[HELP FIX] LoL Client won't run on Mac 10.4.11

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InsaneKlutch

06-20-2014

I have installed and even re-installed the game. I have looked up ways to fix it but none of them ever work.

The Problem:

When I download the game, it goes through the installing process and whatnot, then I go and move it into the applications folder like I have to. Yet whenever I try to click on the "League of Legends.app" but never truly launches. Please help/fix!

Version: 10.4.11

Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

idk if it's just my ghetto Mac, or if the launcher is buggy. Either way, I would love to play this game on my Mac. (I have it on my home PC, but I want to see if I can get it here.) Thank You in advance!

FreakinUnoriginl

06-20-2014

The minimum version of OS X required by League of Legends is 10.7 (Lion). When the Mac beta started the minimum was 10.6 (Snow Leopard) but a month ago we got a sticky/announcement that the minimum OS X version would be bumped up to 10.7. It doesn't appear to have happened quite yet, but it will be happening "soon".

If that's all you wanted to know, you can stop here. If you want to know more about your possible upgrade path, read on.

10.4 (Tiger) is almost 10 years old, and was the first version available for Intel Macs. If you have one of the first Intel Macs, then 10.7 might be the maximum-supported OS X for that computer. Those early Intel Macs had 32-bit EFI; 10.8 and newer require a 64-bit EFI. Unfortunately, while 10.9 (Mavericks) and the soon-to-be-released 10.10 (Yosemite) are free for compatible Macs, 10.7 is only available in the App Store for something like $20. In order to access the App Store you need to be running 10.6, which was the last version available on a retail DVD (also $20).

If you use any PowerPC apps you need to be aware that Rosetta (the translation layer allowing PowerPC apps to run on Intel Mac) is not available on 10.7 or later, so you should partition your drive or set up an external bootable drive to retain access to 10.4 or 10.6.

Otherwise, the best thing to do would be to use a newer computer.

InsaneKlutch

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinUnoriginl View Post
The minimum version of OS X required by League of Legends is 10.7 (Lion). When the Mac beta started the minimum was 10.6 (Snow Leopard) but a month ago we got a sticky/announcement that the minimum OS X version would be bumped up to 10.7. It doesn't appear to have happened quite yet, but it will be happening "soon".

If that's all you wanted to know, you can stop here. If you want to know more about your possible upgrade path, read on.

10.4 (Tiger) is almost 10 years old, and was the first version available for Intel Macs. If you have one of the first Intel Macs, then 10.7 might be the maximum-supported OS X for that computer. Those early Intel Macs had 32-bit EFI; 10.8 and newer require a 64-bit EFI. Unfortunately, while 10.9 (Mavericks) and the soon-to-be-released 10.10 (Yosemite) are free for compatible Macs, 10.7 is only available in the App Store for something like $20. In order to access the App Store you need to be running 10.6, which was the last version available on a retail DVD (also $20).

If you use any PowerPC apps you need to be aware that Rosetta (the translation layer allowing PowerPC apps to run on Intel Mac) is not available on 10.7 or later, so you should partition your drive or set up an external bootable drive to retain access to 10.4 or 10.6.

Otherwise, the best thing to do would be to use a newer computer.
Thank you. I Already have a decent computer to play it on, but I just wanted to see if I could get this to work. I don't exact;y know where I found this ancient thing (and I might just end up selling it), but I'm thankful for your input.