Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@IronStylus Is Akali on the radar at all?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zeeh

06-19-2014

I know she was due for a splash art update a while ago but that kind of fell by the wayside. Any news on that front, or something along the lines of a new skin or VU? She looks so dated next to champions like Karthus now!

Icedteaisgood

06-29-2014

Bump. Her last skin was from 2011, so I'd love to see what you guys could put out now!

Learn 2 Swim

06-29-2014

Quote:
zeeh:
I know she was due for a splash art update a while ago but that kind of fell by the wayside. Any news on that front, or something along the lines of a new skin or VU? She looks so dated next to champions like Karthus now!

She will get a VU with massive nerfs since dooshcrawler hates assassins. Better to just not mention her name at all and hope that Riot forgets about her.

VeryBadVlad

Recruiter

06-29-2014

Why? She just got a buff when S4 started with all the stealth vision nerfs. Now you have to spend 100 gold and not have a full build just to see her.

Amy Khal

06-29-2014

Akali VU or ultimate skin pls thanks

Icedteaisgood

06-29-2014

Quote:
MetaCosmos:
Why? She just got a buff when S4 started with all the stealth vision nerfs. Now you have to spend 100 gold and not have a full build just to see her.

Her visual quality isn't really related to her in game power.

Icedteaisgood

06-29-2014

Quote:
Amy Khal:
Akali VU or ultimate skin pls thanks

An ultimate skin would be awesome, but Akali is probably on the bottom of the list when it comes to who's likely to get one. Given one ultimate skin per year, I'm not going to hold my breath

A VU is more likely, as she definitely needs one. Does she need one more than the rest of the release/early champs that haven't gotten one yet? I don't know. My hope is that Riot sees Akali as a "low cost" VU, similar to Garen. They also have a lot of room to work with there, as she doesn't have all that much of a personality, and her visuals are generally just bland and open to some re-imagination.

Her joke is just old, for instance. When she came out and matchmaking was a hot topic issue, it was funny. Now it is awkward. And the spell effect for her passive is also rather awkward. Oh, her hands glow red and green? Right, because it... represents balance...? It made sense when her passive had a threshold for activation, but now that it is always on you have to ask why a ninja assassin has Christmas lights up her sleeves.

Also, she could definitely use some new splash art(s). While I don't want to badmouth someone's work, it's not really up to the quality of Riot these days. At all. Also, I don't know what happened to her in the Crimson Akali splash, but people should never make that shape.

Akali is SO HOT

06-29-2014

Just don't **** up the sideboobs and I'll be happy.

Icedteaisgood

06-29-2014

Quote:
Akali is SO HOT:
Just don't **** up the sideboobs and I'll be happy.

Yes. The sideboob is Akali's swordboots, and it must stay.

Stillwin

06-30-2014

Bump!