Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@IronStylus Is Akali on the radar at all?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-30-2014

Quote:
Hayaishi:
neither Caitlyn is that bad but she's in line for a V.U. How does that work again?

Akali theoretically wouldn't need as much of a thematic overhaul as Caitlyn. That and other factors tend to push Caitlyn to a higher position of priority, such as visibility, approachability of the champion, "visual health" of the champion, etc. She's one of our more popular characters, especially where ADC's are concerned because she's sort of "entry level".

Soulaid

06-30-2014

Quote:
ironstylus:
akali theoretically wouldn't need as much of a thematic overhaul as caitlyn. That and other factors tend to push caitlyn to a higher position of priority, such as visibility, approachability of the champion, "visual health" of the champion, etc. She's one of our more popular characters, especially where adc's are concerned because she's sort of "entry level".

hi ironstylus!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-30-2014

Quote:
Soulaid:
hi ironstylus!

Herro.

Hezio

06-30-2014

Quote:
IronStylus:
I don't think she'll be up for anything anytime in the immediate future. She has some pretty janky things in her model (bad deformation, noodle arms, etc) but overall she's not *that* bad. I think she's actually pretty distinct as a character. She would however benefit quite a bit from a texture update and some geometry tweaking to make sure her elbows, knees and ankles bend appropriately. To my knowledge we could address those with some rig changes.

So Caitlyn which came out later is closer to one? How about Ezreal?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-30-2014

Quote:
Hezio:
So Caitlyn which came out later is closer to one? How about Ezreal?

We don't prioritize by order of initial release. Each champion is looked at independently. My personal opinion is that Ezreal could use a lot of love though.

Dyonas

06-30-2014

Quote:
IronStylus:
We don't prioritize by order of initial release. Each champion is looked at independently. My personal opinion is that Ezreal could use a lot of love though.

Hmm if it goes by popularity and everyone would pick Kassadin if they could how about some love for the dRifter?

SupressedSilence

06-30-2014

Quote:
IronStylus:

What about sion?

Hezio

06-30-2014

Quote:
IronStylus:

His arm is broken Please save Ezreal.

htahah.jpg

Hezio

06-30-2014

Quote:
SupressedSilence:
What about sion?

Sion is already confirmed for a complete overhaul.

SincerelyShyvana

06-30-2014

Quote:
IronStylus:

Based off your statement on Akali, I suppose Sona is rather getting TU than VU?

Or is she getting one after all? Come on I want to see her leeeegs...