Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to play against Jungle Eve as a mid laner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

johnk1006

06-18-2014

So today, I was playing as Orianna vs a Yasuo. I died to an Eve gank, so when I recalled, I bought a two pink wards. I warded the left side, and then I died, because Eve ganked from the right side.

How am I supposed to play against her when she can destroy my pink wards, and I am only limited to one pink ward at a time?

So frustrating.

Animorpherv1

06-18-2014

Ask the jungler to pink ward the other side and don't push up if you think you'll draw attention/won't be able to escape. Eve ganks aren't that difficult to avoid if you have decent mobility, even after she ganks you. Lots of champs have a dash/blick/jump/etc. and can get away from her.

Also, you get a short period of time when you can see her nearby you. As all her spells are short range, if you see her nearby, start walking backwards towards your turret. And use your mobility when you predict the ult. This will force her to either blow her W and catch up to you so she can Q all day, or run away without an ult.

In addition, you can ward her camps. If she stop to clear it, she'l lshow up on the map and you can ping where she is.

Hot Balls

06-19-2014

Also you can farm by the bush where the pink is so you can have some more time to react (Ward left side, Hug left side)

Zerglinglol

06-19-2014

Quote:
johnk1006:
So today, I was playing as Orianna vs a Yasuo. I died to an Eve gank, so when I recalled, I bought a two pink wards. I warded the left side, and then I died, because Eve ganked from the right side.

How am I supposed to play against her when she can destroy my pink wards, and I am only limited to one pink ward at a time?

So frustrating.

Are you serious or trolling? Obvious answer is to NOT push your lane. Yasuo's have a tendency to push lanes anyway, and against a heavy ganking jungler or Eve you just want the lane pushed towards you so you have protection of your turret. Only last hit minions and you can let it freeze mid or push to you.

Sephïroth

06-19-2014

As an Eve main, mid isn't a focus of mine unless they are pushed. Zergling is right, don't push the lane. I have no CC and cannot gank if you are not passed the halfway point in the lane. Also, if you see the enemy move forward, don't all in him unless you know you can burst him immediately and have enough for Eve if she does pop out, or at least enough to get away. This is everyone's biggest mistake against Eve.

There's two singular bushes in mid lane, and if you can get someone like the support to ward one with a pink, and you with the other ( You should get the pink trinket upgrade ASAP against Eve) you will see her coming most times. If she's a good Eve, she'll probably come in through the lane and the only give away will be mid laner's aggression. Sorry, but its true.

The thing most people forget about Eve is that if you CC her at the right time, she's basically useless. When you see her pop her speed boost( HEr w) then use your CC as soon as you can, she cannot remove slows and closing that game will not happen after that point. Also, do not let her get stacks on her W, stay out of her Q range if you can at all possible. It only takes one E or 2 Qs for her movement speed to be absurd.

Also, you can hold as many pink wards as you'd like you can only place one at a time. If you see her destroying one, cool free engage(If your team is willing). Just try and use them as bait, and communicate with your team you're doing so. Also, 100G to prevent a kill is worth it, even if you have to spend 300G to keep from feeding mid, it will be worth it. Also, if Eve doesn't snowball she is basically useless.