Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Raping face with Karthus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pagan Warlord

11-12-2010

Ok, generally speaking I dont post.
But considering I play Karthus, with a great deal of success I thought i should chime in.

I build Karth's runes as follows
Red = Magic Pen
Yellow = AP per level
Blue = AP
Quints = AP

I end up with the following:
24 AP
8.5 MP
17 AP at level 18

My masteries are 9/0/21 - of course

My item build is the following.
Teleport and clarity
Teleport allows me to move about the map and wipe out large minions waves mid to late game in unoccupied lanes. This is great money and doesnt take long.

I start with basic boots. 2hpot and 1mpots
Then I get the Tear of the Goddess, often I get Mejais before I complete the boots. (Sometimes, if im obviously out classing people or my team is pushing hard with success I get Mejais before I get the tear.
Then I complete my sorc boots
Then I start working on my Zhonya's - get it early its worth it.
After that It is best to complete your Archangels Staff
Then a Rylais Crystal Scepter
I usually go with the void staff at this point. However if the game runs long or I am over 15 kills I change to another Zhonyas
At this point I generally have 20 stacks on my Mejais and push my AP to about 930

Clearly at this point I am a walking Nuclear Bomb and can nuke for mad damage with my lay waste, not to mention of course over 1k nukes with Requiem. I tend to use requiem about halfway through a team fight. This ensures the enemy team is already committed and wont be able to run away once the animation starts.

I always level my lay waste up to 5 ASAP, this is the killing weapon for Karthus. Its ability to constantly be on the ground makes it very hard to lane mid against him unless your enemy is good at the duck and weave game.

Here is my skills leveling choices.
1 Laywaste
2 Defile
3 Wall of pain
4 Lay waste
5 lay waste
6 requiem

Then max Lay waste ASAP
Next max Wall of pain, the resistance debuff and the 80% reduction in speed will both save you and kill the enemy.
Then max your Ultimate and finally as you go up get your defile maxed (you dont want to be in melee range anyway till your Zhonya's is done).Defile is used for a second or two against minion waves then Lay waste them and get yer mana back.

I have huge success with this itemization and build, you can easily get 20 plus kills and 20 assists and you AP will top out around 1k.

Kraftword1

12-07-2010

I like an Archangels in the begining to stack, besides much mana to play with. and i prefer Thornmail (spelling?) instead of sunfire . good biild btw

Kraftword1

12-07-2010

cooldown reduction glyphs ftw!!

blazuh

12-07-2010

Cool your karthus. I'll play sivir. Thanks for the free mana.

Crazyflames

12-07-2010

Quote:
FiRe:
Skill Build 2
1.Lay waste
2.Defile
3.Lay waste
4.Defile
5.Lay waste
6.Requiem
7.Lay waste
8.Defile
9.Lay waste
10.Wall of pain
11.Requiem
12.Wall of pain
13.Defile
14.Defile
15.Wall of pain
16.Requiem
17.Wall of pain
18.Wall of pain

Primary item build: Then I get the items in this order: Sorceress Shoes, Tear of the goddess, Rod of ages, archangel's staff, zohnya's ring.
A more well rounded item build with lots of spell power and more survivibility than my previous build.[U][I]

You can also get frozen heart, for a big chunk of armor, reduced cooldown on your ultimate, and slowing attackers speed. But if survivability is not an issue, you can skip these two items.

This is the build I usualy use but if the game drags on long enough my build ends up with RoA first, archangles, boots, frozen heart, litches bane, void staff/mejai's if your getting fed, this gives decent survivability and nice damage. I like to start out with saph crystal because it builds into so many things and your Q is such a long range you shouldn't be taking too many chances (and therefore need the health from dorans items especialy with hp quints) and its somewhat easy to farm creeps with it.

Merana

12-08-2010

Quote:
blazuh:
Cool your karthus. I'll play sivir. Thanks for the free mana.

Impressive that your spell shield has a 1 second cooldown like lay waste

eZrashin

12-08-2010

Raping face?

You just get level 6 and win. I've seen complete amateurs Get 14-2 with him. No guide needed.

senteriono

12-28-2010

good guide i may have too try sunfire

BlackValkyrie

01-04-2011

Quote:
Foreshadowed:
Terrible guide...Sunfire Cape? Really??....

The sunfire cape makes perfect sense with his AoE and his passive, besides the fact that if there are 3 dps champs on ANYONE that person should at least get some resistance/tanky items.

I play Anivia over 800 times, and I can tell you...the build is not straight AP every single time. I have actually gotten a sunfire cape too on her.

Great guide mate, I like how you give your own opinion and then back it up with reasonable info to support it.

BlackValkyrie

01-04-2011

Quote:
eZrashin:
Raping face?

You just get level 6 and win. I've seen complete amateurs Get 14-2 with him. No guide needed.

Lies. Only amateurs against amateurs can say that. The moment you find even a decent team they won't let Karthus do anything but ult.