Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What are some popular mid champs right now in higher elo's (plat, diamond, etc.)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BaronInHerNexus

06-20-2014

Quite frankly I can't seem to find any websites with the most popular champions that are played. I've found:
http://www.elophant.com/league-of-legends/champions/most-played
and
http://www.lolking.net/charts
I feel like that the first website is outdated and even though it has filters by most popular by the week, the most played champions literally never seem to change. The second website only shows the 10 most popular and none after that. I want to try a new mid champ, and I'm particularly interested in what higher elo's tend to play. I'm kind of interested in trying Ahri but I've heard that she's not very good this season. LeBlanc is what everybody TRIES to play in silver mid, but she's banned most of the time. Anybody have any good websites or input? Thanks!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FantasySniper

06-20-2014

You can expand the lolking chart by clicking on the box-arrow thing to the right of the chart title and date.

Morgana, Katarina, LeBlanc, Nidalee, Ziggs, Fizz, Kayle, Yasuo, Akali, Zed, Lux, Orianna, and Syndra are all the most popular mids.

Ahri is pretty much horrible. Her power is all rolled into her Charm, she has a horrible passive, her Fox-Fires have no potential outside kiting and ulting, and her ult has crazy short range for an APC, making her squishiness even more of a weakness.
I recommend you try out Kayle, Vel'Koz, Malzahar, Brand, Katarina, or Talon for a mid-laner.