Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If Not NA, Then Are We Nothing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yo Soy Tag

08-12-2014

OP turned from someone trying to express their feelings/make a point, into someone who went all aggro when people disagreed. There's debating, and then there's acting like a child :P You get taken a lot less seriously when you act like an entitled jerk. When you start insulting people, you start sounding less and less intelligent.

Everyone in this thread should just listen to Korynth's sentence:

No one cares if players are imported from other areas. We just want a scene where 60% of a team has to be from the region they are playing in.

Ironwill

08-12-2014

Quote:
Yo Soy Tag:
OP turned from someone trying to express their feelings/make a point, into someone who went all aggro when people disagreed.

There's debating, and then there's acting like a child :P You get taken a lot less seriously when you act like an entitled jerk. When you start insulting people, you start sounding less and less intelligent.

Everyone in this thread should just listen to Korynth's sentence:
No one cares if players are imported from other areas. We just want a scene where 60% of a team has to be from the region they are playing in.

The OP went all aggro because the people didn't try to debate or disagree, they tried to make lies out of what the OP said in his post, and then tell the listening world THAT is what he wrote. That is why the OP went all aggro. There was no "debate" from them, there was only a "crowing" or "bragging" off of their fabricated words that they tried to pass off as the original poster's.

Go look at Turbine Pro's post disagreeing about LMQ's presence here and look at how I treated him...with respect. That's how it works in this world, you respect someone and they respect you back. You come out and make lies and disrespect someone and you deserve whatever comes your way in response. I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees in their responses, just so long as they are respectful in how they do it. And flat out lying is not one of those ways.

But the sad part is, you didn't come here to agree or disagree. You simply came here to insult someone, just like them. But I am a Man of far greater character than you will ever be. And because of that, I am going to delete any insulting responses, leaving only this "debate" you speak of. But even then, it probably won't matter to you. Because you are one of those people that search for drama, in order to insult someone and get your "happiness fix" on for the day. You'll get another shot in here, then you'll move on to another post and hit them, and then move on somewhere else. Because its simply what people like you do. You thrive off of and receive joy from creating anger or misery in others. In the gaming world, we call you "TOXIC"

And you know how I know this about you? Go to your reply and look at whats after the word Child. ......Enough said.

Tbird

08-12-2014

Quote:
Grizzels:
Simply put if LMQ wins worlds China will take the credit.

Basically this. If LMQ wins will the NA scene really think that they have improved?

Will Koreans say that NA was just better than we were this year?

The answer is a resounding no. LMQ will 100% be looked at as a Chinese team and compared against the other LPL teams rather than the NA teams.

Bub Bidderskins

08-15-2014

Quote:
Tbird:
Basically this. If LMQ wins will the NA scene really think that they have improved?

Will Koreans say that NA was just better than we were this year?

The answer is a resounding no. LMQ will 100% be looked at as a Chinese team and compared against the other LPL teams rather than the NA teams.

Truer words could not have been stated. LMQ is posturing to potentially steal a Worlds spot from a deserving NA team.

Korynth

08-15-2014

Found this on reddit, it didn't get much response but I felt it was relevant

"The NA LCS has a huge problem and everyone knows it. The NA LCS has teams in which foreign players out number the NA players on the current team. Now, I am not asking or suggesting RIOT ban or kicked these teams. I would like them to comment at least or say something because multiple post across the League community have commented or brought up this fact and RIOT has remained silent. And, I even have what I feel are fair and just rules RIOT could implement.
All future teams attempting to join a LCS must contain 60%(3 out of 5) players from the region they are attempting to join. (This is the same rule that LPL currently has in place)
Any team that is currently in the LCS safe from the 60% rule, BUT if a team is below the 60% mark and a player not from current region is removed/quits that spot must be filled with a player from the current region. This rule holds true until the 60% mark is reached.
I am aware that NA is the only current region with this problem. But, how long before a team from another region thinks they can compete and win the LCS in Europe and gives it a try and kicks one of the long time teams out of the EU LCS."

Link to post on reddit.http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._na_situation/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2dnp78/has_or_will_riot_ever_comment_on_the_na_situation/)

Ironwill

08-15-2014

Quote:
Korynth:
Found this on reddit, it didn't get much response but I felt it was relevant

"The NA LCS has a huge problem and everyone knows it. The NA LCS has teams in which foreign players out number the NA players on the current team. I would like them to comment at least or say something because multiple post across the League community have commented or brought up this fact and RIOT has remained silent. [/URL]

Unfortunately I don't believe RIOT or the PROS in NA are going to say anything. Why? Because this game is about money. The Pros won't comment against it because they'll lose ATLEAST half of their stream revenues from all the foreign ethnic gamers living in N.America and other countries watching their streams who will feel offended by their stance (perfect example... Dixie Chicks- look them up if you don't know about it). RIOT will not speak about it and I can guarantee you they've ordered all of their employees to keep the subject "gagged", including shoutcasters. The reason is once again money. There is NO PROFIT in it for Riot.... no upside, Only a DOWNSIDE. The minute they open their mouth to address it, people will move away from the game to another MOBA. That is a guarantee. How many depends on what they say, but it will happen if they speak.

You can see from their mindset concerning making an East Coast Server in NA. They specifically said its the "Last Thing we want to do". Why? There is absolutely NO PROFIT in it for them.

Ironwill

08-31-2014

Quote from the original post of this thread:

" OMG! LMQ and E.G. go with TSM to Worlds with our real NA teams C9 and CURSE getting their slots taken! screw this game!"

Another Quote from the original post of this thread:

2014 World Championships Representation: (based soley on teams avail, not records)
Team 1- 75% NA Team, Team 2- 71% NA team, Team 3- 66% NA Team

Congratulations RIOT! You just allowed, BY YOUR ACTIONS, China to be represented by 4 teams this year, and North America only 2 of the 3 slots we should have the right to call our own. This shows, ON YOUR BEHALF, as an internationally represented Esports at the World level, that you have no interest in protecting regional representative rights.

I will not be watching Worlds this Season as I am positive many NA gamers will not as well, thanks to YOUR actions . And until this "problem" of proper regional representation is corrected in the NA LCS bi laws, I will spend no further RP on this game. This may seem inconsequential to a lot of LMQ fans, but at some point in your life you have to make a stand against corrupt companies in power. But if you don't HOLD THAT GROUND, then what is the point of having ANY IDEALS AT ALL?

FantasticMax

08-31-2014

I'm 100% ok with LMQ representing NA at worlds. All 5 members live in Cali and to the best of my knowledge plan on staying here. They didn't buy there way into the LCS like EG did, they fought their way through the challenger scene and earned a spot in the LCS. Then while in the LCS they proved that they were one of the top 3 teams in NA. Over all LMQ being in the LCS has made the teams stronger than ever before and it is forcing the NA teams to adapt or be left behind. When LMQ came to the US they were a middle of the pack Chinese team, I'm interested to see how much they have improved since becoming a NA team. In the end I'll cheer for LMQ just like I'll cheer for all the NA teams and based on the "LMQ" chant after they won I expect a lot of NA fans to do the same.

Wrath of Kon

08-31-2014

Lmq has done nothing but work hard, respect and love the NA fans. I feel like they are more American than tsm. Stop qqing iron will and grow a brain.

Superflyado

09-01-2014

To me a NA team is a team that shares the thought of the community. Honestly idc if the team is not full 100% of NA ethnicity. What I care is if the players share the dream " We want to win worlds to show the world NA isn't just s***." If LMQ only came to NA to get a free trip to worlds and they don't share feelings of the community then f*** them; however, if LMQ wanted to win worlds and share the dream of the NA fans then ofc I will support them no matter what. So it doesn't matter if a is only 40% made up of true NA players, like TSM. As long as the players want to win so they can make a statement that NA is not just some s*** region in League of Legends, my support goes out to them.