Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A new way to learn the League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaegermeifter

07-06-2014

Quote:
boourns:
Awesome content! Love the concept of a diamond and bronze player talking. He's like your Counselor Troy!

Best thing that will help people learn is to summarize and reinforce at the end. Run through a list of tips on screen as you're doing your closing gameplay reel, put a list of lessons in the video description, etc. One thing we definitely learned in our testing is that just telling someone something once doesn't make it stick. Using speech, action, and text can help people retain things. Ultimately though, doing it yourself works the best. You can also bring back lessons in the future to help people recall things they've learned in the past and reinforce again.

Nitpicky feedback, the color balance/contrast/etc. of the play capture changes. You should try to get that to be consistent. Not sure if it's from different capture sources or a side effect of the overlays you add.

Been watching all your guys videos from the get-go, and i love em. I agree with the Reds post.

Having a Text List pop up at the end, and going over it all like a check list, will be nice. Also having a Diamond vs Bronze play, would be neat. Example: Denying CS. Have the Diamond talk about it, then the Bronze try it (and fail) then the Diamond recaps over the play, talks about what he does wrong, and says "This is how you do it", and then you can figure out the rest.

PS. I know you replied to me on Youtube mentioning this.
But gosh, you gusy need to jump on it and make more vids, i love em. No offense to Riot, but i perfer your videos already more than Teamwork OP. Once you guys start doing videos on, when to and not to engage, how to counter gank, where to setup wards, champion coutner pick/skill picks. Is when this channel will get REALLY good. Im already spreading your channel to my friends, so at LEAST another 30 subs for yall. Hope you guys go big.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-06-2014

Continue on op, I have subbed

The Harlequin

Recruiter

07-06-2014

Quote:
Pushover:
A few nitpicking comments about the content, although these videos are doing a great job:

@EP 1: Riven's level 1 isn't actually worse than J4's, it's just that in a single autoattack trade, J4 is king. If Riven actually goes in on J4, they trade about evenly. J4 can however outpush Riven level 1 because of his passive on minions to hit level 2 first.

@EP 2: Bottom lane actually has a lot of lane freezing, simply because the support when ahead can easily zone. It might not be for 4+ waves like top lane can be, but the effects are huge. Considering you are a Leona main, I'm sure you have frozen the lane outside your turret and just run back and forth in the bushes while your AD keeps the lane frozen.

@EP 3: I would probably have pointed out that when zoning, it's a little dangerous without a ward, as you are farther up than you would be normally farming. By threatening to harass, you are also saying you are willing to fight, making you incredibly easy to bait into a fight when the jungler comes up.

@EP 5: Another way to deny would be to cover the health bar of the minion with your own, it's less effective but safer as your opponent has to click on the minion's HP bar to check it. It occurs on accident in the 'Renekton denies Riven the cannon' segment, although Renekton stuns Riven anyways.

I think an episode about keeping health high would be good, I see a lot of lower level players lose lane either because they don't use health potions to keep themselves able to trade (and get zoned or killed), or don't buy health potions or enough of them in a lane that is going to need them.

As has been mentioned, bullets of text to summarize would improve these vidoes.

These are really helpful videos, it's guides like these that can really make a player better, moreso than how to play X champion. Great job so far.

Thanks for the input! There's always more we can add to each video obviously, so hopefully it comes with time. Nitpicking is ok, it's what makes things perfect(ish).

Just want to point out something tho. 1v1 with no minions, Riven can trade ok at level 1 with jarvan, but if you take jarvan's attack range and passive + Q, there's just not way riven can do anything at level 1 in the lane with the minions. If riven wants to fight, jarvan can just kite and auto, riven takes minion damage. Armor shred makes that even worse.

I also run arm pen reds, arm pen quints, cdr blues and armor yellows. It makes me win like 90% of level 1 trades. It's pretty nasty.

UnrealSkilllz

Recruiter

07-06-2014

Love the videos! Quick and informitive! Have any ideas for what your next video will be about?

arandomyoungling

07-06-2014

Great job guys! These videos are awesome!

Potato Jesus

07-06-2014

I'm quite impressed at the quality and the information you guys are putting out, keep it up! My only feedback though is that the end of the video kinda feels bland, i like that you have a link to the next video, but it would also be great if there was a link to the previous video, for others who happened to click on the 4th or 5th video. That's my 2 cents.

FailBomber

07-06-2014

EP1 you don't give much detalis most of the bronzies don't know when most champs will have their power spike is so you need to put more info on that.
EP2 Well I hope they won't tank too much and have a towerdive
EP3 and EP2 are really informative really good and quick explanation.
EP5 I'm plat I didn't know to deny correctly with hitbox eventough I'm top/adc main. Well I play doge whatever :P Thank you for teaching that

Overall good but you need to make some topics longer that needs more explaining like EP1.
The topics are informative and good, the script is nice and funny diamond messing with bronze stuff .
I like it maybe in future you can do advance topics too Like map awareness

The Harlequin

Recruiter

07-06-2014

Quote:
Potato Jesus:
I'm quite impressed at the quality and the information you guys are putting out, keep it up! My only feedback though is that the end of the video kinda feels bland, i like that you have a link to the next video, but it would also be great if there was a link to the previous video, for others who happened to click on the 4th or 5th video. That's my 2 cents.

Yea Boourns' comment about adding visual cues at the end should fix that. We'll be doing it in the next video.

Blackflameblade

07-06-2014

Quote:
FailBomber:
EP1 you don't give much detalis most of the bronzies don't know when most champs will have their power spike is so you need to put more info on that.

Well the whole object is for them to understand why its important and what they need to do, in reality just telling people where power spikes hit yes will help them alittle but they need to learn that for themselves. Sometimes champions hit power spikes at different places because of the champion they are facing, Its all about learning the champions.

TL DR They are teaching how to fish, not giving people fish

TheLolPie

07-06-2014

Great videos! I'm Bronze V myself and I've spent the beginning of the season until now learning things by watching streams and 1 v 1ing higher elo than me so I've already learned all these things. I hope more videos come out and I learn something new!