Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@IronStylus Is Akali on the radar at all?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GMB Vamp13

06-30-2014

quite literally the absolute last thing i want is for ironstylus to touch akali.

SecretLore

06-30-2014

Overall I'd be curious whats riots opinion about the kinkou trio in general.
I mean most champs are meant to look different from each other and their current way of making champs is to make it so,that each champ delivers a "different fantasy" meaning everyone more or less has their own unique aspects thematically.

the kinkou trio however is different in that aspect,all 3 of them are ninjas(sure there is zed too,but zed doesn't look like a traditional ninja and stands out due to his shadow powers).
I mean ok kennen has this whole electricity thing going on,no other champ is so focused on electricity like kennen,so I could see them pushing the whole "electric"-champ thing a bit more for kennen to make him stand out.

The question is what they'll do with akali(or shen),I mean garen is more or less THE knight of the game,so maybe shen could be THE ninja,but that'd leave akali(ok she is a kunoichi,but thats just the female version of the ninja),maybe they could do something with her weapon?I mean right now it is kinda weird that she is an ap champ despite using physical weapons and her smoke screen doesn't look like a smoke screen at all,maybe that are aspects where something more unique could be added to her character

Holy Malevolence

06-30-2014

Quote:
MetaCosmos:
Why? She just got a buff when S4 started with all the stealth vision nerfs. Now you have to spend 100 gold and not have a full build just to see her.

Or you could spend 475 gold once and never have trouble with shroud again.
While also obtaining the most useful of the three trinkets.

Anywho, as to the topic, I do wanna see a VU.
But not one that changes too much. Make her ponytail look more realistic, make it so that there're gems in her kama that glow so's her hands don't have to(And make the glow more visible the more AP/AD she has), make it so that she throws her weapons when dancing, make it so that when MoTA is on cooldown one of her kama are missing, and then all the normal animation updates.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-30-2014

I don't think she'll be up for anything anytime in the immediate future. She has some pretty janky things in her model (bad deformation, noodle arms, etc) but overall she's not *that* bad. I think she's actually pretty distinct as a character. She would however benefit quite a bit from a texture update and some geometry tweaking to make sure her elbows, knees and ankles bend appropriately. To my knowledge we could address those with some rig changes.

Are

06-30-2014

Quote:
IronStylus:
I don't think she'll be up for anything anytime in the immediate future. She has some pretty janky things in her model (bad deformation, noodle arms, etc) but overall she's not *that* bad. I think she's actually pretty distinct as a character. She would however benefit quite a bit from a texture update and some geometry tweaking to make sure her elbows, knees and ankles bend appropriately. To my knowledge we could address those with some rig changes.

Ah yes yes, but that splash art promised last June/July ; u ;?

Eiki

06-30-2014

Quote:
IronStylus:

Yes pls Parrot Senpai

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-30-2014

Quote:
Are:
Ah yes yes, but that splash art promised last June/July ; u ;?

That'd be RiotSilver's domain. Not sure where she stands on a splash update.

Hayaishi

06-30-2014

Quote:
IronStylus:

neither Caitlyn is that bad but she's in line for a V.U. How does that work again?

Ahris

06-30-2014

Quote:
Eiki:
Yes pls Parrot Senpai

Your FEK kawaii !

Arcane Ezreal

Recruiter

06-30-2014

Quote:
IronStylus:

How bout Ezreal? He's kind of in the same boat as Akali.