Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You are the reason Dominion is dying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaGeZzZ

06-19-2014

Quote:
The Fizznity:
It's roughly equivalent to pecs terror queues in slightly less unreasonable form.

So you're saying that they shouldn't be allowed to play with their friends because they play well?

stormfallen

06-19-2014

I think it's the fact that there simply aren't enough other good players in queue to make a fair match when there's a strong premade.

Dbanger21

06-19-2014

A few months ago I would play dominion almost exclusively. Part of the reason I stopped was because I would see some of the well-known "high dominion elo" people harassing and bullying teammates after every loss. I understand wanting to help other players, but calling them mentally retarded for not rushing BFT or building Ap rather than Mpen is ridiculous, especially when these same people would show up on reddit or these forums telling people "Dominion has a great community!!!".

Behold the Void

06-19-2014

I don't feel that lower ELO is a wasteland at all, my friends who are in the 1,000 range generally don't have trouble queuing up. My wife and I are in the 1,200-1,300 range and we wait about a minute. We regularly 5-man with some other friends and tend to come in at 1,000-1,1000 and on some nights we can consistently run into other 5-man teams. I would say if Dominate Dominion ceased to exist tomorrow the mode would still probably continue on unimpeded, it'd just impact the quickness in which we get patches that address active concerns. There's a whole group of players down at the bottom who are playing and having fun that have no connection to the community at all, and honestly I think that's a pretty good thing. The idea should be to draw in more players like this who will beef out our numbers and help grow demand for things like Ranked.

Frankly I've not really been too keen to join the Dominion community despite playing the game mode exclusively for many of the reasons Rachael mentioned. I'd love to help promotion stuff, maybe assist in setting up tournaments for lower level players or do some casting but I was told point blank that if I'm not high ELO I don't matter so it won't be helpful. And that's ****. I feel like the community isn't willing to recognize value in people who have skills that could be helpful for promotion of the mode because they don't have an inherent skill or the time necessary to be the Very Best that No-one Ever Was. If you look at a lot of the mainline Riot devs, many of them aren't top top level players but they're still capable of designing the game because they are experienced game designers. Not all of the promotion people are top top level players because they are skilled in PR and marketing. High ELO is not and should not be the end all and be all if someone wants to get involved and help the mode grow the community should be working to find a place to put them where they can do some good.

Also, I've been appalled at the treatment of MWAB and the other Rioters by some folks (other folks are very polite and grateful which is awesome so I HOPE it all balances out but I wonder sometimes). MWAB is our only dedicated dev and I feel like he is doing good stuff for us, you can argue about the Soul Anchor's value all you want but that was a pretty big deal and it was all done by him just for us, and he tries to keep on top of the bugs and other issues as well. We should be grateful and working to open regular communication with him and make his job easier, not complain all the time and immediately demand more after he's just completed enormous projects. Because if the Dominion game mode is seen as a pain in the ass to work with since the community is ****, all that's going to get us is a revolving door of devs who get assigned to us for awhile until they can beg and plead enough to get out and real potential abandonment by Riot.

GET REKT FGT

06-19-2014

I'm going to be honest, I stated this a year ago, nobody took me seriously. Does nobody remember the drama I had with Nerdock because I beat his cheesy champ (Malz) with a cheesier champ (Diana)? How I commented on the elitism that has been in this game (not just this mode)?

Don't get me wrong, I haven't been playing for a while, but DD has been dead for a long time. Rachel, I've played with you tons of time, not all of us High ELO'rs are elitist, sure I tend to joke around all the time but that's because things shouldn't be serious.

I contribute constantly, even by small amounts when I'm online whether it be for the funnies or if someone is asking what/how to play. I don't play with them because I despise waiting 20-30 minutes for queues simply put, but it's not out of ignoring them (I've actually returned to SR realizing that the time that I waste waiting for a Dominion queue I can actually play something else).

The community is what you make it; I've been here as one of the longest players here since Dom's insurrection. The community hasn't changed, it's just the mode is actually dead so you can't tune out what you don't want to read/see. Blame it on the game mode but the community hasn't changed much, if at all since I've been here, and I tend to try to stay in the shadows (because I blend into them easily).

Rachael Passive

06-19-2014

Quote:
Behold the Void:
I don't feel that lower ELO is a wasteland at all, my friends who are in the 1,000 range generally don't have trouble queuing up. My wife and I are in the 1,200-1,300 range and we wait about a minute. We regularly 5-man with some other friends and tend to come in at 1,000-1,1000 and on some nights we can consistently run into other 5-man teams. I would say if Dominate Dominion ceased to exist tomorrow the mode would still probably continue on unimpeded, it'd just impact the quickness in which we get patches that address active concerns. There's a whole group of players down at the bottom who are playing and having fun that have no connection to the community at all, and honestly I think that's a pretty good thing. The idea should be to draw in more players like this who will beef out our numbers and help grow demand for things like Ranked.

Frankly I've not really been too keen to join the Dominion community despite playing the game mode exclusively for many of the reasons Rachael mentioned. I'd love to help promotion stuff, maybe assist in setting up tournaments for lower level players or do some casting but I was told point blank that if I'm not high ELO I don't matter so it won't be helpful. And that's ****. I feel like the community isn't willing to recognize value in people who have skills that could be helpful for promotion of the mode because they don't have an inherent skill or the time necessary to be the Very Best that No-one Ever Was. If you look at a lot of the mainline Riot devs, many of them aren't top top level players but they're still capable of designing the game because they are experienced game designers. Not all of the promotion people are top top level players because they are skilled in PR and marketing. High ELO is not and should not be the end all and be all if someone wants to get involved and help the mode grow the community should be working to find a place to put them where they can do some good.

Also, I've been appalled at the treatment of MWAB and the other Rioters by some folks (other folks are very polite and grateful which is awesome so I HOPE it all balances out but I wonder sometimes). MWAB is our only dedicated dev and I feel like he is doing good stuff for us, you can argue about the Soul Anchor's value all you want but that was a pretty big deal and it was all done by him just for us, and he tries to keep on top of the bugs and other issues as well. We should be grateful and working to open regular communication with him and make his job easier, not complain all the time and immediately demand more after he's just completed enormous projects. Because if the Dominion game mode is seen as a pain in the ass to work with since the community is ****, all that's going to get us is a revolving door of devs who get assigned to us for awhile until they can beg and plead enough to get out and real potential abandonment by Riot.

^ this so much this <3, your second paragraph pretty much explains what I meant by "second class citizen"

Behold the Void

06-19-2014

Quote:
Rachael Passive:
^ this so much this <3, your second paragraph pretty much explains what I meant by "second class citizen"

Thank you! And for the record I've played with you in a few in-houses and found you to be suitably terrifying enough to try to murder you first, so if you're ever looking for a few more people to game with feel free to drop us a line! I can't guarantee my crew is the best out there and we're all a bit neurotic but we like to play and have fun.

Rachael Passive

06-19-2014

Quote:
Behold the Void:
Thank you! And for the record I've played with you in a few in-houses and found you to be suitably terrifying enough to try to murder you first, so if you're ever looking for a few more people to game with feel free to drop us a line! I can't guarantee my crew is the best out there and we're all a bit neurotic but we like to play and have fun.

I added you ^_^ as long as there is no rage, I don't really care lol

Worst Ali Ever

06-19-2014

I agree with rachel there.

JamesLeBoss

06-20-2014

I don't know about anyone else, but a lot of the complaints about the community's attitude towards lower elo makes me think that they walked into Evansu rambling about riot balancing/spewing out elitist remarks, people trash talking xander,the generic insult between people who are in the same bracket, and salt mines, delicious salt mines.

AFAIK, there hasn't been any recent incidents outside of what I mentioned, where someone just straight up talks down on a knew guy who isn't high elo and directly treats them like a second class citizen.

BTW I'm strictly talking about DD chat, I have no idea what goes on in individual games, the DD community =/= the dominion community. Rudelords like Lyoku have nothing to do with DD.