Leaver Level 1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alleonh

01-22-2011

This past week was just one of those weeks. I *had* to leave a few times, my internet cut out a time or two, etc etc. Nothing intentional, just one of those weeks I guess.

I've been a diligent player, I keep my nose clean and more or less just enjoy the game.

Anyways, this morning I awoke to an e-mail and logged in to a warning that I am now a level 1 leaver (or something like that). I hate to have a black mark against my account after this long. I was just wondering what must occur to achieve this, and what other levels there are/ penalties for leaving. Will I always have that distinction? Or will it go away after a while of not abandoning games? I looked around but couldn't find a guide or list.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. This is my first romp into the forums

TheZeusJuice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-22-2011

If you want to constantly leave while playing video games go play Runescape.

Alleonh

01-22-2011

Did you even read my post? I'm not some noob, thanks, I know proper game etiquette.

Thanks for the totally unhelpful reply. This is why I stay away from forums, especially if that caliber of help makes you a "Senior Member".

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

The leaver level reduces as you play games without leaving. If you continue to leave, you'll be bumped up to another level and get a temp ban, and the more you leave the longer the ban. But as mentioned, if you continue to play without leaving the leaver level will degrade eventually.

@TheZeusJuice: That's mean, I like RuneScape =-P

Edit: also the 'levels' are denoted by post count, not by post caliber.

Alleonh

01-22-2011

@Eambo: Thank you. That was exactly the information I was looking for. I'll try to avoid leaving much harder in the future

ah, then the phrase "quantity over quality" definitely fits.

Thank you for the help.

PvPNetSucks

01-22-2011

I don't get it. I left once on purpose, the 2nd time because of a game crash and I couldn't get in, and I was auto-banned for 1 day.

How can people leave multiple times with no harm to their account?

This "leave" system is completely broken and seems to attempt to make up for a glaring flaw in the game.

Eambo

01-22-2011

PvPNet, I'm not sure I understand your question. "How can people leave multiple times with no harm to their account?"

The answer is they can't. I believe the leaverbuster system works on %'s, so if you've played 1,000 games you'll be able to leave more games than someone who's played 100 games - this makes sense because 1 in 1,000 leaves is not the same as 1 in 100 leaves.

But also the system works on a period-based count. If you leave once, then the next leave you get is in two months, then again in three months, this won't do any harm. However if you leave three times in space of a week, the system begins to mark you as a leaver.

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvPNetSucks View Post
I don't get it. I left once on purpose, the 2nd time because of a game crash and I couldn't get in, and I was auto-banned for 1 day.

How can people leave multiple times with no harm to their account?

This "leave" system is completely broken and seems to attempt to make up for a glaring flaw in the game.
Also depending on when people started playing the game, the Leaver Buster may not have been launched, so those accounts were given more lenient rules. However, now that the Leaver Buster has been launched, every account is now liable to the punishments whether you're a new player or old player.

TheFoundry

05-02-2011

Personally I think this should only be implemented in ranked games. For those of us who have lives ie: a family, demanding job, or other real life obligations we need to be able to leave a non ranked game with out consequence. I understand this sucks but is it fair to us to put our real life relationships in danger over something as silly as a video game? People have taken the whole gaming thing too far.

RenoFox

05-02-2011

If you want to be able to leave games go play custom games, there's no punishments leaving those besides pissing off up to 9 other people.