Intermittent but Repetitive Game Client Crashes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dean Moriarty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2014

Over the past two days the league game client has been crashing intermittently (it doesn't happen every game), but when it does happen it crashes repeatedly (in my last game, I crashed 4 times in a row after a couple minutes).

When I launch the game, I have two icons in my dock from League:

1. League Client (Chat, Friend List, Store, etc.)
  2. Game Client (loading screen, actual game)

The League Client does not crash, only the game client does. This brings me back to the client window which shows me the 'Reconnect' button as there is a game in process.

The Game client crashes in one of three ways:
  1. Complete Freeze (Command-Option-Esc to force quit required)
  2. Clean Crash (Bugsplat pops up)
  3. Ugly crash (the 'ignore, report, reopen' standard Mac dialog appears)

After reconnecting to the game, it usually happens again in a couple minutes.

I am on an iMac12,1 (according to system report), a 21.5" Mid-2011 iMac running OSX 10.9.3:

- 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
- 12 GB RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I have tried restarting (it didn't help), I have recently updated to 4.11 (didn't fix it). I only play ARAM, if that matters, and it generally happens after a while in to the game (at least 10 minutes in). It makes the game unplayable when it happens, but it doesn't happen every game. If more information than this is needed, please tell me what to provide. I cannot play reliably right now, and that is frustrating both for me and the unfortunate souls who are on a team with me. I will try repairing my client tonight (though I have no real hopes of that fixing it).

Dean Moriarty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2014

I just upgraded to 10.9.4, two games no crashes, so it may be 10.9.3 related.

interpol13

1 Week Ago

I too have the same thing happening since the Braum patch. I just played a game with three separate crashes. The game before than, two. Some games its none, others it's ever 4 minutes or so. It makes the game completely unplayable...is there any fix?

Edit: playing on the mac client as well