Won't install - Pando Issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yudethedude

01-21-2011

So everything seems to work fine, but when it gets to the updating part it just hangs, and then a message pops up saying it can't establish a connection. I have gone to the Pando page and I can connect to their servers via their website. I have also put the PMB.exe exemption into my windows firewall, but with no luck.

Does anyone have an idea of a fix?!

Thanks for the help

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

Hi yude,

- Firstly, make sure you have Internet Explorer 8 Installed
- From within IE8 (no other browser!) try to access THIS LINK

What do you see?

N Korea Pride

01-21-2011

So, I've had this same problem for roughly 2 days now. I've searched these forums for a good couple hours to find ways to fix this, found nothing.

Today i decided to remove some popup program that downloaded itself, used Ccleaner to remove it,notice there was a pando client already downloaded. i removed it and reinstalled Lol and it worked.

Try it.

DotaLoLer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

I have also had this same exact problem for a while now. I have checked both the support sites from Pando and League of Legends support, and I have followed almost every relevant suggeston to try to fix the problem and nothing is working. Also I clicked link that you, Eambo told us to copen using IE8, it opened a mostly blank webpage that in the top left corner of the web page said "worked!".

Eambo

01-21-2011

Thanks for checking that Dota,

So basically you're getting the same thing? Pando is sitting doing nothing, then it pops up that it cannot connect to the server - correct?

If so, please try the following:

- Remove pando media booster from add/remove programs
- Delete the League of Legends downloader
- Redownload the LoL downloader from the site
- Run it as admin if on Windows Vista/Seven, then try again.

yudethedude

01-21-2011

Well I got it to work. Deleted the previous downloads and unistalled everything. I also had webcrawler installed on my browser so I stopped that and now it is downloading. Maybe it's an issue with pop-up, and webpage blocker?

Eambo

01-21-2011

Possibly. Both Pando and LoL run off of Internet Explorer's settings and scripts, so if something is blocked there then it can cause problems :-)

DotaLoLer

01-21-2011

I've added an attached picture so you can see what is happening.

I followed your instructons, redownloaded the downloader, it installed Pando Media Booster fne and then it slowly started to Start Pando Media Bosoter and then stopped right at the end and gave me the message. I also went and clicked your link after the error was given and it says "worked!".

I sent Pando and the League of Legends support page an email and neither of them have responded in the past 16 hours. I am somewhat ruffled that a reply over the forums came so quickly when 16 hours isn't long enough to get support.

I have inclluded a link to the support ticket that I received in the email:
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/tickets/91496

Eambo

01-21-2011

Unfortunately I can't view that ticket, as I'm not a Riot Staff Member. The forums are mainly for Player2Player support, Riot work on the ticket system. As for Pando, they're a different company, so I know nothing of their processes.

Give these steps a try next:

(Note: These need to be done in Internet Explorer, as this is the browser that LoL relies on) - Download Internet Explorer 8 if you don't already have it
- Make sure IE8 isn't set to Work Offline. If it is, uncheck this.
- Within Internet Explorer 8, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings
- Make sure everything is unchecked, apart from possibly "Automatically Detect Settings"
- Failing this, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reset/Restore Defaults
- Failing this, try reinstalling IE8.

DotaLoLer

01-21-2011

would Firefox have anything possibly to do with the failure to download League of Legends? I use that as my default broswer since it is faster(in some ways) than Internet Explorer, but I did use it the first time I ever downloaded League of Legends and it worked back then.

Besides that I followed your instructions. redownload the game or try the downloader again?