Is there a problem with the elo system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StankyKFC

07-28-2011

Being a low elo player i find it impossible to get a good team. But at the same time the enemy team always seems to be way better than our team. Is it just the way i see things or is the system really like that. Also the elo system is setup to where it is like quick sand, you slip in and it gets harder, and harder to get out. Just my thoughts on it...

Tokinatoor

07-29-2011

I kind of agree....

I often dominate my enemy team going like 7/2 or 7/3 while my team sucks a fat one.

Sometimes I do get carried with a 0/1 and the enemy surrendering at 20 minutes.

Low Elo is generally full of feeders, the most you can do is try not to suck....
I like the tanky/dps at this elo because everyone hates playing tanks...

Its truly amazing how little people care if they have a jungler or a tank.
EVERYONE wants to play Kat, or AP teemo champs the team does not need.

Your only one person and you can only do so much....

Try singed....
He has the damage and potential tankage with some cc that can reallly make your oppenents have a bad day.

Everiscale

07-29-2011

To the question of elo having a problem, the answer is Yes, as far as solo Que is concerned.

Elo is meant to be used in a 1v1 game, such as chess. if we play chess, and you win, you have outplayed me, and you deserve to be rated higher than me. In league of legends, this is not the case. you are only one fifth of a random team. Your elo doesnt represent your skill as a player, but how well you and 4 other random people can play as a team.

Now, in 5v5 the elo system works better, not perfect because its still an individual rating based on the teas performance. If you could register a 5 man team and play with only those people, then thats teams rating would be proper.

I'm not saying elo hell doesn't exist, but it only exists to an extent. For 1100-1300 players, 1000-0 is elo hell, but I'm fairly convinced that people of a higher rating could easily escape that low elo.

Carados

07-29-2011

What you're arguing is that the matchmaker is programmed to put bad players on your team and good players on the other team. You, specifically.

Think about that for a second.

Merit133

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-29-2011

If you play enough games, the baddies and not-so-bad balance will even itself out. Over the short term it isn't perfect. The more games you play, the truer your Elo becomes.