Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rengar vs Zed and assassins in general

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObeyTheWaves

06-18-2014

Hi, I've been forum lurking for a while now, but haven't been able to get a s4 specific answer to my question. So for in general, which assassin is better, Rengar or Zed. I've read rengars patch notes, yet I've still seen people manage to do really well with him in commentaries. For zed, i like his difficulty level and potential, but overall which of the two is more fun and lethal. Thanks

edit: my playstyle is typically, jungling then jumping in for ganks. I find that i tend to be pretty good at this and typically dont run mid.

AlphaReaper99

06-19-2014

Rengar is nore of a bruiser but can jungle better
Zed keeps getting hit by nerfs D: but can jungle a bit

Zed is more fun but more difficult and not as powerful.

ObeyTheWaves

06-19-2014

Quote:
Zed keeps getting hit by nerfs D: but can jungle a bit

Rengars been hit by so many nerfs and reworks its amazing, but in the end i went with him. if he gets touched again im refunding to zed though.

edit: still open to discussion

Amoralism

06-20-2014

Zed has more potential, rengar is pretty much binary faceroll

ObeyTheWaves

06-20-2014

Quote:
Amoralism:
Zed has more potential, rengar is pretty much binary faceroll

Rengar has a bit of an imbalance that I just can't place... He's pretty simple when you learn to chain his abilities and double Q, but you can have some really good games in terms of kills, but be generally ****ty in the lanes, then drop off horribly during the emdgame. There's just something off about him due to all these reworks and nerfs. I might still refund

MeesterDerk

06-20-2014

Quote:
ObeyTheWaves:
Rengar has a bit of an imbalance that I just can't place... He's pretty simple when you learn to chain his abilities and double Q, but you can have some really good games in terms of kills, but be generally ****ty in the lanes, then drop off horribly during the emdgame. There's just something off about him due to all these reworks and nerfs. I might still refund

If you've already bought Rengar don't refund him quite yet. Zed and Rengar are both solid choices, and very different. If you want Zed as well, just wait for the IP. I don't think you'll get much more satisfaction from Zed. If you're honestly having this much trouble with Rengar, I suggest looking up some tricks to help you out. Complex champs like rengar usually have some hidden gems that make them really stand out. One of these is going into a bush (like you should be doing to cs), hitting 6 in the bush, then ulting IN the bush to pounce on ur lane opponent. My point is, I don't think Rengar is the kind of champ that you should waste a refund on, especially since you haven't really unlocked his potential.