[Guide] Raping face with Karthus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FiRe2

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythion View Post
tear first
max defile before wall 2?
I max wall because I find that having more -MR and making the targets slower makes it easier for my team to completely dominate team fights. If 1 wall hits 3 heroes, chances are, all 3 of those heroes will be dead, if your team is intelligent. I never really use defile early because im generally casting wall and spamming lay waste and making sure i have left over mana for my ult incase anyone tries to get away.

As for tear first, i don't do that really. I find getting doran's ring + a health pot to start creates a very strong start for you, and getting boots as early as I do makes it easier to chase with lay waste and get kills. But if you're not too good with lay waste, then tear could be a solid first item, but it's not a personal preference.

also, rape may offend some people, it may not, personally, i didnt think it'd be a problem, but I can't edit the topic name, so you'll either have to deal with it, or if it really offends you that badly, you can ask a mod to change it or something, but enough talk about the title, please keep it to strictly feedback and comments. Thanks.

FiRe2

08-22-2009

Changed item build due to using a new one and liking it much more.

Mjollnir

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I can see how people can get offended if they have actually been affected by a rape crime. Still, it's the internet, people will rub salt in your wound if you don't thicken your skin and brush off these things. Just wait until release!

Btw, incoming nerf bat!

I still don't see people getting offended by the term "raping face" in the context of an online PvP game.

Professor Oak

08-24-2009

raping face with karhtus is fine cant beleive people are such pansys these days

FiRe2

08-24-2009

Added a second skillbuild which I found very viable for solo.

edit: added in my old item build as I still see people using it to stomp pubs, and it's still effective. Also added explanation of second skill build, as well as another tip.

Any feedback, suggestions, or comments are still welcome.

HowlingKommando

08-29-2009

Nice guide.

For Summoner spells, I recommend Clairvoyance/Flash + Teleport.

Items
Boots of Swiftness is the ideal boots for him IMO. The extra movement speed helps both offensively and defensively. A crucial aspect is that it helps you run away, whereas the small boost in damage from Sorceror's Shoes isn't that significant.

Next I recommend Rod of Ages for massive Health, Mana, AP, which will increases over time, so might as well get it early.

Next depends on the opponents.
- Melee heavy -> Frozen Heart
- Spell Caster heavy -> Guardian Angel or Banshees

Lastly I recommend more damage with Abyssal Scepter

I agree that survivability is crucial for Karthus late game.

Qadrak

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Not an expert on Karthus, just dropping by to say that I'm not sure about the "raping face" choice of word. Although the community is fairly mature, no offense meant, but it still is a bit offensive, don't you think?
A.
Sorry, but... LOL? We're all gamers here.

Pregnant Rhino

10-20-2009

I've been trying the following build, and it's worked pretty well for me:

Start with Ruby Crystal -> Catalyst
Sorc Boots
Catalyst -> Rod of Ages
Tear
Tear -> Archangel's

And then you have a few choices. Abyssal or Veil if you're worried about casters, Frozen Heart for melee, or Zhonya's if you think your survivability is fine.

Most of the time your survivability will, in fact, be fine, due to the very early Rod of Ages you pick up. I delay Tear in favor of Catalyst because Karthus already has crazy mana regen from Defile. The boost of mana you get each level will be more than enough to keep you going. The added survivability and regening HP each time you level can help you stay in your lane until you're ready to buy the next item.

SG GodFlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-21-2009

Tear is there because though you may have good regen for solely Lay Waste, what about when you're trying to kill with Defile+Lay Waste then ultimately Requiem if they get away?

devilrex

11-23-2009

can someone explain me more how to use his lay waste good ? i see you can adjust his point of attack but how do you use it in a fight ?