How can I reduce FPS lag?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jepster7

01-22-2011

About a couple days after the patch involving Renekton I started getting fps lag during every match. During normal gameplay, (laning, jungling, etc) when there are less players on the screen, I am at around10-12 fps,which is playable, but still kind of sucks, especially when using champs that involve a lot of skill. When the team fight part of the match begins then I'm almost completely useless as my fps drops down to 2-4.

Before this lag began, my fps would pleasantly sit within the mid 20's and I was able to play the game without much problem at all. After the lag began, I looked into ways to reduce lag. So far I've tried:
- Uninstalling **** I don't need and defragging my comp
- The Adobe Air thing
- All video settings at their lowest

All these things didn't do anything to help me. So now I ask you, League of Legends Community, what can I do to reduce this lag so I can enjoy this game instead of having to quit!

Here's my system specs:
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001)
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16 GHz
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Ram Amount: 3 GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jepster7

01-22-2011

Come on guys, help me out!

Orbz

01-22-2011

I've been trying to get an answer for this for months. The freaking "wrench men" avoid this topic like the black plague.

crytalis

01-22-2011

I always have less then ten frames a sec ever since i started playing is this a "major" problem?

Strxex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2011

I try to put the resolution to lowest, and it reduced the lag a bit.
Hope this helped.

skDanski

07-05-2011

It seems like you have a graphic cards problem.

1. update your graphic card (if you don't know what it is, intel.com will tell you by going to support and clicking on the automatically detect my drivers)

2. YOUR GRAPHIC SETTINGS! Turn it to PERFORMANCE instead of QUALITY.

3. Game Booster (enough said.)

4. CCleaner ( deletes a lot of junk in yo comp.)

5. Overclocking ( nvm, this is too much just to run LoL with 20 fps.)

6. USE COMMON SENSE! (What do games strive on? What do they need to preform well?)

-------------------------------- Any question, just post below ---------------------------

skDanski

07-05-2011

Turn off programs you don't need (Game booster will do that, but just in case, use Task Manager [CTRL+ALT+DEL])

RAM is a factor of either speed or slowness in a game.

skDanski

07-06-2011

Trolls downvoting.

Charliechuckle

09-27-2011

Quad Q6600 @2.40GHz 2.40GHz...
with 4.00 GB ram
32bit Operating system
Nvidia 9800+ Card

This computer is nearly four years old and is barely keeping up with the graphics requirement. I have everything still set to default and in dominion I started noticing a bit of lag with all the background pictures. Eew...

himself1892

09-27-2011

Well, having an on-board graphics chipset is never ideal when playing any video game more complex then Tetris. I would suggest turning everything as low as it can get, and also try to see if it helps to turn on/off V-sync and fast terrain.

Something else that might help is upgrading to a better graphics card. It will help performance tremendously. Any newer graphics card is better than onboard, and doesn't cost that much.

Here's my thread on the same subject though...http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1290327

Hope I helped!