Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You are the reason Dominion is dying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

06-21-2014

Quote:
Fabs457:
People hold elo to too high of a regard, considering there's maybe 1 or 2 handful of players who actually sit in that super high range with Sauron and co, otherwise its truncated combinations of 1700ish+ being shoved into a single match. To me it doesn't matter... it shouldn't matter, and it really shouldn't reflect your enjoyability of the mode.

*sigh*

There's no good way to say this, but it simply isn't true. I float around 2200-2300 ELO as confirmed by LSI when it pulled hidden MMR for about 4 hours - in that time i also remember Volandum being around 2350, and i think i saw like some 1800-2000 range people. Nowadays im probably about 100 elo down from my b8erade loss streak and just generally not tryharding.

All academic, but there is a bit more of a gradient than "5-10 super high elo players and then 1700 elo spam".

Quote:
Fabs457:
Ultimately the community shouldn't be at fault. You all deserve better from Riot, its their fault people are bored, pissed off and have nothing to work towards. Its actually pretty amazing its lasted as long as it has.

This is ultimately the truth. Not to blame Riot but the fact is we continue to be mismanaged and ignored on a level that makes the stealth rework look like top quality project management. We are turning on each other and the community is shrinking though.

As for what else I could say... I don't really have anything else coherent. We just need to be more positive, maybe a bit more serious, and stop infighting.

Romantic Metro

06-21-2014

I think the *sigh* bit is a part of it RC. You come off as snobbish and bro you're "high elo" but let's be real if everyone were to come back and play do you really think you'd be above 2000? I mean I understand you're a messiah and everything but this has been going on for awhile now. You're a good player but most people that are high elo right now have to realize it's pretty inflated comparatively to like 6 months ago.

Redeemed In Fire

06-21-2014

The sigh was because of that. There is really no way to talk ELO without coming off as snobbish so I figured I'd just write it in my post style. All i can do (and i suppose i should have said) i was merely pointing out that ELO is still more of a gradient than Fabs was implying.

Naethyn

06-21-2014

Quote:
Romantic Metro:
I think the *sigh* bit is a part of it RC. You come off as snobbish and bro you're "high elo" but let's be real if everyone were to come back and play do you really think you'd be above 2000? I mean I understand you're a messiah and everything but this has been going on for awhile now. You're a good player but most people that are high elo right now have to realize it's pretty inflated comparatively to like 6 months ago.

This. I actually enjoy not being the worst player on the team. Everyone wants change, but I like dominion just the way it is. A place where I can Teemo and enjoy it (and win).

Malah

06-21-2014

Sure, you can do that, which is why you're cancer and everyone hates you.

TheLittlestLulu

06-22-2014

This mode became dead to me the moment the support role in SR became fun to me again. I just can't stand what this community became.

Soul of Infirc

06-22-2014

While i agree with most of your points i'll disagree with one:

SMurfing: personally i'm a really low elo player and used to be even lower and before the smurfing got out of hand every single damn game i'd get qued with the bad-type of Sr player and i don't mena the nice ones the nice ones usually don't play DOminion but respect it toa degree i mean the REALLY bad-type either with one or more than one ina single game i mean the type of sr players that goes like "is jsut dominion so i can afk and troll whenever i damn want, there's a reason LCs is not DOminion blah blah " bull****, it got so bad that if you dropped to negative win ratio you'd have a free ride in afk Elo drop train where games would get to a point so ridicolous that you could never count on the size of the team it went anything from one team having 4 afks and the other team being full to both teams having between 2 to 4 afk players Hell you couldn't even count with players buying items even if theywere actually playing and they'd afk for the most petty matters like someone "ksing" them and i'm not even scratching the surface of petty reasons of why people afked. then the high elos with unbelievable queue times started smurfing and that smurfing started weeding out the players with that "just Dominion" mentality suddenly i was able to get out of there and started having full games yes still in low Elo but i no longer see an afk: smurfing in the low elos means there's a DOminion player behind that screen a player that won't afk and ruin your experience by the simple reason of not being there: a smurfing player means DOminion is more accessible because you are no longer relying on the random chance of not getting a player with a dumb mentality, what if new players get rolled a couple of time??, that happens on Sr as well, if they really liked the mode they'll eventually learn, and playing against and with the higher elo players will teach them faster and better than actually playing against and with afks.
The pros of having people smurfing in DOminion far outweight the cons, SMurfing in DOminion is more of a necessary evil and a gamemode savior than a killer.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

I took the liberty of dividing your text into paragraphs and adding some punctuation and fixing some minor errors, in order to make it easier to read. Please don't be mad, I do not wish to make fun of you if you have some sort of reading disability, but the text was challenging to read due to the general lack of punctuation. I found the message interesting so I wanted people to actually read it instead of skipping it.

Quote:
Soul of Infirc:
While I agree with most of your points I'll disagree with one:

Smurfing: Personally I'm a really low elo player and used to be even lower and before the smurfing got out of hand every single damn game I'd get queued with the bad-type of SR player and I don't mean the nice ones. The nice ones usually don't play Dominion but respect it to a degree, I mean the REALLY bad-type, either with one or more than one in a single game. I mean the type of SR players that goes like "It is just Dominion so I can afk and troll whenever I damn want, there's a reason LCs is not Dominion, blah blah." bull****, it got so bad that if you dropped to negative win ratio you'd have a free ride in "afk Elo drop train".

In "afk Elo drop train" games would get to a point so ridiculous that you could never count on the size of the team, it went anything from one team having 4 afks and the other team being full to both teams having between 2 to 4 afk players. Hell, you couldn't even count on players buying items, even if they were actually playing. They'd afk for the most petty matters like someone "ksing" them and I'm not even scratching the surface of petty reasons of why people afked.

Then the high elos with unbelievable queue times started smurfing, and that smurfing started weeding out the players with that "just Dominion" mentality. Suddenly I was able to get out of there and started having full games. Yes, I'm still in low Elo, but I no longer see an afk: smurfing in the low elos means there's a Dominion player behind that screen that won't afk and ruin your experience by the simple reason of not being there. A smurfing player means Dominion is more accessible because you are no longer relying on the random chance of not getting a player with a dumb mentality. What if new players get rolled a couple of times? That happens on SR as well, if they really liked the mode they'll eventually learn, and playing against and with the higher elo players will teach them faster and better than actually playing against and with afks.

The pros of having people smurfing in Dominion far outweigh the cons, smurfing in Dominion is more of a necessary evil and a gamemode savior than a killer.

Penteano

06-22-2014

I think people exagerate on this. In EUW we survive in Dom without an active forum and DD. I believe Dom will be the same in NA but at least you guys managed to keep this forum active and some EUW players come to post here too. If Riot manage to have another server as big as NA or EUW Dominion will exist there too and so on.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

@Penteano: Some good points. The majority of the people I see in games don't seem to hang out in the EUW Dominion chat room, yet they are the ones that keep queueing and queueing and giving us games. It was nice having an active chat room (the current one is mostly dead, it's mostly 40 people sitting in silence), but it's not really necessary. I suppose we moved the chat room discussions to Arranged Team Chat, heh... And direct messaging, as well.

As for the forum, EUW proof that you don't need a good Dominion forum to have a good Dominion community. Our forum has been basically dead for years now. Still, it's nice having a forum to post in, and it'd be a shame if people abandoned the NA forum.

It should be noted that just because EUW manages without a forum and active chat room doesn't mean NA will. EUW has a larger player base than NA, and from the data I've seen, the EUW Dominion player base is also larger. I suppose that's the reason our queue-times are not quite as bad as the NA queue-times, though they're still by no means good.

NA has always been better at getting low-mid elo players into their chat room. Even when it was the most active, we rarely had more than say 70 people in our chat room. I suspect the DominateDominion stream being featured helped quite a bit, and Feedski is probably a very important reason for why the DD chat room is so populated.