Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You are the reason Dominion is dying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

06-19-2014

Quote:
Genericke:
I've distanced myself a fair bit from the community lately, and I feel a lot healthier because of it.

The egos and entitlement in this community is absolutely wild.

Moving on though, keep this in mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfqO7zmd0oA

Oh genericke...

I have no words...

wolferer

06-19-2014

I've noticed some random hostility in some threads here. People who are "high elo" need to care more about the rest of the community, because they're the ones that make the game go. They're the ones that fill up the elo brackets so people can get into the high elo matches. They're the ones who tuned in to dominion tournament streams. They're the ones who could get us ranked, if they stick around and their numbers grow.

On the flip side, you have to realize that people get emotionally and egotistically invested in LOL. I've said things I shouldn't have in game plenty of times, and that's fine, it happens in the heat of the moment. You need to try your best to be positive, and everyone else needs to understand that not everyone is perfect.

There's a ton of new faces in the "high elo" scene these days. People need to be receptive to new people, and new people should try to pick up some of the slack that the old Dominion names left behind. Post in the forums, write some guides, help some people.

Hypnos8

06-19-2014

well, this post came less than 24h after I had an 1 hour conversation with ppl at the DD chat, and the conversation was all about random things. I dont get why we shouldnt have random conversations, i was just making new friends, and indeed i had a great time there. At the end of it, we were saying "Oh G'd i love DD chat." At the end of it, i added 3 friends and am going to queue with them soon. At the same time, a guy asked us to queue and we answered him. i didnt queued because it was 4am here. I dont see those conversations like a negative thing, it helps the community to get united. About the premade and the high elo complex, I agree it is a bad thing.
Brazilian dom comunity is the best gaming comunity i ever knew, and prob it is because they know they are REALLY at the verge of dieing. NA is getting the tournment back, and we do inhouses with people of all elos. At the same time, a lot of people try to teach friends how to play and how to get better, as I am doing. I am new to NA community but I dont feel like things are that bad.

Rachael Passive

06-19-2014

Quote:
Hypnos8:
well, this post came less than 24h after I had an 1 hour conversation with ppl at the DD chat, and the conversation was all about random things. I dont get why we shouldnt have random conversations, i was just making new friends, and indeed i had a great time there. At the end of it, we were saying "Oh G'd i love DD chat." At the end of it, i added 3 friends and am going to queue with them soon. At the same time, a guy asked us to queue and we answered him. i didnt queued because it was 4am here. I dont see those conversations like a negative thing, it helps the community to get united. About the premade and the high elo complex, I agree it is a bad thing.
Brazilian dom comunity is the best gaming comunity i ever knew, and prob it is because they know they are REALLY at the verge of dieing. NA is getting the tournment back, and we do inhouses with people of all elos. At the same time, a lot of people try to teach friends how to play and how to get better, as I am doing. I am new to NA community but I dont feel like things are that bad.

I never said they were a bad thing, I am saying that sometimes I see people being ignored because of them, I specifically said that DD chat doesn't have to be 24/7 dominion.

Northpaw

06-19-2014

I haven't been a part of this community in any meaningful way since like November, but I do miss a lot of the people. I suppose ironically, getting involved in DD tournaments for months pushed me away from the game because of the stress and time commitments. While I was active, I tried to be a positive member of the community, mostly by not being negative since I'm not talkative anyway. I still don't miss the game much, but I do miss the people.

At least for a while, this community felt a bit like a brotherhood, which means quite a bit coming from one as aloof as I. I truly wish the best for Dominion as a game mode and a community, but I think my interest in this game has run its course. That being said, it's sad to hear about the current state of the community. I hope it can rebound and be better than ever.

By the way, if anyone here enjoys shooters, there's a free to play mech shooter on Steam, Hawken, that has a similarly small and mostly positive community. I've been playing it for a few months now and can recommend it. Let me know if you want to try it out.

Divine Entity

06-19-2014

I am the dark knight. The community hates me, but i do all the dirty deeds that need to be done for your survival.

RaGeZzZ

06-19-2014

Quote:
The Fizznity:

I'm sorry, watching Snide and Fanc-ples and Acoustic and whoever the hell B8erade is send me on a 15 game losing streak sucks the little fun left out of the mode.

What exactly did these people do wrong? I no understando

Redeemed In Fire

06-19-2014

Quote:
RaGeZzZ:
What exactly did these people do wrong? I no understando

It's roughly equivalent to pecs terror queues in slightly less unreasonable form.

Romantico Jaguar

06-19-2014

I agree with Rachael 100%. Y'all Muthaf*ckas need Jesus.

XxDesire69xX

06-19-2014

What u r $aying hurt my feeling$ real bad, I'm $orry I'm want to win/play game$. The fact that my $killz prevent$ u$ from being friend$, make me cri evertim. However for those of you who still believe in me hit me up on my main Fancy Wolf for dominion tip$ and trick$.

Hug hug, kiss kiss, hug hug, big kiss, little hug, kiss kiss, little kiss.
XxDesire69xX - Killing Dominion with a Smile