Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is this? Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

harpyqueen

06-22-2014

so ive been playing league for a while now and all has been well my friends and i mostly do aram occasionally take a trip to the crystal scar good times right. well i have recently decided to do ranked games thinking it would be fun just like the other places. now dont get me wrong i knew it would be hard and arduous, the enemy teams arent joking around and i like that. my problem has been with my OWN team there are always cruel and harsh and unnecessarily mean to any and everyone. now i know what your thinking that im just whining right? no i am litterally to the point of quiting league thats how unfun and horrible the experience has been ive played 13 games and won 2 due to that team having an afk, and the entire time someone was berating or just yelling at me or one of my teammates. so i was wondering is there like a psych screening that ppl can set up so i dont have to play rage monsters? needless to say im done with ranked it hasnt been fun at all and to all those who want to start my advice is dont....... ever....

xvanessa

Recruiter

06-22-2014

Toxics are the worst, and you'll see them most commonly in ranked games. My advice would be to ignore them and just report them after the game. Sometimes if you let them know why you could potentially report them (i.e verbal abuse, negative attitude, etc), they start to shape up a bit, so you could also try that. Good luck!

Protosan

Recruiter

06-22-2014

Yes, unfortunately there are quite a few unpleasant people in the league community. One may come across a larger amount of these players in ranked. As xvanessa said, all you can really do is mute them in game and then report them afterwards for their toxicity. Riot is trying their best to deal with toxic players and the tribunal is a lovely little place. Since this is the internet, it's to be expected.
But since league is such a wonderful game, we keep coming back for more.
We play for the good games and try to push past the bad.

Good luck Summoner on your adventures, ranked or otherwise.
Just remember ranked is a great place to improve your skills and the ill-willed chat shouldn't stop us from having fun.

ll Balance ll

06-22-2014

I know exactly what you are saying. The people who are raging and flaming all game should be banned. If you are really having a terrible time with your team mute them as others are saying, but really I wouldn't take anything ragers say seriously. They are raging and simply want a response. If you choose to go back into ranked don't respond to ragers. Just make good calls in chat ping your mias and be encouraging. If you get a flamer then ask them politely to stop saying anything non-essential to the game and play. It also sometimes helps to point out that you are on the same team. It sounds silly but I find that it is far more effective then almost anything else you could do at that point.

TheSickFlux

06-22-2014

Ranked is a more serious setting since there's actually ranking at stake, so I think you owe it to your teammates to know what you're doing and be a productive teammate. It's totally not cool for people to rage at you for being unprepared and flame the everliving **** out of you, but I think you might also just want to avoid ranked until you can understand the game better. If you meet people like that again, just mute them and report them afterwards, but also try to stay out of ranked until you're more prepared, and avoid it yourself.

SGT Dingle Berry

06-23-2014

Dont even give them the satisfaction of responding, just mute them. More than likely they did something stupid that resulted in their death and they need someone to blame it on.

FlyingPenguinz

06-23-2014

Once ur higher in the ladder the baddies become more and more rare both in the gameplay and the attitude.

Nurse Bunny

06-23-2014

Toxicity is legit what 60%, if not more, of what the League community is. Since you're new, I would actually lay off of ranked for a bit, refine your skills till you can win even if you have toxic members. You said that you play with friends, I would always take a duo partner if you can. I despise solo ranking simply because a lot of the time you can't communicate as well as League wants you to think and having a duo partner that you can trust to A) not rage at you for a mistake (and give constructive criticism) and B) not go AFK just ups your chance at winning. I wouldn't quit on just the attitude of ranked players, however. If you genuinely like the game then don't stop playing it! People tend to take ranked very seriously and thus usually get more angry if they're loosing then compared to a normal or ARAM. Truthfully, there are bad games and good games along with rude people and nice people.

MystVearn

06-23-2014

Quote:
harpyqueen:
so ive been playing league for a while now and all has been well my friends and i mostly do aram occasionally take a trip to the crystal scar good times right. well i have recently decided to do ranked games thinking it would be fun just like the other places. now dont get me wrong i knew it would be hard and arduous, the enemy teams arent joking around and i like that. my problem has been with my OWN team there are always cruel and harsh and unnecessarily mean to any and everyone. now i know what your thinking that im just whining right? no i am litterally to the point of quiting league thats how unfun and horrible the experience has been ive played 13 games and won 2 due to that team having an afk, and the entire time someone was berating or just yelling at me or one of my teammates. so i was wondering is there like a psych screening that ppl can set up so i dont have to play rage monsters? needless to say im done with ranked it hasnt been fun at all and to all those who want to start my advice is dont....... ever....

Press tab, look for the "mute champion" button, and just ignore them, many times you will even win a game by ignoring the toxic player and just focusing on your game, there is no point in reading them, less in answering them back, even though i know sometimes you can't help it, but the problem is, you will keep finding them, ranked or not, and eventually you can turn like them, so better to just mute them