Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask the Rogue Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

freAK47

07-15-2014

((****. Forgot I had posted here, my bad. I had been meaning to get to this. >.< ))

Kor bowed, a permenant slight smirk on his face, as if he felt this or something else was a waste of his time or a joke. He took the seat proferred him and began immeadiately. "I have convinced my superior that we may need your help. An experiment of ours escaped League confinement about 3 years ago. It was being studied for its unique style of magic: the ability to reorganize matter around it to create soldiers. Specifically, minions. What those who held him did not understand was just how strong and diverse his magic had become. He seemed to have...'infected' a;; of the minions of the nearby facility. They burst from the storage facility and cut down any that tried to stop them. They met up with the Experiment and disappeared."

He shook his head. "I don't know how, but they have eluded us for the last 2 years and, but we have finally found them. But our numbers are a bit thinned. I have been asked to give you this information, that you may research this in your own time if you wished." He handed Ryze a scroll. "This, is the information on their position. But there is something else you must know: He's evolving. When we first found him, his limits were rudimentary temporary shields and the ability to create a few minions for a few minutes. But now, he can create anything out of energy with little drain of power to himself. We believe there to be others like him now, minnions so twisted with magic as to appear human by him. No less then 100 of them."

AskTheSteamGolem

07-15-2014

((Dude, don't you know? Kuronan is the new Viktor, and Ryze is available now. DUH!))

AsktheThornmage

07-16-2014

Quote:
freAK47:
((****. Forgot I had posted here, my bad. I had been meaning to get to this. >.< ))

Kor bowed, a permenant slight smirk on his face, as if he felt this or something else was a waste of his time or a joke. He took the seat proferred him and began immeadiately. "I have convinced my superior that we may need your help. An experiment of ours escaped League confinement about 3 years ago. It was being studied for its unique style of magic: the ability to reorganize matter around it to create soldiers. Specifically, minions. What those who held him did not understand was just how strong and diverse his magic had become. He seemed to have...'infected' a;; of the minions of the nearby facility. They burst from the storage facility and cut down any that tried to stop them. They met up with the Experiment and disappeared."

He shook his head. "I don't know how, but they have eluded us for the last 2 years and, but we have finally found them. But our numbers are a bit thinned. I have been asked to give you this information, that you may research this in your own time if you wished." He handed Ryze a scroll. "This, is the information on their position. But there is something else you must know: He's evolving. When we first found him, his limits were rudimentary temporary shields and the ability to create a few minions for a few minutes. But now, he can create anything out of energy with little drain of power to himself. We believe there to be others like him now, minnions so twisted with magic as to appear human by him. No less then 100 of them."

Ryze's featureless glowing eyes blinked infrequently as he listened to the mage speak of some magical experiment gone awry, the very news of which caused him toe release an exasperated sigh. Leave it to these amateurs to risk endangering Runeterra for the sake of slaking their inane curiosity. He didn't say anything, however, and remained silent if only for the sake of otherwise reassuring Kor that he wasn't angry and wouldn't hold this apparent crisis against him. Eventually the mage offered him a scroll, supposedly containing information on the creature and its assumed capabilities, which prompted him to arch a curious eyebrow.

"Research? Is that all? I'd understand if you wanted me to help you subdue or otherwise destroy this creature and all that it's created, but do you really doubt my own arcane knowledge and expertise?"

The tattoos scribe throughout his body, those that were visible at any rate, flashed brightly for a brief moment as if to act as a testament to his years of seeking the arcane.

"Just point me in the right direction and I'll see what I can do."
Quote:
AskTheSteamGolem:
((Dude, don't you know? Kuronan is the new Viktor, and Ryze is available now. DUH!))

{{ Not anymore. }}

freAK47

07-17-2014

Kor smiled once more, setting the scroll on the table. "If you were not a champion, I would demand you assist us in protecting Valoran. But as you are a Champion, your time is highly limited and valuable. I thank you for considering it." He stood and moved towards the door, but paused at the doorway. "And Thorn Mage...If you do find him, I would be in your debt if you made him burn. Made him suffer for what he did to my brother." With that, he left and closed the door behind him.

AsktheThornmage

07-17-2014

Quote:
freAK47:
Kor smiled once more, setting the scroll on the table. "If you were not a champion, I would demand you assist us in protecting Valoran. But as you are a Champion, your time is highly limited and valuable. I thank you for considering it." He stood and moved towards the door, but paused at the doorway. "And Thorn Mage...If you do find him, I would be in your debt if you made him burn. Made him suffer for what he did to my brother." With that, he left and closed the door behind him.

Ryze watched the younger mage set the scroll on the table and listened to his words. The gratitude wasn't necessary, this was something that the Rogue Mage believed in. To keep magic from further destroying Runeter, to help ensure that peace and prosperity was upheld. As a Champion of the League he was familiar with the notion of killing others, even if they were able warriors not unlike himself, and one of the things he had learned from his time with Lilith was that sometimes it was necessary to resort to extreme measures to see your convictions asserted.

He then watched as Kor took his leave, watching the still and silent door for a few moments afterward before turning his attention to the scroll on his table. With a rather unflattering scowl, he proceeded to pick it up and unravel it to read its contents.

{{ If you wanna add/message me on Skype feel free to. You'll know me when you see the avatar of Ryze - Script Lord }}

freAK47

07-17-2014

((Alright. I will in about 6 hours. atm I am at work and on break))

The scroll would give a list of information but be summarized in the first top part of the scroll:
Unussual magical activity from the Experiment has been identified and located in a specific section of the Shurima Desert. All records claim that nothing is there: blank sand dunes for miles. But the data suggests it is there. Some claim it may be over the area. It is the author's opinion that it is below ground, despite the fact that all magical ways of scrying the area show nothing. Sand for thousands of feet beneath the area.

The area mentioned was only 125 miles Southeast of the main pass past the barrier.

AsktheThornmage

07-17-2014

Quote:
freAK47:
((Alright. I will in about 6 hours. atm I am at work and on break))

The scroll would give a list of information but be summarized in the first top part of the scroll:
Unussual magical activity from the Experiment has been identified and located in a specific section of the Shurima Desert. All records claim that nothing is there: blank sand dunes for miles. But the data suggests it is there. Some claim it may be over the area. It is the author's opinion that it is below ground, despite the fact that all magical ways of scrying the area show nothing. Sand for thousands of feet beneath the area.

The area mentioned was only 125 miles Southeast of the main pass past the barrier.

Ryze crinkled his nose as he grimaced while progressing through the information contained in the scroll. It appeared that the Experiment was in the Shurima Desert but no amount of scrying has managed to pinpoint its location. Of course this would be the case, as conventional mages were only so familiar with the arcane. Fortunately, he wasn't a conventional mage. He was a Thorn Mage, one who acted as a conduit for pure arcane power through the sigils scribed throughout his flesh. As such, he knew he could find it where the others had failed. Because he was innately attuned to the arcane, a pseudo-battery for the energies of magic.

{{ I guess I'm just relying on you to direct me for this thing, eh? }}

freAK47

07-17-2014

((I'm just going to assume he plans on going soon, so will post what he will find. If theres a problem, i will edit))

When Ryze would travel to that spot located by the scroll, he would understand the authors confusion: there was NOTHING. Absolutely nothing for miles in every direction but sand. Only two twin solitary boulders in the sand, each 10 feet wide, 10 feet tall, and 10 feet long. If he tryed scrying through the area, basic scans would reveal sand and sand and more sand, beneath and around him. With more pressing, he would find that a large space beneath the ground, about 3000 feet down, was redirecting the scrying attempts around it. The area was disc shaped, a mile in diameter and about 800 feet tall in the middle.

With more effort he would find that his shape revealed as nothing. It had levels upon levels of wards and protections on top of eachother. It was not impossible to destroy the wards, but it might disable or damage surrounding magics.

AskBloodHunter

07-17-2014

((Freak, read my thread if you did, also the fight sorry, and the Ahri thing? Well I'm just that good. *combs fur* Shapow!))

freAK47

07-18-2014

((bump))