Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ADC Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oryiah

06-23-2014

I main adc Caitlyn and sometimes MF, and I used to grab Bloodthirster first for 75% of my games and follow it up with situational stuff. But usually it went BT, berserkers, zeal if I needed the speed or last whisper if I didn't as much, phantom dancer, infinity edge (they rotated depending) and then GA if it got that far. But lately, I hear grabbing BT first is no longer optimal.

I know there is no set order but with the changes that were made, I'm curious as to what you guys have been building.

JojoChoe

06-23-2014

i usually play jinx adc, what i usually do is grab berserkers, then build for bloodthirster, then build for stuff like phantom dancer, infinity edge, typical adc items

Forced Hysteria

06-23-2014

I normally see people skip the lifesteal as it is not the bang for your buck anymore

I see people rush a Infinity edge, then a Attspd Item like BoTRK or Static shiv and then build into a last whisper and guardian angel AND THEN possibly a BT (depends on champ)plus boots whenever you can afford.

It is all a matter of preference and there is not a exact set-in-stone way for champions to build adc BUT I definitely see the Infinity edge rush consistency and then branch of according to the champion being played (like a varus will build into Atksped ( hurricane) and Lucian will build into Trinity and so on)

AndrewDoinWork

06-23-2014

ja it doesnt give as much ad now and its er is it more expensive?

u can probably do with a vamp scepter if ur not running lifesteal quints, and then head for the bf sword into IE since its only 300 more g and does more dmg now

from there u prolly want PD or at least a zeal because ur banking on crits, but if u find ur not using as much AA then last whisper might be a better option

and boots, greaves, etc when seen fit

guessin bt isnt as awesome cuz it doesnt give as much lifesteal and ad

AndrewDoinWork

06-23-2014

ja ppl who rely on autos like trist would go IE over BT cuz her skills dun use AD while ppl like graves and cait who uses a lot of AD would want pure AD and not so much crit

and then theres people like lucian corki and ezreal who go trin

but ja might as well just go for IE since BT doesn't give u more pure AD than IE

Secretsap

06-24-2014

I don't really know about MF but i think on cait you rush IE since it gives more damge then BT now, and after that you get an AS item. Then you can get a lifesteal item but you can get LW if you need it.
I dont really know if BOTRK is better right now since BT is pretty much a defensive item now, and gives alot of lifesteal which is always welcome.

Terchuy

06-24-2014

Bloodthirster is now better on champions who don't want to get burst down. It basically grants extra HP. Buying it first makes it really hard to poke or trade with you in lane, and it makes you hard to assassinate. I wouldn't recommend it with an allied Leona or Blitzcrank.