Renekton tank??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rohammers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

Hey I've been seeing renekton that he is so close to tank just like nasus. They both get hpfrom ulti, the exact same amount which is what makes nasus a tank but he has no other abilities to help him but renekton has his first spell to give lifesteal to also help him survive so can renekton tank? And... i think i posted this in the wrong section sry :/

M0b1us

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

Nasus ult has an AoE life vamp that also gives him bonus AD from the vamp (also note that the damage done from his ult is a percentage of the enemies total health). Renekton only deals flat magic damage. Nasus also has wither which will decimate carries and cripple their damage output enabling Nasus to live longer in the heat of battle. Renekton has a stun but it does not last anywhere near as long as wither.

Also Nasus's ult is not what makes him a tank. That is what makes him a terror to face in combat.

But this is the right place to post as we are discussing a certain champion.

Moist

01-21-2011

In short, I would say that the answer to your question is no, you cannot build Renekton to be a tank.

You can give him lots of HP and that will give you some survivability at lease, but the enemies will still chew through it fairly quickly.

I posted this in another thread , but I'll copy it here as well:

I have tried various runes, talents and items on Renekton over the last couple of days. All in all, he needs to be buffed. Slice and Dice is fun (even if it can only be used to get away or catch up since it does **** for damage), but the rest of his skills are a joke. You can't effectively tank on him because he just gets beat down too quickly - even with lots of armor/MR items. And you can't dps on him as well as almost every other champion because he's so **** slow and requires the "charge up".

The biggest problem is his survivability. You can't dps anything if you have to buy survivability items. And you CANNOT play this champion and team fight without those items. Even more of a problem is that all those items do is give you an extra 2-3 seconds before you are decimated unless you are lucky enough to get a slice and dice off to get away.

Great potential for this champion, but yes - he definitely needs a little more umph.

WingR

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohammers View Post
Hey I've been seeing renekton that he is so close to tank just like nasus. They both get hpfrom ulti, the exact same amount which is what makes nasus a tank but he has no other abilities to help him but renekton has his first spell to give lifesteal to also help him survive so can renekton tank? And... i think i posted this in the wrong section sry :/
thats how i play him:

basic 3%LL +8damage +100 life item
1hp pot

porting back when iam out of life (got heal and exaust as skills)

buying dam add if i play against soft targets. or hp and ammor against tanks. bacause i have to slow enemys i will buy the dam add and HP "wood hammer" that slows people. the upgrade will give me even more HP

then i buy LL+damage or a Thornmail.

Thornmail will:
A) stop enemys from "first targeting" me
B) deal damage to enemys and give me ammor that i need cz of my bad stats

works very well if i get farmed up. i play him like a offensive tank like mundo.the next items are very random. iam still testing and its based on the enemys and the gametime.

KeVoN xD

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0b1us View Post
Nasus ult has an AoE life vamp that also gives him bonus AD from the vamp (also note that the damage done from his ult is a percentage of the enemies total health). Renekton only deals flat magic damage. Nasus also has wither which will decimate carries and cripple their damage output enabling Nasus to live longer in the heat of battle. Renekton has a stun but it does not last anywhere near as long as wither.

Also Nasus's ult is not what makes him a tank. That is what makes him a terror to face in combat.

But this is the right place to post as we are discussing a certain champion.
IT has no lifevamp.

But nasus passive gives him 10/15/20% lifesteal. (Autoattacks/q)

Pigasaurus

01-21-2011

Build him as tanky DPS, and watch the AOE you do in a teamfight really **** people's couch.

DoctorAlanGrant

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moist View Post
Slice and Dice is fun (even if it can only be used to get away or catch up since it does **** for damage), but the rest of his skills are a joke.
The stun has 175% Ad scaling without fury and 225% scaling with it. The stun is one of hell of a nuke and definitely not a joke

Beoferith

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtheindoor1 View Post
The stun has 175% Ad scaling without fury and 225% scaling with it. The stun is one of hell of a nuke and definitely not a joke
Also a bonus 9% or their HP if you Buy bloodrazer. its like a mini WW ult. I think people just don't know how to play him yet.

The Lu Bu

01-21-2011

People are dumb Reneketon is a beastly tank if you had ever seen one you wouldn't downvote someone for pointing out the fact that he is not up just misused

Pigasaurus

01-21-2011

Renekton is a beast. Rune for ArP (reds/quints), CDR/lvl (blue), and AD/lvl (yellow).

Buy Doran's Sheild
Lane til 4 or 5
Buy Ionian Boots
Jungle and gank
Buy Spirit Visage
Buy Sunfire Cape
Buy Frozen Mallet or Black Cleaver

Enjoy the game....buy whatever else you want. Umm, Malady is really good. FoN is a hoot and a half if they have a caster heavy team.

Honestly, his primary dps stats are ArP and CDR which kind of makes him a skill based hero.

Auto attack builds fail, AD builds fail, AS builds fail.

People forget that Q also gives an enormous amount of rage in creep waves. Renek's playstyle is farm and gank...always stay moving. Ult BEFORE you dash someone, then stun, then Q, then Dash again.

I never top the KD ratio, because I let the carry's last hit. My money comes from the 250+ minion kills I routinely get.