Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sylian's Top Lane Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

This top lane tier list is mainly meant for Blind Pick Normals, although it probably works for Draft as well. Unlike many other tier lists, the order within a tier is alphabetical rather than from strongest to weakest.

As for credentials, I've been in high Elo Dominion on EUW since early 2012, and I've maintained a win-loss ratio around 64-66% for a long time. I've won around 25 Dominion tournaments and my team, Real Terror, was one of the top 2 teams on EUW, back when we played. I've won over 100 000 RP.

Tier list

Tier 1
Braum, Fizz, Karma, Kha'Zix, Maokai, Rammus, Vi.

Tier 2
Ahri, Akali, Alistar, Amumu, Annie, Ashe (CDR), Blitzcrank, Brand, Darius, Diana, Elise, Ezreal (AD, AP, Blue), Gragas, Irelia, Janna, Jarvan IV, Jax, Jayce, Jinx (CDR), LeBlanc, Lee Sin, Leona, Lissandra, Lucian, Lulu (Blue), Lux, Malphite, Malzahar, Master Yi, Morgana, Nami, Nidalee, Orianna, Pantheon, Poppy, Rengar, Riven, Ryze, Sejuani, Sona, Swain, Syndra, Talon, Twisted Fate, Urgot, Varus (CDR), Vayne, Vel'Koz, Viktor, Warwick, Wukong, Xerath, Xin Zhao, Yasuo, Zed, Zyra.

Tier 3
Anivia, Caitlyn, Corki, Dr. Mundo, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Fiora, Galio, Graves, Heimerdinger, Jinx (ADC), Kassadin, Katarina, Kayle, Karthus, Kennen, Kog'Maw (AD, AP), Lulu (AP), Miss Fortune, Nautilus, Nocturne, Quinn, Rumble, Shaco (AP), Sion (AP), Sivir, Skarner, Soraka, Taric, Teemo, Trundle, Twitch, Udyr, Varus (ADC), Veigar, Ziggs.

Tier 4
Aatrox, Cassiopeia, Cho'Gath, Draven, Gangplank, Garen, Hecarim, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Nunu, Olaf, Renekton, Shaco (AD), Shen, Sion (AD), Shyvana, Singed, Thresh, Tristana, Tryndamere, Vladimir, Volibear, Yorick, Zac, Zilean.

Tier 1 - Generally overpowered in Blind Pick. Will fit well into most comps and do well against many comps.
Tier 2 - Strong champions that often will perform well. Solid picks in the right comps.
Tier 3 - Decent picks that can work, if done right. Tend to be niche and weaker than average.
Tier 4 - Generally weak champions. Some can work, but most are not worth it.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

Changelog 2014-09-25

The main post edited and trimmed down a bit in general. Tier 1 definition updated.

Alistar moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Cassiopeia moved down to tier 4 from tier 2.

LeBlanc moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Talon moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Tristana no longer listed as both AD and AP in tier 4, just as Tristana.

Yasuo moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Changelog 2014-08-31

Several champions split into different categories. (CDR) stands for max CDR + armor pen builds, also known as AD caster. ADC stands for AD Carry, also known as Marksman.

Ashe (ADC) created and moved down to tier 4 from tier 3.

Ashe (CDR) created and moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Jarvan IV moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Jinx (ADC) created and moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Jinx (CDR) created and stays in tier 3.

Kassadin moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Katarina moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

LeBlanc moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Lee Sin moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Leona moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Lulu (AP) created and remains in tier 3.

Lulu (Blue) created and moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Varus (ADC) created and moved down to tier 3.

Varus (CDR) created and remains in tier 2.

Changelog 2014-08-05

Updated tier 1 description.

Annie moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Nidalee moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Wukong moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Zyra moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Changelog 2014-07-31

Alistar moved up to tier 1 from tier 2.

Anivia moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

AP Sion added to tier 3 (AD Sion remains in tier 4).

AP Warwick removed from the list from tier 2.

Ashe moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Blitzcrank moved up to tier 2 from tier 3.

Elise moved down to tier 2 from tier 1.

Kayle moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Kennen moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Lee Sin moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Lulu moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Malzahar moved up to tier 2 from tier 4.

Maokai moved up to tier 1 from tier 2.

Sivir moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Skarner moved up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Teemo moved down to tier 3 from tier 2.

Ziggs moved down to tier 2 from tier 3.

ZallKlos

06-22-2014

Inb4

Fizz vs Talon
Lulu vs Janna vs Nami

drama

iDontCareLmao

06-22-2014

Quinn will forever be underestimated.

molokodude

06-22-2014

This is actually arguably a pretty respective tierlist. Note thou, is this more catered to EUW meta or abit of a hybrid tierlist? Asking because I know you'd rather the dom forums just be merged.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

Quote:
iDontCareLmao:
Quinn will forever be underestimated.
You know what's funny? I delayed posting this tier list when I saw that I still had Quinn in tier 3. I decided to test her against Intermediate bots (Beginner bots on my side), and then I tested Jinx against the same bots and with the same build. I gave Quinn a second try. So, while I do think that Quinn is reasonably good, she does have some issues.

#1: Her poke is not all that impressive. Her Q will do far less damage than Jinx's W or Varus' Q, and while the blind is really useful for fights, it doesn't help much for poking on chasing. The Q range isn't that impressive either. 1025, while Jinx's W is 1500 and Varus' Q is 850-1475.

#2: She's fairly short range. Her base autoattack range is 525, and her E range is 750. When in Valor form, she's melee.

#3: She struggles against champions that don't care about her blind. While Jinx and Varus can deal with them by staying away and poke them down, Quinn has very limited poke, and if she all-ins, she risks getting bursted.

Anyway, I might play some Quinn games in the future an evalute whether she deserves to move up to tier 2 or not. Consider her high tier 3, for now.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

Quote:
molokodude:
This is actually arguably a pretty respective tierlist. Note thou, is this more catered to EUW meta or abit of a hybrid tierlist? Asking because I know you'd rather the dom forums just be merged.
Thanks!

At this point in time, I'm not sure if the EUW meta and NA meta are all that different. I see much more variety in champions these days compared with Season where, which was full of OP assassins. Some people still play assassins, but they're not nearly as common as they used to be, and they're all weaker than they used to be. Except Fizz. I personally consider Fizz #1 at the moment.

Anyway. Tier placements are mostly based on my observations in normal games, plus watching some NA games as well. I've also talked with a bunch of people, including NA people, in order to get a better estimate on how strong champions are. Some champions I'm really not sure about since they're barely ever played, or if they're played they're not played to their full potential. An example is Gragas, who I placed in tier 2. I could see him being tier 3 as well, but he's very rarely played. I think he has potential, but if you guys see a lot of Gragas players that fail with him, tell me and I'll reconsider. Perhaps I'll try him myself.

I'm fairly confident that all current tier 1 champions deserve to be tier 1.

iDontCareLmao

06-22-2014

Quote:
SylianEUW:
You know what's funny? I delayed posting this tier list when I saw that I still had Quinn in tier 3. I decided to test her against Intermediate bots (Beginner bots on my side), and then I tested Jinx against the same bots and with the same build. I gave Quinn a second try. So, while I do think that Quinn is reasonably good, she does have some issues.

#1: Her poke is not all that impressive. Her Q will do far less damage than Jinx's W or Varus' Q, and while the blind is really useful for fights, it doesn't help much for poking on chasing. The Q range isn't that impressive either. 1025, while Jinx's W is 1500 and Varus' Q is 850-1475.

#2: She's fairly short range. Her base autoattack range is 525, and her E range is 750. When in Valor form, she's melee.

#3: She struggles against champions that don't care about her blind. While Jinx and Varus can deal with them by staying away and poke them down, Quinn has very limited poke, and if she all-ins, she risks getting bursted.

Anyway, I might play some Quinn games in the future an evalute whether she deserves to move up to tier 2 or not. Consider her high tier 3, for now.

You pretty much nailed all of her weaknesses but I feel her dueling power and utility more than makes up for it, especially because of how difficult it is to dive onto her (unless you're Fizz or Talon).

I will say she requires a fair bit of skill and champion knowledge to play her, wasting any of your abilities (except maybe W since the cooldown is the only punishing part) will be the death of you.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

Quinn is one of the champions that I'm on the fence about. I could see her being low tier 2 or high tier 3. I'll try her a few more times and see how that works out.

HaIfhearted

06-22-2014

There's really not terribly much I can debate with, other than maybe your Anivia placement.
Damn, I'm used to disagreeing with tier lists. Wtf is this?