Caitlyn- Long Range Yordle Traps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaigar

01-20-2011

This is starting to really frustrate me. First off, it doesnt seem that casting a trap while in the bush will reveal you. Because Caitlyn can cast a trap the width of the entire bottom/top lane, you can't tell shes laid one even under you until its too late. So shes effectively got a longer range stun that sion with her stun(actually one of the longest in game) and completely deny you with little ease in bot/top lanes.

This probelm could be fixed by A: revealing when you place a trap, or B: shorten the range. Its understandable that teemo doesnt reveal while laying a shroom because the range is so low, and nidalee actually has a simular range with her traps, but nidalee's traps don't snare.

eheroedog

01-20-2011

it takes time for the trap to get activate

Jaigar

01-20-2011

Its a 1 second activation time, with no missile time for hitting the target, which barely constitutes an activation time. All you do is place it right because they run in to last hit a minion, and its incredibly difficult to avoid

ChainsawX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Really? I find her traps to be incredibly super ridiculously easy to avoid, to the point where I don't level them beyond level 1 when I play her. They take so long to load that most heroes that are paying attention just walk around them.

This thread is at least amusing in that it's the first "nerf Caitlyn" post I've seen.

Jaigar

01-20-2011

You obviously have no clue what I'm talking about; because you cannot see her when she casts it, it doesn't make a sound. So if you are playing one of the characters without boobs that have a lil bit of width, it can be difficult to see if its right behind you.

Lycanblu

01-20-2011

To be honest. Sion has one of the shortest range ranged stuns in the game, to say that Cait's which is about as long as sion's, is the farthest reaching stun in the game is incredibly inaccurate.

It's range is mediocre, and characters like Annie, Anivia, Veigar, and Taric, can stun you from an even farther range, and if you count binds and snares, Morgana and Luxanna are by far the longest reaching. Morgana and Lux can also fire their bindings from a bush without revealing themselves, as can Anivia.

The damage dealt by the traps is very little, and you can dispose of them safely when she is not around for little to no risk to yourself. The traps are incredibly obvious, you can see them quite easily, and even if you can't, they come up as red dots on the map. It's very difficult to land the trap in most combat situations, so pretty much the only application is to block pathways, and to run.

It's one of the least useful snares in the game, and perhaps it's only real use is the sight granted, which can help you keep track of where the enemy is headed after the trap, and to keep sight on enemies trying to use bushes for cover.

Sylviir

01-20-2011

The only issue I have with Caitlyn's traps is how incredibly quickly they arm. I don't think she should be able to place a trap on top of someone who's briefly CCed and basically extend their CC time by a second or two for free.

Lycanblu

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylviir View Post
The only issue I have with Caitlyn's traps is how incredibly quickly they arm. I don't think she should be able to place a trap on top of someone who's briefly CCed and basically extend their CC time by a second or two for free.
So you don't think that anyone with a stun or snare period, should be able to extend the CC time by a second or two for free either?

Hell, if that's the only way she can land her trap in a fight, then it's only fair that she's able to.

Baval

01-20-2011

The only time ive ever been hit by a trap is when she put it in the brush before the fight, then ran into it when running away. since my grenade was on cooldown i face checked the brush to finish her off and got trapped, and she ran away. Thats it.

Jaigar

01-20-2011

I've been completely locked down by caitlyn and lux before. Right after a team fight, I had roughly 80% health, Lux would bind me, I'd get trapped immediately after, then Lux would Flare me as I'd try to finish her off (had wither on her as nasus) , then right before I could reach her, another bind.