Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

XP IP Boost Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TorsoReaper

01-21-2011

Can I use both at the same time? Do they count if i do custom games?

My GF is working all weekend so I wanna do an LOL marathon

Stillhart

01-21-2011

Quote:
TorsoReaper:
Can I use both at the same time? Do they count if i do custom games?

My GF is working all weekend so I wanna do an LOL marathon

I have never used an XP boost so I can't tell you whether they work with IP boosts. IP boosts DO work with practice games but since you get -33% IP for doing a practice game, it seems like somewhat of a waste to me.

You may find this guide enlightening:
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gameguide/207-ip-boosts-and-you-updated.xhtml

TorsoReaper

01-21-2011

I was thinking of doing custom vs practice since custom is only -10% and if i'm w/ a friend we can do a custom game in like 11-12 min. I was mostly gonna just do XP boost to get more masteries since i'm only lvl 20. Once i get to 30 i will do IP i guess but if i can do both at the same time i might consider it.

Stillhart

01-21-2011

Quote:
TorsoReaper:
I was thinking of doing custom vs practice since custom is only -10% and if i'm w/ a friend we can do a custom game in like 11-12 min. I was mostly gonna just do XP boost to get more masteries since i'm only lvl 20. Once i get a full rune page i will do IP i guess but if i can do both at the same time i might consider it.

Custom and practice are the same thing. You get ~71 IP for winning a custom game and ~115 IP for winning a real game.

Either way, if you're using a time-based boost (x days) instead of a win-based boost (x wins) you could farm your 6 games and then move on to real games. It's decently time efficient, it's just not IP per game efficient.

Gunflame

01-21-2011

yes you can use both. I do not recommend the per win bonus though.

Also I strongly recommend to buy champion bundles or runes pages bundles with RP instead of expending your RP on IP/exp boosters. If you have already bought a champion bundle or a runepage bundle then go ahead and use them for IP/exp boosts

TorsoReaper

01-21-2011

Quote:
Gunflame:
yes you can use both. I do not recommend the per win bonus though.

Also I strongly recommend to buy champion bundles or runes pages bundles with RP instead of expending your RP on IP/exp boosters. If you have already bought a champion bundle or a runepage bundle then go ahead and use them for IP/exp boosts

I thought the rune page bundles were just blank pages, not actually containing runes. Anything I can get w/ RP i use RP... But since Masteries need XP and Runes need IP and I don't have a lot of free time i thought this would be good.

xpsychedelico

01-21-2011

The rune page bundles indeed do not contain any runes. The main point of buying the rune bundle is because it is way cheaper than purchasing a rune page with IP, and rune pages allow you to customize extensively for your champions if you so prefer. Multiple rune pages do not mean you can't utilize the same few sets of runes a bunch of times, since they tend to be the best for any given situation. E.g. mana regen/level runes on any mana champion. Some champions require a more specific rune page to do better, such as junglers and champions who depend on doing well early game--since that is when runes are at their strongest.

TankOdrum

10-24-2011

Ummm... I have question?
I'm lvl 12 now and had IP boosts for free until lvl 10.
When I played a beginner match, i suddenly see a free Ip boost in my account when I didn't purchase or do anything.
Is it based on lvl, or is it an event?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-24-2011

I wouldn't bother getting xp boosts. Sure you'll hit 30 sooner, but you'll hit 30 eventually anyway, and there's nowhere for you to go from there. If you use them before you hit 10-12, you'll also be losing out on some of the 'low level' IP boost. You also can always find something to do with IP, so if you want to buy a boost, get an IP boost.

Teh N3meSis

01-06-2012

Do exp boosts stack? i wanna get lever 30 fast cant be bothered waiting. ive the 7 day exp boost will it stack will it stack with a exp win bonus?