Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rewards for ranking up in Divisions beneficial?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeBraum R James

06-25-2014

I feel that it takes way, way, WAY too much time and effort to rank up in Tiers. This is why A LOT of players stop ranking/playing once they hit Silver 5, Gold 5, Platinum 5, or Diamond 5 because there's really no incentive to continue forward (i.g.: you'll see like 80 people in these Divisions). This is actually really detrimental to Riot because it severely cuts the number of hours played -- due to players only playing 1 game to keep them from decaying or just playing a completely different game because it's way too tedious -- which in turn, means Riot loses money.

I feel if Riot could implement a better reward system to help distinguish the different Divisions in each Tier, it will help to promote more game play. I mean to be honest, ranking up in Divisions is no easy task. You have to win 4-5 games STRAIGHT, and then win 2/3 games in promos just to be promoted to the next Division. That's A LOT of work, but if you add incentives in the form of better rewards, people will have more motivation to continue forward.

I think a really good example of a reward would be for Riot to add different border styles to each Division during in-game loading times. For example: Gold 5 would just have a plain gold border, Gold 4 would have a plain gold border and a ribbon, Gold 3 would have a plain Gold border and a crystal, etc., etc.

Just some food for thought.