[Guide] Raping face with Karthus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Handbananna

11-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Not an expert on Karthus, just dropping by to say that I'm not sure about the "raping face" choice of word. Although the community is fairly mature, no offense meant, but it still is a bit offensive, don't you think?

My two cents only,

A.
imo the only thing people should be getting in trouble for are anti-semetic remarks, although when I did have someone who was losing throwing slurs at me I had trouble staying in my chair I was laughing so hard.

People who get pissed off about any computer game make me laugh, and this is coming from someone who's played computer games for a long time.

I AM KYLE

04-30-2010

Not an expert on anything, just dropping by to say I think catering to the small subset of politically correct "mature" people playing this game will alienate basically everyone else, and is probably a bad idea.

I love to rape face with karthus.

xahhfink6

04-30-2010

...wait, clairvoyance SMITE? and 21/0/9...

Also, learn to voidstaff, baddie

WWRaptorJesusDo

05-31-2010

k sorry im sure this works for your karthas but no sir. imo heres the build u should go:

sum spells: teleport/clarity (u should be soloing mid)

1. Tome and health potion
2. soulstealer
3. spell vamp
4. rylais (aura and lay waste slow and u get additional slow for wall)
5. roa
6. Zhyones (if u want u can replace spell vamp with another zhyones or archmages late game)

the reason i stress soulstealer early is if you solo mid and you arent playing with total noobs, there is no reason whatsoever u shouldnt be gettin kills/assists every time your ult is up. nor should you be dying aside from ganks because you are not an initiator, and even if you do die, if you've been playing smart, you should still be able to grab a kill or two from your ult from the grave. i can usually kill 2 or 3 every time they have to come gank me, which will idealy lead to more noob opponents not wanting to risk it and just letting you farm. this is just one idea but it works for me and i can get my ult at lvl 16 doin around 1100 dmg. this is huge in any teamfight lategame as u can reduce their carries and casters to under half life in a single blow. if your team cant mop up after then its their loss. i also get a lot of guff for the spell vamp, simply put, its saved my ass many times over, and the early ap and life are nice. sure its only 5% for aoe spells but you're crankin out the damage with lay waste and defile so why not. and to comment on summoner spells, teleport is always great, lets you get around without havin to walk all over the place, while clarity lets you keep your mana high without having to spec for mana, this allows you to spam a ton early and keep your defile on longer. gettin low on mana? clarity and they are fubar. not to mention it sucks to have someone get away with a sliver of life only to be oom for requim. other than that though your skill build and whatnot is solid. i recomend standard 9/0/21 build and if you're soloing mid get the exp boost in utility. its not a ton, but it can be that lil extra that makes you lvl 6 while your opponent is lvl 5. talk about a game changer. oh and btw, if their team has a karthas, nothing will make him rage like him about to ult u while you're on a spree and u use ring. he burns his ult and u are safe and sound in a golden bubble of invulnerability. its just plain ol funny. also i havent tried this but i would like to see if u can begin channeling your ult and use ring if it will still fire. doubtfull but if anyone has tried let me know

SIDE NOTE: USE YOUR ULT TO HELP YOUR TEAMMATES TOO, IF YOU ALWAYS TRY TO JUST GET KILLS WITH IT YOU WILL MAKE YOUR TEAM RAGE AND YOU'RE DEPRIVING THEM OF LARGE AMOUNTS OF GOLD. SO DONT BE A ****, HELP YOUR TEAM OUT AND DROP THAT SKY NUKE!!!!!

D2Freak

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRaptorJesusDo View Post
k sorry im sure this works for your karthas but no sir. imo heres the build u should go:

sum spells: teleport/clarity (u should be soloing mid)

1. Tome and health potion
2. soulstealer
3. spell vamp
4. rylais (aura and lay waste slow and u get additional slow for wall)
5. roa
6. Zhyones (if u want u can replace spell vamp with another zhyones or archmages late game)

the reason i stress soulstealer early is if you solo mid and you arent playing with total noobs, there is no reason whatsoever u shouldnt be gettin kills/assists every time your ult is up. nor should you be dying aside from ganks because you are not an initiator, and even if you do die, if you've been playing smart, you should still be able to grab a kill or two from your ult from the grave. i can usually kill 2 or 3 every time they have to come gank me, which will idealy lead to more noob opponents not wanting to risk it and just letting you farm. this is just one idea but it works for me and i can get my ult at lvl 16 doin around 1100 dmg. this is huge in any teamfight lategame as u can reduce their carries and casters to under half life in a single blow. if your team cant mop up after then its their loss. i also get a lot of guff for the spell vamp, simply put, its saved my ass many times over, and the early ap and life are nice. sure its only 5% for aoe spells but you're crankin out the damage with lay waste and defile so why not. and to comment on summoner spells, teleport is always great, lets you get around without havin to walk all over the place, while clarity lets you keep your mana high without having to spec for mana, this allows you to spam a ton early and keep your defile on longer. gettin low on mana? clarity and they are fubar. not to mention it sucks to have someone get away with a sliver of life only to be oom for requim. other than that though your skill build and whatnot is solid. i recomend standard 9/0/21 build and if you're soloing mid get the exp boost in utility. its not a ton, but it can be that lil extra that makes you lvl 6 while your opponent is lvl 5. talk about a game changer. oh and btw, if their team has a karthas, nothing will make him rage like him about to ult u while you're on a spree and u use ring. he burns his ult and u are safe and sound in a golden bubble of invulnerability. its just plain ol funny. also i havent tried this but i would like to see if u can begin channeling your ult and use ring if it will still fire. doubtfull but if anyone has tried let me know

SIDE NOTE: USE YOUR ULT TO HELP YOUR TEAMMATES TOO, IF YOU ALWAYS TRY TO JUST GET KILLS WITH IT YOU WILL MAKE YOUR TEAM RAGE AND YOU'RE DEPRIVING THEM OF LARGE AMOUNTS OF GOLD. SO DONT BE A ****, HELP YOUR TEAM OUT AND DROP THAT SKY NUKE!!!!!
PLS PLS PLS show me how u get 1100 damage. It's hard enough getting it over a 1000.

I tried spell vamp on karthus, doesnt work at all. The health regen is really really low.

Then getting roa as a fifht item? U know it takes 15 minutes for roa to be at full strength right? So it's a good thing to get ROA asap. Getting catalyst soon will help u stay in lane to, so that works out fine.
As u grow in games and u get experienced opponents, it's harder to kill with ur ult. Smart enemies that know karthus is around will heal in base before u can ult them. SS is a really crappy item for 1200-ish gold if u only get 20 AP.

Karthus without a tear or gollem buff is quite useless. Even with clarity, late game it won't help. Normally i cast my ult right before or @ the start of a teamfight. It consumes a lot of mana. If i don't have gollem, or tear, i have just seriously crippled myself this teamfight.

So get roa way earlier, and GET BOOTS! Only get SS if u get some early kills.

WWRaptorJesusDo

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2Freak View Post
PLS PLS PLS show me how u get 1100 damage. It's hard enough getting it over a 1000.

I tried spell vamp on karthus, doesnt work at all. The health regen is really really low.

Then getting roa as a fifht item? U know it takes 15 minutes for roa to be at full strength right? So it's a good thing to get ROA asap. Getting catalyst soon will help u stay in lane to, so that works out fine.
As u grow in games and u get experienced opponents, it's harder to kill with ur ult. Smart enemies that know karthus is around will heal in base before u can ult them. SS is a really crappy item for 1200-ish gold if u only get 20 AP.

Karthus without a tear or gollem buff is quite useless. Even with clarity, late game it won't help. Normally i cast my ult right before or @ the start of a teamfight. It consumes a lot of mana. If i don't have gollem, or tear, i have just seriously crippled myself this teamfight.

So get roa way earlier, and GET BOOTS! Only get SS if u get some early kills.
ROFL, you sir are an idiot, 15 minutes is no time and if you're playing right u should have it at around 15 minutes or 20 minutes in along with the other stuff i said. As YOU grow you'll learn that good games arent over in 25 minutes. And as far as people "knowing" karthas is in game, again if you arent playing with noobs you can still easilly gank with his ult. And i didnt add boots in the items because they are assumed, just because its 6 items that i suggested doesnt mean that you need to get all six. thats why they're suggestions. and soulstealer gives you 160 ap alone when you have it maxed, only if you are a noob will you have no charges on it shortly after you get it. like i said its easy to drop your nuke in a team fight maybe get a kill and 4 assists, thats 6 charges right there. well worth 1200 gold at that point for the 48 ap. and thats not even half maxed. Also golem buff is free and doesnt take up an item slot, hence why i didnt mention it. i didnt write a guide i wrote an item build. and as far as the health regen being low, like i said it works for me and has saved my ass many times over. and besides its dirt cheap and you replace it later, but early when you need that lil extra health it comes in handy. and btw if you rush ROA that early you have next to no AP because you again have to wait for it to get stronger. lets say our karthas' fought at lvl 8, i have soulstealer and prolly another tome for spell vamp, you have your lil catalyst, im doing prolly double even triple your spell damage even that early. scale it to lvl 11 or 16, with roa and your build you get what maybe 300 ap? by sixteen im staring at around 600+, and its not even that late yet. with zhyones on top of that and ROA starting to lvl i can finish with even more. when you are karthas dmg is the name of the game, and my build does A LOT more.

Jerjare

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilrex View Post
can someone explain me more how to use his lay waste good ? i see you can adjust his point of attack but how do you use it in a fight ?
It has a short delay- if an enemy hero is moving you'll have to lead your target (generally about 1 hero length ahead unless they are moving really fast).

Here's how I use it, along with the other abilities-

Lay Waste will be your farming spell, spam it and it is easy to get last hits on clumps of minions. The range is quite good and enemies have very little notice when you cast it. Because of the range and delay, you can cast it near a tower hugging champion and move out of tower range so if the enemy gets hit the tower won't shoot you. Remember it does 2x damage if it only hits one target. If there are a group of guys but maybe you want to try to finish off one, you can try and target it so the aoe effect is only hitting the guy you want, that way its doing more damage to one guy. The mana cost is low and it has a longer range than heimers turrets making them easy to kill. Once you start getting lots of AP later in the game this can do a decent chunk of damage to a single target.

Wall of Pain I usually get at lvl 3 or 4 then leave it alone till last. At rank 1 its decent for its slow and you can use it to block off an enemies escape. If you and minions are attacking a tower, place a wall a bit behind the tower to delay the next enemy minion wave. You can also place it directly on top of enemy minions/champions to get the effect immediately. You will find some enemy champs will try to go around the wall to avoid the effect, which is funny because this actually tends to take longer than just dealing with the slow, either way win-win. Be careful as it costs a bit of mana, so you need to be smart with placement.

Defile is your first and foremost spell in my opinion. Get it first- if you are mid you'll get up to level 2 and can start spamming Lay Waste soon enough, but it is CRUCIAL to have this at the highest rank possible. The reason is primarily the passive, which when combined with Lay Waste spam will keep you in a lane farming for a long time. By having Defile a higher rank than Lay Waste, you ensure that last hitting a minion with Lay Waste will return MORE mana than the Lay Waste cost to cast. If you are smart with spamming Lay Waste, you shouldn't see your mana bar go down significantly. The active is good but like Wall of Pain you have to be smart about using it otherwise you'll drain your mana unecessarily. The best use of the active is to knock out an entire minion wave which gives your friendly minions a lot of inertia- if your lane opponent is AWOL this works well. Its most effective the more enemies are in range. Remember that while you can cast it when Death Defied, if it was 'active' when you died, it stops casting. If you were trying to burn someone down with it and die, immediately press 'E' once more to re-activate it to make the most out of whatever mana you have left.

Requiem is my favorite spell. Not only useful as a finisher, you can use it when starting teamfights particularly if you have a leg up money/level wise on the opponents. If you are low on health and an enemy is nearby, hold off casting it until you get to a safe distance or die. The reason is because if you are channeling and get interrupted, you blow the mana and the cooldown for squat. If you cast it while Death Defied, there is NOTHING your opponents can do to interrupt the cast. In addition, many players forget Karthus can keep casting spells, so they may forget to heal or port after they kill you. Speaking of porting, another good way to bump off players is to cast it if you see them porting back to their base. Often players will wait till they are critically low on HP to leave. This is win-win; you either kill them or the damage from Requiem interrupts the porting and if a friendly player is nearby they are easy pickings. Even if they warp back before Requiem goes off, it can often kill them on the fountain before the regen kicks in. Very fun (and obnoxious) to do to people.

WepDTST49GG8mpyh

07-24-2010

Here is what I recommend:
Skill Set: Lay W / Wall / Lay W. / Def / Lay W / Req / Lay W/ Wall ... etc.

Starting Items: M.Sapphire, H.Pot, M.Pot
Order is indicated by numbers
Item 1: Tear(1) -> Archangel Staff (6)
Item 2: Boots(2) -> Spell Pen Boots(4 or 5) -> Archangel Staff #3 (10, Sell Boots)
Item 3: Glacial Shroud(3) -> Frozen Heart(4 or 5)
Item 4: Zhonya Ring (7)
Item 5: Void Staff (8)
Item 6: ArchAngel Staff #2 (9)

Summoner Spells: Flash & Exhaust
Masteries: 9/0/21
Offense: Cripple(1), Archmage Savvy(3), Sorcery(4), Archaic Knowledge(1)
Defense: NONE
Utility Setup 1: Goodhands(2)/Perseverence(3)/Expanded Mind(4)/Greed(1)/Meditation(3)/Blink of Eye(1)/Quickness(3)/Intelligence(3)/Presence of Master(1)
Utility Setup 2: Goodhands(3)/Perseverence(3)/Expanded Mind(4)/Meditation(3)/Blink of Eye(1)/Quickness(3)/Intelligence(3)/Presence of Master(1)

Runes: Spell Penetration (Reds), Dodge (Yellows), Magic Resists (Blues), Move Speed (Purples)
To be honest, you can probably select better runes than I can. I don't have much IP to experiment here.

The trick to this whole build is behind the Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart. Stacked with the Offense/Utility Cooldowns you will have 34% cooldown reduction (Maybe 40% if you pick runes to give 6%. The game has a hardcap of 40%). This will allow you to throw down the Wall a lot more often in dragged out fights, as well as spamming Lay Waste a lot faster (which in turn increases DPS). The Frozen Heart also helps in group fights by lower the attack speed of the opponent and by making you have +99 more armor, making it difficult for enemies to kill you with physical attacks. However, Karthus's weakness is enemy magic, which is why I recommend having Magic Resist runes so you don't instantly vaporize to magic attackers (Veigar/Kassadin/Ezrael are the 3 who will cause you problems)

Keep in mind Move speed is critical for Karthus early on (when he is alone in a lane), as it will allow him to escape ganks early on when hes fragile, as well as allow him to gain some ground so he can place a lay waste or wall in the opponents retreating path.

Rod of Ages is a terrible item to get for a Karthus. Never EVER get it.

Reinsokken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2010

OMFG abyssal scepter is the worst FREAKEN item on him. are you serious!?!?!!
When you arent near them your ult wont benefit from the 20 magic reduction and when you are dead you dont produce buffs or debuffs. so you shooting off more lay wastes when you are dead is again not getting your 20 magic resist pen. IDIOTS!

SharpCheddarChee

09-30-2010

Yea...I don't know why you have sunfire...thats not very smart. I've ended games with Karthus, with well over 30 kills. Best way to go is 4 archangel staffs...boots of some kind...and zhonyas. You'll have over 1k AP...and can take out any hero in a matter of seconds using defile and lay waste. Sometime, i throw in a rylais for the slowing effect, but usually not. With this build, your ult does over 1000 damage.