Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The game keeps crashing while im in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeerLord Lorthos

07-05-2014

I played a game of TT just a moment ago and I D/C over 10 times. I love League but this is making it unplayable for me.

RIOT PLEASE FIX THE MAC CLIENT. EVERYTHING IS SCREWED UP SINCE THE LAST PATCH.

Oburo Masaki

07-06-2014

bump

Magiclad

07-06-2014

This happens every time a new patch comes out for about two weeks. I understand that the majority of the playerbase is on windows machines, but at the same time there are expectations of quality. I'm sure RIOT wants us to have the same experience as the windows players, but there needs to be a response to this, since this has happened to me multiple times every time a new patch comes out. I also get constant maestro errors at the same time.

Oburo Masaki

07-07-2014

Ok this actually worked for me, its worth a try at least

Quote:
Changing to a public Domain Name system
League of Legends launcher uses server aliases that have problems connecting to some Internet Service Providers default Domain Name System resolver. If your launcher never seems to start downloading a patch, you may want to change to public DNS servers in your network settings. Most often, this only applies to players outside of the US.

NOTE: Changing these settings can cause problems with your internet connection if you have specified network configurations for another purpose. Be prepared to revert to your old settings and save any information you are about to change.

Changing to Public DNS
Open System Preferences
Open the Network preference pane
Select the active connection on the left, and click the "Advanced..." button in the lower right hand corner
Click "DNS" from the selection bar.
Remove any current DNS entries, and input the following public DNS servers:
Save your changes by selecting “OK”
Apply the changes by clicking "Apply" in the lower right hand corner

bolo san

07-07-2014

EVERYONE! I FOUND A FIX.

i got desperate and reinstalled my league, and tried this fix for the second time, since the guy who posted it was kind of enough to respond to my post.

i've now played 5+ games with no crash

everyone go honor Drek Santovenia for the tip!

"Try changing your network settings DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

this fixed the crashing problem for me.

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co....php?t=1620118 "

bolo san

07-07-2014

also i want to add this.

where the game would normally freeze, it now skips. like the fps goes to 0 for a split second. but its a major improvement! the game is actually playable!

bolo san

07-07-2014

do exactly as oburo senpai says to do above

rafix899

07-15-2014

The game crashes for me tooo..... and for crashing i have got banned 2 times...

BlckInfi

Recruiter

07-16-2014

try the fix posted above.

also try switching stable fps in game to 30. I heard this fix a while ago and it helped. I haven't tried to play multiple games in a row because for some reason I get extremely high ping on the 2nd or 3rd game in a row, Roughly 500 and it doesn't go down.

Hopefully they will actually try and do something about the client cause its complete **** compared to windows.

TheHobbes

07-17-2014

Just tried to play against the doom bots, not sure if it's just that game mode or a recurring problem, because I haven't crashed in other game modes. But I was crashing every 1-2 minutes, so I just gave up. Sure would be nice if we could get some attention.

Edit: Just tried (stress on tried) to play an ARAM to make sure. The disconnects are happening everywhere for me too, not just a doom bot problem. I wish Riot would put some more care into not breaking the mac client every single patch.

Edit 2: Ran the repair tool for my client and that seems to have made it worse. Now I can't even keep the client open without it crashing. It tells me that it failed to connect to the maestro or something of that extent. Thinking of reinstalling the client, but I really don't want to do that.