Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sylian's Top Lane Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

07-07-2014

If the current PBE changes go through, expect Lucian to drop at least a tier, possibly even to tier 4. 500 range instead of 550 range is a huge nerf on Dominion. Q range being lower hurts him too. Sivir range on Lucian hurts him a lot.

Kassadin will probably drop as well, if those changes go through. His slow will be much weaker, and his early game damage will be slightly lower.

wolferer

07-07-2014

Isn't ADC range less important in Dominion than in SR? I feel like gutting his caster burst damage would hurt him more than the range nerf. Your current ADC tier list is as follows:

Tier 2
Ezreal, Jayce, Jinx, Lucian, Urgot, Varus, Vayne

Tier 3
Caitlyn, Corki, Graves, Kog'Maw, Miss Fortune, Quinn, Twitch

Tier 4
Ashe, Draven, Sivir, Tristana

I don't think I could see Lucian being rated lower than Graves. Also you have Sivir quite low, a champion that Clueless has made great use of in the past despite her 500 range.

SylianEUW

07-07-2014

Whether it's more important or less important is arguable. The point is, it is a huge nerf on Dominion. Most Lucian's I've seen on Dominion used an ADC build, not so much AD caster. With that build, you're fairly reliant on auto-attacking, and having some range really helps.

As for Graves, while I don't think he's terrible strong, I seem to recall NA using him a few times. I don't think he's better than okay, at best, and his position in tier 3 is shaky.

As for Sivir, she was nerfed pretty hard, wasn't she? They used her before the nerfs, right? Or did they use her after the nerfs? Anyways, I'd love for you to prove me wrong here, since I quite like Sivir and I would like to see her being worthy of being tier 3. Her low range combined with lacking mobility outside of her ultimate and her passive hurts her a lot on Dominion, I feel.

wolferer

07-07-2014

We used Sivir before and after the nerfs, and the nerfs weren't actually that huge. Spell shield is very good vs assassins.

I usually see Lucian going Trinity Force Ezreal style build. He was one of the strongest ADCs before and I think he'll be able to weather these nerfs.

SylianEUW

07-14-2014

The reduced range on his Q and autoattack means that he'll still need to get closer to proc Trinity. He only has two long range abilities, his W and his R, and his W doesn't really do impressive amounts of damage. I think losing 50 range will really hurt him, but we'll see. We also don't know if they'll launch those nerfs.

As for Sivir, I'd need to see her more. Perhaps I'll ask some ADC player to try her, or I'll try her myself. Sivir has long been my favorite ADC, after all, though I don't play ADC all that much. It would be nice to be able to move her up to tier 3, but her low range and low general mobility hurts her a lot. Build suggestions?

Also, using her in a tournament is different from using her in a normal. In a tournament, you know what the enemy is picking and can counter-pick. In normals, you don't, so you might end up facing champions that she struggles with.

Keyen

07-16-2014

In the same time, Lucian E is really stupid right now. You can spam it forever since it has 2 sec effective CD with 40% CDR. Losing 50 range and get better base stats and this new E, i think he is better.

SylianEUW

07-16-2014

Quite possible. He will remain in tier 2 for now, until I've had the chance to see him played more.

I'm really interested in checking out how those Alistar buffs worked out. I suspect I might have to move him up to tier 1. Ardent Censer is even better on him now, too, with 10 extra AP.

SylianEUW

07-22-2014

So, since it's summer and all, I'm not playing much League of Legends currently. Even so, I've still been keeping up with updates, and occasionally spectating and talking with people and watching tournament VODs.

As I mentioned, there will be an update in August. I'm going to offer sort of a mix between a preview of some of the upcoming changes, and a chance to comment on them and offer your opinion.

Some changes due to recent patches:

Maokai. As I suspected, the rework turned out to be a buff for him. Chances are I'll move him up to tier 1. Anyone objecting to this?

Alistar. I actually did get the opportunity to try him after the buff, and wow, his early game is so strong now. When he presses R, he becomes very hard to break. Going from 50% damage reduction to 70% damage reduction is a huge buff, and his early game is a lot stronger as a result. The mana buffs also help. Alistar is also a good Ardent Censer user, with his low CD AoE heal and him synergizing well with the base stats, and Ardent Censer got a 10 AP buff recently. I will likely move him up to tier 1. Does anyone object?

Skarner. Before patch 4.11, I was ready to move him up to tier 3. Then he got nerfed a bit. How significant are those changes? Is he tier 3 worthy, or were they severe enough to keep him down in tier 4?

Ziggs. He lost 5 move speed and 30 explosion trigger radius on Q. This means it'll be harder to land Q's, and his base move speed is among the bottom 15. Furthermore, 5 of those have abilities that help them move faster, so yeah... He's slow. If he uses his W to move, he loses out on cc and damage. His poke is less reliable with the lowered explosion trigger radius. Furthermore, his ultimate has a nerf on the PBE, 120 CD at all levels instead of 120/105/90. That's a pretty huge nerf, too. All in all, I suspect Ziggs will end up in tier 3 in the next update. Even if they don't launch the ultimate nerf, the Q nerf and movement speed nerf might be enough to put him in tier 3. If they do launch the ultimate nerf, he'll most likely drop to tier 3.

Some changes that are dependant on PBE changes:

Annie. If Blackfire Torch is nerfed, I suspect Annie will move down to tier 2, since her ability to burst will be weaker. She'll still be very good.

Elise. Elise got some huge nerfs on the PBE. If those go through, she'll drop to tier 2 at the very least, perhaps even to tier 3.

AP Warwick. I might just remove him from the list, because without Blackfire Torch, he's pretty much just on-hit Warwick. I doubt Blackfire Torch will be worth it on him with it having 90 sec CD.

Katarina. Her power level needs to be reevaluated with the nerfed Blackfire Torch in mind. Is she still tier 2 worthy, or will she drop to tier 3?

Nami. She's losing 5 movespeed and might have 1 second added to her W CD. This is a pretty significant nerf to her, actually. It will reduce the flow of playing Nami (no pun intended), she'll have worse mobility and her ability to fight will be much weaker. Her sustain will be a bit weaker too, as will her poking ability. On the other hand, she likes that Blackfire Torch is getting nerfed and that Fizz is getting map specific nerfs... But the earlier Athene's Unholy Grail nerfs in patch 4.10 hurt her as well, since she enjoyed the MR from Athene's. I should try her with the newly buffed Ardent Censer, perhaps that'll help her stay relevant? Anyway, I'm not sure if she'll end up in tier 2 or tier 3 if these PBE nerfs go through, thoughts?

Lulu. Wow, they sure hate Lulu. Her Q is losing the AP scaling on its slow, and her W is losing move speed duration until you max it. Either you don't max it and lost out on a lot of move speed, or you do max it and lose out on Q slow and Q damage. In either case, any Lulu that build some AP will slow less. This is pretty big. If the map specific nerfs remain, she'll probably drop to tier 3. If the map specific nerfs are reverted, she might remain in tier 2. She'll lose out on mobility and slows, but at least she'd get to use her ulti a bit more often.

Sivir. Her ultimate is getting a buff. That might help push her into tier 3.

Lee Sin. His shield will just last for 2 seconds instead of 4 seconds, and his E won't slow attack speed anymore. These are pretty significant nerfs, especially the lost attack speed slow. His ability to duel bruisers will be much weaker, and that might drop his power level quite a bit. He might end up in tier 3.

Some changes based on observation:

Malzahar. Haifhearted has showed us that Malzahar is tournament viable for top lane. His damage potential is quite good, he has a 3 second silence on a reasonably low cooldown and his ultimate really helps against champions diving him. Malzahar does have some issues, such as his squishiness, lack of anti-mobility cc outside of his ultimate, and his low mobility, but he seems to be viable. I'm not sure where I'll move him, either tier 3 or tier 2.

Kennen. You know, I'd like to discuss Kennen. I don't think he's quite as awful as people think he is. Sure, he's got a bunch of flaws, but he also has a bunch of strengths, such as pretty good AoE damage, stuns, and somewhat decent mobility. He could potentially qualify for low tier 3, although I'm not sure. What are your thoughts on him?

Teemo. Yeah, he's annoying, and vision is good, and all that, but... These days, it's really easy to find his mushrooms. Twin Shadows is a very common item, and people can get the newly updated Lightbringer to deal with his mushrooms, or the overall meh Hextech Sweeper if no other option is better. Or just suck it up and deal with it, considering the mushroom damage is much lower. If you want traps, you could play Maokai, Nidalee, or even AP Shaco instead. Teemo struggles both against high-range champions (assuming they don't miss him) and high mobility burst champions. I think he might just deserve a tier 3 spot. Thoughts?

ZallKlos

07-22-2014

Maokai should be Tier 0.

Kayle getting axed means it was only a matter of time until Lulu's turn.

SylianEUW

07-22-2014

There is no tier 0.