Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You are the reason Dominion is dying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cercio

06-25-2014

Quote:
Northpaw:
I haven't been a part of this community in any meaningful way since like November, but I do miss a lot of the people. I suppose ironically, getting involved in DD tournaments for months pushed me away from the game because of the stress and time commitments. While I was active, I tried to be a positive member of the community, mostly by not being negative since I'm not talkative anyway. I still don't miss the game much, but I do miss the people.

At least for a while, this community felt a bit like a brotherhood, which means quite a bit coming from one as aloof as I. I truly wish the best for Dominion as a game mode and a community, but I think my interest in this game has run its course. That being said, it's sad to hear about the current state of the community. I hope it can rebound and be better than ever.

Truth

A12MO12

06-26-2014

lots of jellynecks. Long queue times, DD chat turned into a drama chat, smurfs as far as the eye can see, many premades with pretty strong comps, and the tournament dying out. That pretty much sealed it for me.

I play SR and ARAM now but still occasionally play a dominion game and mentor some players in dominion. It is sad to see the mode get to this state especially if you played it before the DD tournaments.

Prince Attila

08-03-2014

Black people piss chocolate milk.

David12596

08-03-2014

Quote:
Tadidam:
The reason Dominion is dying is because Riot is making an awful job at supporting it. At this point I believe they just want to see the mode fade away.

I'm not really holding my breath for heroes of the storm though. The game is pretty bland and so over-simplified it's ridiculous. For a good replacement, Infinite Crisis is doing a great job imho.

I would go as far to say that saying IC is doing a great job would be a understatement. They are doing a outstanding job. Granted they have made some small mistakes in the past that kinda wanted me to face palm my head against a wall several thousand times, but the fact that they made adjustments to champion because they where problematic in GH and are actively taking feedback from it's community more then makes up for a few mistakes.

Reviren

08-03-2014

Just... Why did someone have to necro this.

Rachael Passive

08-04-2014

please let this die again...

Poppy Seed Oil

08-04-2014

Yup, you are exactly right Rachel. When i started to get into high elo, i wanted to get involved in the community. I joined dd chat, a few inhouses, posted on the forums and quickly realized all the things you just previously mentioned about the dom community. And after last week when there were only 4 teams to enter the tourney, dom didnt feel serious anymore. I dont think anyone took that tourney seriously. Come on now, only 4 teams and no prizes, why even bother trying. I have been almost exclusively soloqing and of the people i do play with, they have no affiliation with the dom community or they don't have any anymore. Sick and tired of going into chat and hearing people post random stuff and acting like cocky dbags.

Koravel

08-04-2014

Eh the tourney was more like "I can play a few good games that are better than they would be in solo queue." If you decided to throw just because prizes were not involved, not really sure what that says, tbh.

Eiladen

09-05-2014

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/58736665

Reviren

09-05-2014

Stop bringing this thread back to life, holy ****