Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Test] Patch Error Fix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hammurabi88

01-20-2011

Ok, we got a file now but I'm still getting the "The launcher has experienced an error" error...

Eambo

Recruiter

01-20-2011

On the same file? :-(

hammurabi88

01-20-2011

Yup, [ERROR] Unable to verify source for expansion [E:\LoL Install\Air\META-INF\signatures.xml]

Eambo

Recruiter

01-20-2011

That file, along with application.xml, are a nightmare - they're very temperamental.

Give this a go:

http://wrench-box.com/League%20of%20Legends/Air/META-INF/signatures.xml

Right click, save, replace.

hammurabi88

01-20-2011

No luck.

YajyuuSushi

01-20-2011

the download went by a lil bit and than it still gave me the error...

Eambo

Recruiter

01-20-2011

Try this one:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5829287/signatures.xml

Eambo

Recruiter

01-20-2011

Yajyuu, can you post which [ERROR] you have in your patcher log? Thanks!

Bybloss

01-20-2011

Yes it put me in game. Actually IN GAME . I originally had the problem from system restore , then got the server and client version mismatch. The common fixes brought me to halt at 88%, erroring in the rad file , in which a fellow forum member passes me the rad file , then the error turned to LoL.exe then LoL.exe.cleint , which your script here fixed those. My suspect of a corrupted file due to an incomplete download may or may not have been correct thing to do . But it worked.

Mind you, I went thru your program about 10 times. It did not work the first time.

Hopefully I helped you. Great job on the fix!

Eambo

Recruiter

01-20-2011

Usually the patcher bombs out when packets are lost during transition, generally due to a network, firewall, or wireless issue. But hopefully this tool will help people out in the future. Thanks for testing, it's appreciated :-)