirely different thing than a 2 second stun when it takes an opponent 2 seconds to kill you.

Tanks don't really need tenacity, it's somewhat of a luxery stat. And with Elisea's Miracle, Moonflare Spellblade, and Cloak and Dagger previously offering tenacity - I'm not sure anything beyond merc treads really does need to offer it. Those items were hardly ever purchased, to the point they had to be removed.

Also - tenacity doesn't effect displacement (grabs, knockback, fling), knockups, suppression, or slowing fields - it's entirely possible to run into heavy CC comps where tenacity only hits ~10% of the enemy team's CC.
Quicksilver Sash hits more and Banshee's Veil effects even more - at a certain point if you want to stop CC Tenacity is not the way to go. Slightly more expensive than boots is that point - and boots are really the only item that a wide range of players feel good about at that price range within there builds.

17inchcorkscrew

07-02-2014

Quote:
67chrome:
Tanks already have tenacity in masteries, and a 2 second stun when it takes an opponent 10 seconds to kill you means an entirely different thing than a 2 second stun when it takes an opponent 2 seconds to kill you.

Tanks don't really need tenacity, it's somewhat of a luxery stat. And with Elisea's Miracle, Moonflare Spellblade, and Cloak and Dagger previously offering tenacity - I'm not sure anything beyond merc treads really does need to offer it. Those items were hardly ever purchased, to the point they had to be removed.

Also - tenacity doesn't effect displacement (grabs, knockback, fling), knockups, suppression, or slowing fields - it's entirely possible to run into heavy CC comps where tenacity only hits ~10% of the enemy team's CC.
Quicksilver Sash hits more and Banshee's Veil effects even more - at a certain point if you want to stop CC Tenacity is not the way to go. Slightly more expensive than boots is that point - and boots are really the only item that a wide range of players feel good about at that price range within there builds.

Tanks need tenacity because they're on the front lines and because cc is what keeps them away from carries. That's why it's the last mastery in the Defense tree. I think the mastery should be bumped to 30/35% and Mercs should get a new perk. I'm not sure about Zephyr/Moonflair because I have never used or seen someone seriously use either item.

QSS and BV are for carries. Tanks are expecting to get hit by cc.

John Skye

07-03-2014

Can't get Merc Treads if you have Mobility Boots. Tenacity shortens the CC, it doesn't have to negate it. Masteries for CC doesn't help as much as the tenacity items. So you're saying I should sacrifice jungle mobility to Merc? The old jungle item, I was able to get tenacity and mobility boots. All I'm asking is an item like the old Golem, for tanks to use.

Also if you think tanks don't need tenacity, that probably means for don't peel for your team.

Stellar Phoenix

07-14-2014

I agree completely. They've changed SOTAG so much it's not even funny and removing the tenacity was just stupid. As of now there are only two tenacity items--Zephyr and Merc Treads, and we need a non-boots tank item that gives it. Even with masteries, we still need it, because some tank junglers may not have the tenacity stats from the masteries. This is why the SOTAG nerf pissed me off so much. And it's not like having say, 45% tenacity is OP, since it stacks multiplicatively. RIOT keeps screwing up well balanced items and it's ridiculous.

The Lost Marbles

07-14-2014

Would it be too much if Tenacity were made a boot enchantment and Merc's Treads had a new passive? Like, say, a small movement speed boost that decays rapidly whenever you take spell damage.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

07-15-2014

Quote:
17inchcorkscrew:
Tanks need tenacity because they're on the front lines and because cc is what keeps them away from carries. That's why it's the last mastery in the Defense tree. I think the mastery should be bumped to 30/35% and Mercs should get a new perk. I'm not sure about Zephyr/Moonflair because I have never used or seen someone seriously use either item.

QSS and BV are for carries. Tanks are expecting to get hit by cc.

I tend to pick up Zephyr+Swifts on Shyvana when dealing with a slow-heavy team comp. Actually, on a lot of AA-based bruisers vs slow-heavy comps.
Quote:
The Lost Marbles:
Would it be too much if Tenacity were made a boot enchantment and Merc's Treads had a new passive? Like, say, a small movement speed boost that decays rapidly whenever you take spell damage.

So I can take it on Ninja Tabi, reducing physical damage AND CC. Or I can take it on Mobi's to help the the post-engagement slow down. Oh look, I just took Boots of Swiftness with the Tenacity enchantment on, like, every single bruiser ever.

Yeah, tsk, not exactly a balanced idea. Unless the tenacity was reduced.

ItsStout

07-15-2014

I agree that there needs to be a Tank/Bruiser tenacity item, but making it an enchantment solves little. An idea that interests me is a Phage + Kindlegem item for bruisers like Jarvan (idea is 5lackers, just so you know).

Venowolf

09-28-2014

I agree completely too. They've changed SOTAG so much it's not even funny and removing the tenacity was just stupid. As of now there are only two tenacity items--Zephyr and Merc Treads so what about put the tenacity in items than actually are very few times that build's like Ohmwrecker.

Ohmwrecker need more love is an nice item, I really like the idea to put tenacity in his passive and sligthy increase his price and stats to make more tankiness and add more utility:

+350 health --> +450 health
+50 ability power
NEW: +8 health regen per 5 seconds
NEW: +5% movement speed

total cost inceased to 2500g from 2000.

NEW: Passive: Unique Passive: TENACITY: The duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds, polymorphs, and immobilizes are reduced by 35%.

Active: Unique Active: Prevents the closest enemy tower from attacking for 2.5 seconds (120 second cooldown). This effect cannot be used against the same tower more than once every 7.5 seconds.

Recipe of Ohmwrecker changed to:

Giant Belt(1000g)
Aether Wisp (915g)
Rejuvenation Bead (180g)
+405g

total cost 2500g

So Tenacity and Movement Speed are two stats that make very good sinergy also this item can be build by tanky-supports that not have much access to AP like Taric and Leona. Also help a lot the tanky junglers like Maokai, Nunu, Sejuani, Nunu, Zac, Rammus to make cool play's diving into the tower.

I really want a new Tenacity item specially with the Mov. Spd boost and I see in Ohmwrecker a lot of potential to be a great item.