Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How can I start playing support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinglol

06-23-2014

Quote:
The Octobus:
Hello, I'm no senior member here. But I can give you several advice:

1. As a support, you have to die for your ADC if they're in a crucial situation. Unless their HP is like 11, nothing you can do.

This is really bad advice, especially at lower levels. Unless you know your ADC has enough skill to carry, he isn't worth dying for.

Quote:
The Octobus:
2. Remember, that you are "less valuable" than your ADC. I know it sounds bad, but I don't know how to rephrase it! So, your death would be better than your ADC's death.

Assuming you know with 100% certainty you'll get a 1 for 1 or 2 for 1, don't sacrifice for ADC.

Chr0m

06-23-2014

Here's a tip that would make your ad carry happy as he is farming under the turret, at lower level when the turret is attacking the caster minions, hit them once. This will allow your ad carry to last hit all of em without missing any. If you see any minion attacking a caster, then don't hit it. (I think around lvl 5-6 you don't have to do this anymore)

Also, it's important to have a map awareness. Most of league of legends players have tunnel visions, idk if you know what it means or not, but let's assume you don't! Tunnel vision means that they don't pay attention to anything other than their lane. I am guilty of this, but yeah I just wanted to stop by and tell you this. I hope it helps, I am sorry for my English, good luck to you!

grimreefa

06-23-2014

here is an easy to follow ward map.

Xpecial-ward-map.jpg