Frame Rate Issues - help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orbz

01-21-2011

I've been playing League of Legends without any issues up until recently. For some strange reason, about every 5 - 10 minutes I go these HUGE frame rate spikes where it more or less makes LoL unplayable. They last sometimes from a minute to 5+ minutes. Messing around with the in game video settings do not help at all.

Recently, I have been having serious issues with my hard drive (the computer works and starts up, but i am pretty sure i need to swap it out). Could it be they are related? If so, what can I do about it right now to fix it or reduce it. And if they are not related, what else can I try out to reduce these Frame rate spikes?

Also, I have windows 7 installed (the 64 bit version) and I had to download a video driver that wasn't made by Asus because they don't have any drivers that support 64 bit windows - so i downloaded them off of the nvidia website. This might also be the issue, but the spikes only happened recently.

Help on anything I could do or why these spikes are happening would be greatly appreciated!!

Orbz

01-21-2011

Also, the specs for my laptop are much higher than are necessary for LoL to run. I can post the full specs of my laptop if needed

Orbz

01-21-2011

Dodzh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

have you check your internet connection? try doing a ping test and a speed test to see, you may be having packets lost that sometimes creates lag

Orbz

01-21-2011

no it def isn't a ping issue, it is most certainly an FPS issue

Quangsen

01-21-2011

I believe I'm also having a similar problem. After this recent patch, I have been getting random spikes and lags that I never had before the recent patch. I'm using Windows 7 as well

Orbz

01-21-2011

but it isn't lag, it's a frame rate issue. Any help support people on the forums today?

DarknessOfLight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

FYI a frame rate SPIKE is when it goes up, the correct term is a frame rate DROP :P
/MRTECHNICAL

How long has your HDD been acting up? Did it start right before, or a fair bit before your FPS issues?

ebben

01-21-2011

There are several threads about this topic, however --

I'm having the exact same issue. It makes the game unplayable -- I start the game at 60+ fps consistent and at random the frames will drop to 5-6 for a 20-30 second period of time, then the game snaps out of it and goes back to 60+ for a few minutes. The drops happen regardless of activity around my character (I could stand at fountain and eventually the frames will drop).

I was having these issues on Vista and decided it was time to wipe and start fresh. I did, installed Windows 7 64-bit, have only LoL, google chrome, and itunes on the computer and the issues still exist exactly as they did before.

My hardware (I'll include dxdiag file):

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 3.0GHz, 4.0 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT

I've updated every driver, used nvidia display control to set graphics to "performance" rather than quality and I give the lolclient priority in task manager. I've played with every resolution and video setting in the game (vertical sync, terrain etc). The options all do what they're supposed to -- however none of them stop the FPS drops.

It also does not matter whether I play in windowed or normal mode, both modes have the same issue. I've tried playing in windowed with the "resource monitor" up to watch CPU and RAM usage... the computer really never is stressed.

?????????

It's so frustrating, and it makes the game unplayable.

Ebben

Orbz

01-21-2011

Bump