The New Doran's Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shatterlight

01-13-2010

So they got rid of the dumb Greed effect and added 4% lifesteal. Do you guys think it is halfway close to viable?

I personally don't think it is enough. It helps for those people on public teams who grab them, so they will suck slightly less, but I'm not sure it is quite as viable as Doran's Ring yet.

If you don't think it is good enough yet, what would you suggest they add/change? If you think it is fine now, why so?

PS it was 1 gold per 10 seconds, not five. Just so people don't claim it was any good >.>

Greenthumbz

01-13-2010

its a hell of a lot better now no complaints

Elad

01-13-2010

It is better, but it still isn't as good as Doran's Shield or Doran's Ring.

AIM7Sparrow

01-13-2010

doran's shield is the only viable doran imo. blade is useless, ring is next to useless.

Elad

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
doran's shield is the only viable doran imo. blade is useless, ring is next to useless.
Hmm, I disagree with the ring. It is a pretty good item on some characters, the most notable being Nunu. Doran's shield is definately the best Doran's item though.

JunkRamen

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Ring is pretty good on Nunu and some (obv. not all) casters

Shatterlight

01-15-2010

I've always used the ring as Fiddlesticks, and loved it. Maybe other things are better, sure, but it isn't a totally bad item by any means. Shield looks quite good, but I don't play any characters that make use of it.

Doran's Blade is the only one I am unhappy with.

So, does anyone have suggestions for how it could be changed? Perhaps replace the lifesteal with 8-10% attack speed? Or do you guys think that characters who could make use of Doran's Blade are simply undoubtedly better working on combining first, and this item should be removed?

WhitemageofDOOM

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post
So, does anyone have suggestions for how it could be changed? Perhaps replace the lifesteal with 8-10% attack speed? Or do you guys think that characters who could make use of Doran's Blade are simply undoubtedly better working on combining first, and this item should be removed?
Off the top of my head? 6-7% crit instead of life steal.
Ring needs slightly higher mana regen also.

Shatterlight

01-15-2010

As Fiddlesticks, I rarely have much trouble with mana, even tossing near constant Dark Wind attacks at the enemy. One game, my lanemate Ashe had Clarity and said "Go wild on the mana, I have you covered". With Doran's Ring, it took forever for me to reach half mana. It might just be my lack of CDR due to my low level, but I still think the Mp5 is fine, or the boost needed is minimal.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

if that life steal was changed to crit, it would be at 3%. i think the life steal on it made blade a good item. the damage on it is fairly high and its cost effectiveness is good.