Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Half AP half Magic pen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BreeBreeBRAN

06-24-2014

I love playing ap sona for her pokes.
I always bot with adc. Would it be bad to do a half magic pen and half ap rune page?

Time Gambit

06-24-2014

This is my non-tank support page:

3x Greater Quintessence of Health
5x Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration
4x Greater Mark of Ability Power
6x Greater Seal of Armor
3x Greater Seal of Health
5x Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
4x Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist

Many supports grab health quints because of the early game survivability, which shores up their early squishiness. Sona's level 1 stats make her the squishiest champion in the game, so it's best if she can die less. I leave a few AP marks in my page for whatever minimal scaling they provide, but honestly, it's not much. You're better off going full hybrid pen in your marks to maximize your harass.

Your quints can stay AP until you can afford to specialize your rune pages, at which point you should probably try the health quints.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

06-24-2014

Magic pen or Hybrid pen marks, and AP quints. I wouldn't go any more offensive than that because you absolutely need some defense to survive as Sona unless the opposing bot lane is completely outmatched. Sona might be the squishiest champion in the game. If you have no defensive runes, no defensive masteries, and start with Spellthief, you could practically die to 1 ability, 1 autoattack, and Ignite. You're just asking to die if you go full offense.