Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sylian's Top Lane Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

molokodude

06-22-2014

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
There's really not terribly much I can debate with, other than maybe your Anivia placement.
Damn, I'm used to disagreeing with tier lists. Wtf is this?

Dude I expected Tier S talon. Tier S leona. Tier 3 nid tier 4 lulu from most of his posts. I was shocked by this. I'm used to one or two major oddity.

Bebepop

06-22-2014

Quinn is the adc hater adc and assassin assassin. She's on a league of her own

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
There's really not terribly much I can debate with, other than maybe your Anivia placement.
Damn, I'm used to disagreeing with tier lists. Wtf is this?
My experience with Anivia is that her flaws are too great to really make up for her massive damage. Namely, her lack of mobility and her mana issues. The one guy that played Anivia in high elo EUW liked to get Athene's, and that item just got nerfed, which makes her a bit weaker. Furthermore, her Q isn't too hard to dodge in many cases (although if you hit it, it's great), and she struggles against mobile champions. Her wall is much less valuable when lots of the top picks can just jump over it.

Her passive is on a long cooldown and tends to be underwhelming on Dominion. Great wall plays can be nice, but Dominion isn't like Summoner's Rift. Making occasional great plays is less valuable than performing consistently well. If you look at the tier 1 champions, all of them are able to perform consistently well, none of them depend on landing one great hook or one great wall, or something like that. With Anivia, playing decently well won't cut it.

Can Anivia work? Yes, I think so, but I'm inclined to say that she needs to be played exceptionally well and even then she might struggle versus certain champions. Anyway, I could see if I could get the Anivia guy to play with me, though he doesn't play Dominion much these days.

Oh yeah, the wall is on a 25 second cooldown on all levels. That's an issue too.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

Quote:
molokodude:
Dude I expected Tier S talon. Tier S leona. Tier 3 nid tier 4 lulu from most of his posts. I was shocked by this. I'm used to one or two major oddity.
Interesting. I suppose another advantage of posting this is that it puts things into perspective. A few weeks ago, when working on this tier list, I had a bunch of champions in tier 0: Kha'Zix, LeBlanc, Fizz, and Talon. Kha'Zix got his soft rework which hurt his survivability and made him less ridiculous, so I moved him down to tier 1. At the same time, I pondered Talon. I figured that the Exhaust buff really hurt him, and being able to run dual summoners hurt him as well. Furthermore, the addition of Braum was bothersome for Talon, since Braum deals with Talon quite well. Talon might very well still be a top 3 champion, I'm not sure, but I decided to move him down to tier 1.

Which left Fizz and LeBlanc. And now LeBlanc got her silence removed and dropped from tier 0 to tier 2. At that point, I felt that it was silly to have a tier 0 list just for Fizz, especially since he's not really stronger now that he was before, it's just that other OP champions got nerfed. So I removed tier 0, for now. Vi is probably close to tier 0, although I'm not sure she's quite gamebreaking enough to qualify.

Leona is really strong, though. I'm not really sure which tank I rank the higest, all three qualify. Also, Alistar might move up to tier 1 if Ardent on him proves to be really strong. It needs more testing. I moved Sona up basically because Ardent on her is so potent with all her W spamming.

JamesLeBoss

06-22-2014

Skarner deserves T3 at the very least.

He he still does a lot of damage and is a bit more bursty now because of his new passive. Also, his ult is very good, you either force a QSS or you can completely disable a champion and wreck their positioning.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

I've considered that rework Skarner might be tier 3 for top lane, though I've yet to test him myself. Those I've seen haven't impressed me, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. I've seen people play Nidalee and do half Varus' damage, that doesn't mean Nidalee should be lower tier than Varus.

If a champion is built incorrectly or played incorrectly, they might drop in viability several tiers. Hydra rush Talon is probably just tier 3, while tripen Talon is tier 1. As for Skarner, I'd have to see more of him in order to move him up. His issues are still his lack of a gapcloser, limited cc (though it's better now), and him being prone to kiting.

Romantic Metro

06-22-2014

Most of it I agree with. I'll chalk it up to different play style and perspective as to why you see champions in a different light, but overall most of it is pretty solid.

Koravel

06-22-2014

I'm very confused how you and I can be so different in terms of arguing, and yet I agree with nearly everything on this list.

I have Elise, Yasuo, and Wukong in tier 2, and you have them in tier 1. I do believe that is it.

Edit: Nope, two more. I have Pantheon in tier 1, you have him in tier 2, and I have Gragas in tier 3, you have him in tier 2.

Luninareph

06-22-2014

I'm curious as to your opinion on AP Miss Fortune, if I may inquire.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

Elise is tier 1 for a combination of things. Like many shapeshifters, she's very versatile, perhaps the most versatile of them all. She can poke decently with her human W, she can scout with her human W, her burst potential is very good, she has repel, which is a 1075 range gap closer that also lets her dodge skills, and she has another gap closer on top of that. In addition to her high damage, her gap closing abilities, her scouting, and her ability to avoid skills for up to two seconds, she has a skill shot stun, 1075 range.

I'm not sure if she qualifies for top 10, but I do think she is a top 15 champion.

I had Yasuo in tier 2 for some time. Then I faced him a bit and tried him myself once. Yasuo is a faceroll champion that doesn't take much skill to do well with, but if you're skilled with him, he's deadly. He gains a massive shield from his passive, making him deceptively bulky. He has a windwall, that blocks oh so many skills, including ultimates. The mobility he gains from his E is incredible, and can make him really hard to chase down or escape from. Finally, his Q combo ends with a knock-up, and his ultimate is one of the most frustrating part of his kit. For one thing, it deals massive damage, and he gains additional bonus armor penetration once he used it. To make matter worse, it can hit multiple opponents if aimed properly. His ability to almost die, knock them up and then kill his enemies is incredible. You'd better make sure you kill him quickly, or else things may turn ugly in the blink of an eye!

So, yeah. Did I mention that his ultimate is on a 30 second cooldown at max rank, and that he gains free crit strike chance (but 10% less crit damage)? Yeah... Yasuo is problematic, and I do believe he's strong enough to warrant tier 1, especially once he gets to late game.

Wukong, what is there to say? He's always been strong, his ultimate is incredible, he has useful stealth and his damage is really high. Combine him with some other AoE for a nice wombo combo.

As for Pantheon, he's fairly high in tier 2. I feel that the ultimate nerf made it much harder for him to properly land ultimates and stun opponents when they land. He is still a very strong champion, but I don't think it's quite enough for tier 1.

And Gragas, I simply haven't seen enough of him post-rework to give a proper judgment. Perhaps I should play some Gragas myself.