Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Meta-Break Game!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kanacho

06-21-2014

THE META-BREAK GAME

First off, I would like to thank you all for reading this thread, and I would like to warn you to please not grief/troll anyone. It's greatly encouraged to play with a group of friends or at least in an unranked game before attempting this in order to prevent griefing for your team. Remember to have fun, Thank you! So, without further ado, here is what YOU gotta do!

The game is simple, take a standard team composition or champion, and play them in a completely radically different way! I'm sure we've all tried AP tryndamere or 5 man all mid on summoners rift, so why not see what works?

Team Composition Meta-Break: An attempt to do build a team with roles completely out of the ordinary! 1 Top 1 Mid 1 Bot 2 Jungle! This is just an example of a team-comp meta-break! You can try to do something fun and out of the ordinary like this, and see just how well it works!

Champion Role Meta-Break: Attempting to play a champion in a role they normally just don't fill! AP Nami mid, anyone? Take a champion and throw them into a lane and/or build that's out of the ordinary!

Report Back!
Lastly, report back here in the comments with your exploits, and how well they turned out! Did your all-tank comp. pan out? Or, did you miserably fail and your team lost within the first 15 minutes? Post screen-shots or links to videos showing what you did, or even just explain what you did! Remember to have fun, and no griefing anyone!

kanacho

06-21-2014

AP Tryndamere. Let me tell you, I didn't think it would work at all. The first time I tried this build, I did pretty bad with it. However, after learning what items to buy and by utilizing Trynd's Q for the sustain, the AP build worked wonderfully in mid-lane! I crushed their team's Malzahar and ended up doing quite well the rest of the game!

Jybe

06-21-2014

5 ADC top: I actually saw this on a stram, this is how it works: U pick 5 AD carries buy red elixirs and go top, then start pushing as hard as you can to the nexus. Once the enemies start recalling it will already be too late!

70% chance to get inhibitor before minute 5! (depending on wether the enemy is smart and recalls fast enough)

Maximum Zilean

06-21-2014

One of my personal favorites.

Twitch / Eve bottom
Dr Mundo top lane
Jungle Rengar
Mid lane Kha'zix

This comp is simple. Mundo sits out in the open and does Mundo things while the entire enemy team jumps on him since they think he's alone. Then everyone jumps out of stealth for a surprise fight.

ThKingOfInsanity

06-22-2014

Brand-Annie botlane.
This is one of the most fun and effective off-meta botlanes. Brand and Annie both have good AOE damage, and once they hit level 6 it's pretty much 2 free kills with flash-Tibbers. They have strong cc. Annie has a versatile aoe stun and Brand has a 2 second stun on a 3.6 second cooldown with 40% cdr. Normally you want an ad midlaner or ad top and jungle to compensate for the lack of a real adc. I tried this with a friend a few times with both Brand and Annie filling the "support" role on different occasions. Both times we got crazy fed, even turning a 2v4 in our favor. Once one of them gets a DFG, good synchronization can instantly burst someone.

Another fun off-meta pick is Annie Top. I first started when I was like level 15 because I didn't know better. It worked, so I kept playing it. If you rush Rod of Ages then build Rylais, you are decently tanky and able to go for kills whenever Tibbers is up.

BlazeFireWolf

Recruiter

06-22-2014

Heimerdinger jungel sucks he has fast clear and he has his stun but sucks at ganking

Starn3rd

06-23-2014

I'm no sure how many people do this, But I played Ad Malzahar once. The only reason this works at all is because his passive minions also scale with 100% percent of Malzahar's bonus ad and copy all of his armor penetration. With cdr, mana regen and ad, combined with your e to not run out of mana, you can easily have two minions out at once, and holding someone still with your ultimate leads to your minions dealing a large amount of damage. Thank you Siv HD.

DWT12345

06-23-2014

Adc top. Outranges the other top laner. They can't come in to farm within you using aa on them

kanacho

07-04-2014

I tried Hybrid Xin Zhao. My build consisted of Feral Flare, Trinity Force, Hydra, Mejai's Soul Stealer, Nashor's Tooth, and Boots of Swiftness with alacrity. Surprisingly, the heals were amazingly strong lol, not to mention I did extremely high damage and shred through everyone on the enemy team. It was pretty hilarious.

warfighter101

07-04-2014

Tank swain... lots of CC..... can heal like mondo.... without a cd >