Is 4.2 ranked KDA any good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silmaril

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekenetic View Post
KDA's mean nothing in a match. Just means you're better at last hitting champions than others.
Actually, the KDA is kills + assists/deaths. Last hitting will not get you a higher KDA ratio.

However, from what I've seen (which, to be honest isn't all that much) KDA for the average player seems to run between 3-5 or so.

If you're really curious, just use the summoner search at the bottom of the friends list and pick some high ranked players which you can see on the League homepage. Or just random people on the forums and see how you stack up.

Luckyluckylicked

01-20-2011

this game is not about kills

Blugyblug

01-20-2011

k/d/a ratio adds assists to your kills.

But whats more important is creep score, turret kills, damage dealt/taken etc.

White Shower

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmaril View Post
Actually, the KDA is kills + assists/deaths. Last hitting will not get you a higher KDA ratio.

However, from what I've seen (which, to be honest isn't all that much) KDA for the average player seems to run between 3-5 or so.

If you're really curious, just use the summoner search at the bottom of the friends list and pick some high ranked players which you can see on the League homepage. Or just random people on the forums and see how you stack up.
you can only see someone's ranked stats if your their friend =(

Kazzonia

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shower View Post
Is 4.2 ranked KDA any good?

I ask because I'm 1200 elo. Is it because of bad luck or do higher elo players have much better then this?
KDA is really affecte by how many times you die. you can get tons of assists, but if you have more tahn 3 deaths per game, your KDA gets screwed.

It's really debatable what KDA means. I have seen people in higher elo with ****tier KDA than I do. Does that mean I am better than them? maybe and maybe not. Very subjective and situational.

kijik

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantwan View Post
KDA doesn't mean **** in this game, pushing towers does. I'd rather have a 1.8 KDA ratio and 9 towers in every game than a 15.2 KDA but no towers.
QFMFT this isn't team deathmatch you GD wanna-be jarhead ****s

grr...rage released, a little frustrated got called bad for being 3-4-3 roughly with Renekton but 4 towers killed, soloed for the most part at that.

BobTheCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

I think KDA does mean something. If you have a 10-1 kda on all your champs and you're at 500 elo hell, you should probably be higher. If you have a 1-500 kda and you fail hard at high elo, you should be lower. The elo system is pretty flawed, and KDA is another way to judge ability. It's a champ by champ basis so obv. some are going to be higher/lower then others, but if you have a 1:4 kda on ezrael/kennen/carry etc then you're probably doing something wrong.

I think its definitely relevant. Better players typically have better kda ratios.

Chiptune

01-20-2011

ELO dosen't exist.

Elo maybe.

Angemon

01-20-2011

I've been in many games where my team was outnumbered >15 kills and we still won just from making good calls, pushing when we had an oppurtunity, backing when we should, and defending until we got a good oppurtunity. Although good players should have less deaths, since map awareness and getaways are skills, their kills aren't necessarily high especially if you consider what kind of champion they are playing(tanks I mean you). One of my favorite champions even before prepatched and buffed was Caitlyn. I could not for the life of me score massive kills because of her underwhelming damage but it was quite easy to lead 4 other strangers to victory just by calling the shots(normal not ranked.) So my kda ratio, not that great but it really had little bearing on the games. Organization, farming, team battles, warding, neutraling, item selection, there are just so many other factors. Good KDA ratio will increase the chances of you winning but in the long run means nothing if you aren't proficient in the other areas

ProNoobster

01-20-2011

I have a snagging feeling the OP just wanted to wave his epeen around with his KDA.

Edit: but if I'm wrong, then what other people said- any carries in a team doesn't necessarily have to have all the kills. It could be the enemy is just last shotted by another person who cares about THEIR KDA, or that it's 5v1 and the team doesn't realise they should give the kill to their carry.