[Test] Patch Error Fix

1234511 ... 46
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Version: Matricus/Eambo 1.0.0.6
Intended Users: North-American users ONLY (NOT EU)
Intended to Fix: "Launcher Has Experienced An Error" Issue
Patch Version: Karma (1.0.0.110)

If this helped, give a comment or +1! :-)

What is it?

I've been working on a little patcher-error fixer (Launcher has experienced an error...) that will hopefully make resolving patcher errors that little bit easier.
Matricus has now coded a much more awesome version for us! :-) Massive thanks go out to Matricus (EU Wrenchman) for the improvements, and also for allowing the distribution of this program :-)

Note: This is designed for the error "The launcher has experienced an error" - not any other errors.

How does it work?

Essentially it checks the log file for an error, and it'll attempt to download a copy from my website. Due to the files being uploaded manually, it may be a few days out of date when a new patch hits - so check here first before using it!

How do I use it?

I'm working on improving this as best I can, however it's a work in progress :-) For now:

Download this file from one of the below links:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5829287/FixPatcher.exe
http://wrench-box.com/Files/FixPatcher.exe (Backup Link)

Run your patcher until it errors, then exit out.

Run the FixPatcher.exe

It should download the files automagically for you!

I recommend you make a backup of your League of Legends folde
r as always, as this is untested. If you feel like testing, please let me know if it works or breaks things! :-)

Does this work for EU?

No no no! Don't download this for EU! These files are for NA ONLY.

I've ran this, and it updated a file, but I'm getting the same error!

You may need to re-run this file a few times until you get through all the errors. You know this is working whenever the error changes (EG: It patches league of legends.exe, and the next error is lol.launcher.exe) - if you have multiple errors it's a process of error, re-run this file, re-run, error, repeat unfortunately.

I've ran this, it downloaded, but it threw up some error about my antivirus! GRR!

This error basically means that your newly downloaded file has been compared with the remote file, and they don't match. Why, whyyyy I hear you ask. Well basically, due to one of the following:

- A poor network connection has dropped packets along the way
- Wireless had dropped packets along the way
- An antivirus or firewall has interrupted the download
- Bad luck. In this scenario it should only happen once

Those are the four main reasons you would get this error.

Final Note:

This is no way endorsed, supported, or condoned by Riot. This is my own personal thing, furthered designed by Matricus :-)

I can't stress enough, this is untested. From what I can see it should work, but you should always backup your folder first!

Features

• Automatic detection of installation directory
  • If Automatic detection fails, manual failover (allow user to select path!)
  • Automated analysis of Patcher_Lib.log
  • Checking of online site to determine if file is available
  • If file available, allows option to download this file.
  • Allows backup of errored file
  • Graphical User Interface shows progress
  • File comparison compares filesizes of remote/local file to determine if download was successful.
  • Automated baseline error fix
  • Summary of fixes at the end!

Wait, this is an .exe file. Is this a virus?!

If you don't believe the people posting here that have had success with this file, here's a link to a virus scan of the files:

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/...8bf-1295704405

Previously PrevX had reported this file as a trojan, and I have since had this false-positive removed. I am in communications with K7 to also get that false-positive flag removed, and I will retest as soon as K7 can verify this for me :-)

Recent Changes:

02/04/2011:
[Fixed] - Program closed without warning when no error was found
[Enhancement] - Program will now check you have enough free disk space! :-)

Styx

01-20-2011

A few people have been experiencing no positive results with this (Do note i said a few and not all). However many thanks for this Eambo your work is much appreciated. Once fully functional I will use this program to help with these errors instead of using uploaded files.

I would advise all people testing this program to reply with the standing status after running it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

That's my reason for testing! Unfortunately I'm not able to fully test this on my own computer, however if you're running out of options it wouldn't hurt to give this a go :-)

Styx

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
That's my reason for testing! Unfortunately I'm not able to fully test this on my own computer, however if you're running out of options it wouldn't hurt to give this a go :-)
Correct. Well I hope this goes well.

Bybloss

01-20-2011

ive tried it. it seems to be doing its job but in the patcher it is still hung up on 88% , then 97% error . Is there a way to erase the cached file the patcher is tryin to dl and start again?

would removing the lol game version deploy files recycle the proccess?

Eambo

01-20-2011

The file has been updated, there was a few problems hehe.

Due to this problem, you may find that there's a folder instead of a file. Check your error log, find the folder, and delete it. For example:

[ERROR] Unable to verify source for expansion: [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe]

Would have made a folder called lol.launcher.exe - not a file. Erase these, and give it a try again :-)

hammurabi88

01-20-2011

Hey there, Eambo.

I've got the "The launcher has experienced an error" error every patch, so far.

Normally, I just sync with your ftp, however i can't seem to access the /League Of Legends directory atm.

Anywho, so I've just tried your program here and it's detecting:

[ERROR] Unable to verify source for expansion [E:\LoL Install\Air\META-INF\signatures.xml]

However, it seems to be downloading an empty folder instead of a file.

If you need more info just ask.

Thanks for the hard work you put in for this stuff. It's much appreciated .

EDIT: Beat me by a minute. Trying again.

EDIT2:

No folder this time, just sweet nothingness...

The file isn't getting modified. I tried renaming the file to see if it downloaded anything but nothing is turning up.

Could it have something to do with the fact it isn't installed to the default path?

Eambo

01-20-2011

hammurabi, I just caught onto that one, but thank you so much for feedback! this is exactly what I need :-) But redownload the file, should be fixed :-)

Edit: Also hammurabi, one of the reasons I'm putting this together is to save on resources on my FTP site, and also to make it easier on users. My host has locked down my FTP access due to excessive downloads, so getting this working is pretty important to me :-)

Bybloss

01-20-2011

ah. it worked. I removed the file it was downloading , and put in my docs for backup , then just let your patcher dl the rest. worked ! In this case, the file was LoL.exe

Eambo

01-20-2011

Bybloss, did it get you into the game okay?

Edit: hammurabi, run it one more time. I think I caught that error too, no need to redownload. Sorry!

1234511 ... 46