Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Beneath the Desert Sands. [Preserver RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grievous77

06-27-2014

Terra

"Probably, because surely we can't go with this many people. I also have a question for you." He said pointing to the cat eared woman and just stared even though his eyes couldn't physically move it was possible that they were confused.

"Why do you...have kitty ears?" He asked, tilting his head and his hat almost falling off.

SjachIxenMiirik

Recruiter

06-27-2014

Ti'lara huffed as everyone moved about, " Well we can't just go down there" she spoke rather loudly so everyone could hear. "We haven't even received our instructions yet but if you lot wish to rush head long into unknown you can do that. I'll wait to decide a course of action when full briefed by him." She finished by point at Tekun.

o0sniper50o

06-27-2014

"Oh well, these aren't real." Crux said, pointing at the ear on top of her head. "Well I guess they are, but not really?" She took a moment to scratch the back of her neck, avoiding eye contact. "Err, you weren't there when I was talking to those undead guys? No? Uhh, okay then."

"Well, first of all, I don't really choose to wear these. They're kind of stuck. Cursed actually. I think it's actually supposed to turn me into a cat or something? But I've got a bunch of, what are they called, mishigating circumstances?, so it's really not that bad. At worst I just can't take it off and I get rocks thrown at me who think I'm a Zaunite mutant." Crux rubbed the tip of one of her cat-ears as she talked, her head slightly askew. "Course it's not all bad. I can hear quite a bit better thanks to these things, and I think it helps with my reflexes too. And it's not like they look completely ridiculous...okay they do. But it's usually a good conversation starter," she said, chuckling slightly.

Grievous77

06-27-2014

Terra tilted his head and looked at Crux and shrugged. "I'm a Golem. An elemental golem at at, and you don't look weird or like a mutant. You look...like a nice person, not deadly. I am Terra, and you are?" He asked, waving at her in a nice manner.

freAK47

06-27-2014

Jake lais against the wall on thee ground outside of the back of the shed. His enchanted cloak was over him and cast an illusion that he was nothing more then a pile of sand. He kept his ear against the wall, listening in.

Kitty ears? Golem? Who were these people?

o0sniper50o

06-28-2014

"Heh, you're not too bad yourself. The name's Crux. Catherine Blake Crux," she said, extending her hand to the golem. "Course, you don't have to call me Crux if you don't want to. I'm fine with almost anything, but don't call me Cat." A dark shadow passed over her face, and something could be heard breaking in the distance.

"Long as you remember that, we should get along purrfectly," a smile now replacing the shadow.

Grievous77

06-28-2014

Terra would smile, if he could since his face was made of stone, but he shook her hand. She would feel that even though for his size and hands he was quite soft and gentle with friends. "Friend. I am Terra, Golem of Protection of Kumungu Jungles!" He said and released his grip and chuckled lightly at the perfect joke.

"I have a pet alligator,many I do not think anyone is strange, especially since my tribe has more like me." He said and nodded, taking off the Indiana jones hat and bowing in respect with the hat in a funny manner before placing it back on.

Nwol

06-28-2014

Quote:
Grievous77:
Terra

Terra walked across the sand, slowly taking his time but was wearing some Indiana Jones outfit of somewhat because it was hot and he did feel the roots grow but he knew that it was a bad thing if they gained to much sun and shriveled up and died. He slowly walked across the sand and the blazing hot sun of the desert itself and made his way to the site and the entrance. "Tekun or sir shall I say? Terra here for duty!" He said and saluted.

"The second to arrive but it looks like others are on their way." Tekun eyed the golem and his attire, perplexed by the need to dress up for something like this. He supposed there would be no fighting it.

Quote:
Necromonger:
Despite the noontime desert sun, Sheva was adorned in her spiked black armor and met with Tekun to be briefed before heading down. She carried her fearsome looking helm in one hand, while a tower shield was slung over her back. At her belt was a cruel pick-hammer, a special Noxian designed weapon-tool. Her armor’s hextech was already working to keep her cool, though of course the build teams built a large canopy just outside the entrance of the Ruins, so that the teams going down could plan in the shade.
Overall, with Sheva in charge of construction works, the area was quickly becoming a well-oiled construction zone.

“Warsmith Visari, Reporting for combat duty, Commander. My construction teams have went ahead to reinforce our position here.” Her tone was strong and professional, though there was slight disappointment that she wouldn't be throwing toxin bombs to suffocate whatever was down there.

His gaze then turn to Sheva who was nothing less than fully prepared. Getting her in may pose a slight problem but beyond that the Immortal Soldier wasn't terribly concerned. She was however bigger than she was, a feat that was most impressive.

Quote:
o0sniper50o:
After a bit more desert-gazing, Crux noticed that some people were finally starting to arrive and were meeting with the councilor. As she walked over, she remembered she was secretly glad that it was Tekun in charge of the operation, or at least anybody who wasn't Deadeye. Things usually fell and tried to hit her more often when he was around.

"Catherine Blake Crux, formally reporting for - GAH!" Crux started rubbing her eyes again, as sand flew into her eyes once more. "Just...ignore that, okay?" she pleaded, one hand still trying to make the intrusion go away.

"Forgiven Crux. I'm not one for formality but I suppose it's needed. I'm surprised they shipped you here so early. Hopefully things will go a little better than last time." Tekun off-handedly mentioned to her and sighed.

Quote:
SjachIxenMiirik:

Shuriman Desert, Excavation Site.
By the time she arrived at the encampment some of the others were already there. She wasn't going to be a loner for this, so she decided to join them when she dismounted and tied up her horse.

Quote:
CALEB THEBADDEST:

Shuriman Desert, Excavation Site.

The palanquin and caravan stop slowly at the encampment, a white suited bodyguard jumps down from the caravan slowly lumbering over to miss Bouchard to open the door for her, he hands her an ivory parasol and matching fan (http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/1180977645_1/Luxury-Noble-European-Beautiful-Lace-Bridal-Wedding-font-b-Parasol-b-font-Umbrella-and-Hand-Fan.jpg) before allowing her to step out of the palanquin. Her white skirt (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-V9hsYG-ctNc/T6fODj2LXqI/AAAAAAAABCk/0EVZGJ2FOcU/s1600/desert+style_white+fashion_white+top+and+long+skirt_city+dress+code_fashion.jpg) shifts in the dry wind as she allows her palanquin bearers to rest handing one of the her coat as she walks over to Tekun; "Hello all how are you?" she asks politely addressing anyone nearby as she fans her face the colored rings on her fingers glinting in the desert sun.

Quote:
lokithedamned:

A few minutes after the other members of the party arrived, he made it to the outskirts of the area. Tekun was in charge of the mission, that was an unquestionable fact, he was there as a form of backup and to make sure that his recruits didn't get themselves into too much trouble. A slight grimace showed when he saw Ridleys.... troupe near the site and sighed. 'Always overkill.' He moved past it and met up with the head of warfare.

"Afternoon Valos," he said with a grin as he pulled out a skin of water and took a drink. "Apologies for being late, but you know how it is with the desert."

His gaze fell upon more and more arrivals. Caleb's suit and caravan was...beyond gaudy and not at all suited to this type of situation. His gaze turned to Loki before turning back to the approaching Ridley.

"I thought I did but it seems I'm being proven wrong as we speak." He let out an amused huff. "Hello Ridley. I see you dressed for the occasion."

Quote:
13loodzkrieg:
Elyssia

Wrapping her traveling cloak tightly around herself as a strong gust of wing swept by, Elyssia stood casually as she waited for the team to assemble. Nodding her head slightly after Crux made her introduction, Elyssia did the same.

"Elyssia Ròsach..... Present."

She wiped droplets of sweat from her brow, the desert was not a climate she was comfortable with. It was the exact opposite of home and she knew that it would be a long while of suffering before she can acclimatize.

'That sun... Definitely helping a lot.' She thought bitterly, hiding as much skin as possible from it.

Shielding her eyes from her blistering nemesis, Elyssia spotted Ridley. She a ghost of a giggle crept into her lips but she stifled it quickly, the amusement still twinkled in her eyes though. Somehow she found the sight of the noble completely out of place funny, it reminded her of the obese swan she and her godmother had found waddling it's way through the bogs north of Demacia. It didn't get very far though....

'Vain...' She thought.

Elyssia had never been enthusiastic when it came to fashion. She groomed her self well enough to be proper in public, but no one had ever taught her delicate makeups and outfits in her childhood. Neither was she very interested in beautification.

Elyssia simply gave Ridley a slight nod and turned back to the current event.

"I don't believe I've had time to meet with you on an individual basis Elyssia. But it's a pleasure to meet you. We'll be inside soon enough. You won't need to worry about the sun much longer. At least that's what I suspect."

Quote:
Necromonger:
Sheva beckoned her fellows to come into the command shed she had built for the meeting, wondering why some people were staying in the sun.

Tekun followed Sheva into her command shed. If only for a temporary reprieve from the elements.

Quote:
freAK47:
He slid down the side of the dune that faced away from the camp and slowly made his way around the side of the camp. It took some time and little work, but he made it into the camp without too much trouble. It was almost like these people were more worried about someone getting out then someone getting in. He moved quietly up to the shed, the back side away from the main entrance. He curled up against the side and flung his cape over him, activating its enchantment. He had received this cape from Shiz, saying it might help camouflage him better. The top of the cape seemed to seal itself to the wall, near seamlessly. Its texture changed and soon it looked like one more bit of sand piled up against the building. He knew that someone examining the cloak closely would realize the fake, but any casual observer or quick glance would be fooled by it. So he sat back and listened, staying still.

For the time being Jake was camouflaged but the group was already on high alert. Inevitably, he would be discovered.

Quote:
Kaelhound:
Victus (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4201) and Dandreia (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4235) Mortearma

With that he heads off in the direction of the others, his heavy armour trudging through the sand slowly but surely. He squeezes his form through the doorway, struggling a slight bit with his coffin before tunring to address his comrades. "Victus Mortearma and company reporting. I hope that my additional forces won't be too much of an issue?"

Tekun's gaze fell to Victus as he entered the tent. Discussions were about to begin but not just yet. "They shouldn't be a problem if you can keep them from sinking into the sand or disrupting the work that's being done. It'll keep small things away and will give the big ones at the very least pause."

Quote:
Grievous77:
Terra tilted his head and looked at Crux and shrugged. "I'm a Golem. An elemental golem at at, and you don't look weird or like a mutant. You look...like a nice person, not deadly. I am Terra, and you are?" He asked, waving at her in a nice manner.

And with that being said Tekun would begin speaking.

"The excavation team has managed to clear some of the rubble allowing further entry into the temple but we need to be the ones who go in first. There's likely more than a few traps down there as well as Void and Undead. More importantly, we believe there may be an Elite down there. Something far bigger and deadlier than most Void that will be encountered. We'll go down, make rounds and then safely start an investigation. Keep your eyes sharp and peeled and stay alert." His gaze fell outside the tent.

"You may have noticed the entrance, which is a refined hole with a few ladders near it with a few summoners to aid with heavy lifting into and out of the temple."

Quote:
freAK47:
Jake lais against the wall on thee ground outside of the back of the shed. His enchanted cloak was over him and cast an illusion that he was nothing more then a pile of sand. He kept his ear against the wall, listening in.

Kitty ears? Golem? Who were these people?

Still. He went undiscovered though a few eyes were roaming towards the back of the tent, lingering quizzically.

The Immortal Soldier would begin making his way to the interior of the temple and would be among the first down the ladder. "Sheva. You may want to consider enlisting one of the summoners for help. You may break the ladder if you go down. It's a thirty foot drop."

Inside was well lit now as opposed to barely visible as it was for those who were present during its discovery. Four pillars of limestone held fast against the ceiling, a fifth near the corner was ruined, a portion of it collapsed near the hall. Glyphs were being studied along the walls by obvious researchers. A team of at least a dozen and a half preservers was already down with them, ready to attack and defend if any threat showed its face.

A path to the north and to the south left. Tekun's gaze fell uneasily to the south as he waited patiently. Their entry way was near the center pillar.

Reference2.gif

SjachIxenMiirik

Recruiter

06-28-2014

Quote:
Nwol:

And with that being said Tekun would begin speaking.

"The excavation team has managed to clear some of the rubble allowing further entry into the temple but we need to be the ones who go in first. There's likely more than a few traps down there as well as Void and Undead. More importantly, we believe there may be an Elite down there. Something far bigger and deadlier than most Void that will be encountered. We'll go down, make rounds and then safely start an investigation. Keep your eyes sharp and peeled and stay alert." His gaze fell outside the tent.

"You may have noticed the entrance, which is a refined hole with a few ladders near it with a few summoners to aid with heavy lifting into and out of the temple."

Still. He went undiscovered though a few eyes were roaming towards the back of the tent, lingering quizzically.

The Immortal Soldier would begin making his way to the interior of the temple and would be among the first down the ladder. "Sheva. You may want to consider enlisting one of the summoners for help. You may break the ladder if you go down. It's a thirty foot drop."

Inside was well lit now as opposed to barely visible as it was for those who were present during its discovery. Four pillars of limestone held fast against the ceiling, a fifth near the corner was ruined, a portion of it collapsed near the hall. Glyphs were being studied along the walls by obvious researchers. A team of at least a dozen and a half preservers was already down with them, ready to attack and defend if any threat showed its face.

A path to the north and to the south left. Tekun's gaze fell uneasily to the south as he waited patiently. Their entry way was near the center pillar.

Ti'lara was ignored as she spoke and stepped into the shade of the tent. She moved to the side and saluted more or less for what she knew about it. "Ti'lara checking in sir." she stated quickly after the words had been spoken. She fell silent then as she decided to isolate herself from the group, if she could. She did not know them and they did not know her. Nor was she overly a people person and the times she was usually required sword or first being put some place on someone else's body. she was not going to jump to any conclusion about this.

The desert was a dangerous place. Ruins in the desert? More than likely doubly so or more depending on what they found inside.

Kaelhound

06-28-2014

Quote:
Nwol:

Victus listens intently to the commander, making a few mental notes and waiting until he had finished before speaking. "Sire, a couple of questions. One, how many, if any, of my soldiers should I bring? The entrance appears to be large enough for only one person at a time, and I have quite a few soldiers with me. Logistically, it could be rather... irritating to move too many through."

"Two, should we perhaps have something to mark my soldiers as different from the enemy's undead, just to mitigate confusion, or do you believe the difference will be evident enough?"