League of Legends Presents: Co-op vs. AI

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dominich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-20-2011

Nice nice

Kiddalee

01-20-2011

That was unexpected.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

01-20-2011
27 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
There are only 2 difficulty settings optimized which is beginner and intermediate, do you ever plan on having an advanced difficulty setting?
I can't promise anything at this time, but it's certainly something we are considering.

Quote:
Also how is the level of difficulty activated ingame? Do you just click it in a pop screen after the game begins or it predetermined?
You select difficulty when entering the matchmaking queue. Check out the last screenshot included in the first post of this thread.

Quote:
Also are difficulty settings based on ELO or something else completely?
Anyone can queue up for any difficulty they choose. For now the system will attempt to match players of similar summoner level, but will ignore ELO. In the case of premades, the host selects a difficulty for the team to play against.

The1topwnall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Like custom games will this game count towards your score? As far as leaves wins and losses go. If so there's no point to play it and you should just play solo que

Sayan

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
I can't promise anything at this time, but it's certainly something we are considering.

You select difficulty when entering the matchmaking queue. Check out the last screenshot included in the first post of this thread.

Anyone can queue up for any difficulty they choose. For now the system will attempt to match players of similar summoner level, but will ignore ELO. In the case of premades, the host selects a difficulty for the team to play against.
Cool beans...

I understand this is for newer players but I would really like an advanced bot for veteran players, maybe later I suppose...

Sayan

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1topwnall View Post
Like custom games will this game count towards your score? As far as leaves wins and losses go. If so there's no point to play it and you should just play solo que
Its co-op, it's different from normal and ranked so no I don't think the score will be totaled up but its still IP/XP...

rjcombo

Lead Designer

01-21-2011
28 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1topwnall View Post
Like custom games will this game count towards your score?
Stats for this mode are tracked separately from normal and ranked games.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

01-21-2011
29 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
Its co-op, it's different from normal and ranked so no I don't think the score will be totaled up but its still IP/XP...
Correct. You'll earn more XP and IP for this mode than for custom games, plus have the benefit of matchmaking queues.

TBones

01-21-2011

Is it legal to LEAVE in a bot game? :P

Soltanis

01-21-2011

Not too impressed by the UI, unfortunately I can't really pin point what I feel is wrong about it. so it must be something minor.

Edit: The buttons and tabs are not very defined making the page look like a single long page. Also the orange buttons are out of place and ugly.