Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You are the reason Dominion is dying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

06-24-2014

Quote:
NaturalForce:
I wish I can get in the alpha =(

You're not missing much. Alpha sucks pretty hard for new comers due to the lack of influx. If you get in now you're faced with 4+ minute wait times for Cooperative mode. Even then you normally don't have enough for a full group so the system adds 1-2 AI bots on your side.

Even Versus mode has Q times equal to Dominion's averages for anyone not stuck in high MMR on a standard evening. Shortest I've had in HotS so far is 2.5 minutes, longest is roughly 4-ish.

That, and honestly I think most people are better off waiting until they work out some of the gameplay pattern hick-ups. Character power feels really static and flat. Objectives are so penalizing that in most cases first team to get it wins. Two good objectives on anything but the pirate map all but guarantees victory (that one requires at least three rotations if your team can't lane shove hard between them). Leavers and bad connections are also out in full force.

Just wait for the Beta.

Hypnos8

06-24-2014

Well, comming back to the topic main reason:
Yesterday I played with other DD chat players at an inhouse a guy made. Everything was really cool and I decided it would be a good idea to train champions I am new with, at the same time that i invited my friend who is new to LOL and newer to dominion, altough is really interested in the game and helps a lot the DD community.
I may say i did two bad decisions, and my friend did some bad plays and decisions too. I tried to apologize but a guy at my team started to rage against us, instead of realizing it an inhouse (if you are so concerned about elo, dont worry, it wont drop lol) and this is where DD people come to have fun with friends and help newer players to get used to the game. Or at least i thought it was. No, I wont quote names.
Seriously, i see no reason on all this. If you want to play only with high elo players, go to your 20 mins queue and have fun. Otherwise, just get into a inhouse and try to have fun, winning or not. If you are too angry to play, just leave it to another day.
No, i am not saying DD comunity is bad. 90% of the other players at the game ignored the rage and stayed positive (thx pooters). I like it the way it is, and i do belive this rage is more likely to happen on a SR game. Yet, this problem yesterday was, by all means, no fun.

konfetarius

06-24-2014

Quote:
Shortest I've had in HotS so far is 2.5 minutes, longest is roughly 4-ish.

That celerity be ambrosia, mon.

Quote:
Objectives are so penalizing that in most cases first team to get it wins.

That's more of a symptom of matchmaking induced stomps. When I get even teams, first objective doesn't really guarantee a win, especially if the team that got objective'd on countered with a jungle sweep; or the whole early vs. late game shenanigans, etc.

Matchmaking does suck, though, but hey, even the ****tiest matchmaking resulted in me having more fun there than in Dom in a long time. Because I actually get to play games.

rito, mmr reset where.

Fancy Wolf

06-24-2014

Quote:
konfetarius:
snip

I got my Alpha invite while I was at MLG, sooo I think I know what im going to stream tomorrow.

Flore

Recruiter

06-24-2014

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
I got my Alpha invite while I was at MLG, sooo I think I know what im going to stream tomorrow.

#BringPreseaBack

Fancy Wolf

06-24-2014

Quote:
Flore:
#BringPreseaBack

I KNOW!!!! Im trying to get around to tales again. once poples leaves Im probably gonna be streaming alot to make up for all the missed time

Romantic Metro

06-24-2014

Quote:
Hypnos8:
snip

His name is Half; Haifhearted's evil twin.

Tadidam

06-25-2014

The reason Dominion is dying is because Riot is making an awful job at supporting it. At this point I believe they just want to see the mode fade away.

I'm not really holding my breath for heroes of the storm though. The game is pretty bland and so over-simplified it's ridiculous. For a good replacement, Infinite Crisis is doing a great job imho.

Koravel

06-25-2014

If anyone likes the SR style of gameplay, but with faster gameplay and more kills, as well as an interactive quest system that has several different quests that can be chosen, AND you get to choose summoner spells after the game starts, I'd encourage you to check out Sins of a Dark Age.

If anyone knows Sins of a Solar Empire, its made by the same guys, obviously a totally different genre.

FRlG OFF BARB

06-25-2014

THECHANGE.jpg